Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant1

Doom Accomplishments Thread!

2 hours ago, Wagi said:

I have beaten the first 3 episodes of Doom in Nightmare without saves. (FUCK E2M6)

I have completed several Hell Revealed maps pacifist style, as well as the majority of Heretic levels.

Jesus man, huge props.

3 hours ago, Ant1 said:

Huge congrats! Next step is UV ;). It isn't all that bad, I promise. I speak from having just done it.

Well... Maybe later. As someone fairly fresh to Doom, I'd rather see new content at a reasonable difficulty; I'll have plenty of time to grind out the same levels afterwards. Already halfway through Evilution anyway.

I killed a pain elemental with two rockets and one shot of the pistol today. It accomplished an honest laugh out of me, something I haven't had with this game in a long time.

I managed to pistol start sunlust on UV up to map22 so far! Only used saves to skip the tedious starts on the last 3 maps or so - hopefully I'll resist the urge to savescum on the later ones.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, Revved said:

All single segment, 100% kills and secrets, no deaths

Based.

I recorded a single-segment UV-Max speedrun of Base Ganymede's episode one in Chocolate Doom :) It feels good because no one else posted any demos of this run on DSDArchive, and Chocolate Doom is extra comfy. You can find the video on youtube, but the run is nearly fifty minutes long so it's probably pretty boring if you're not currently playing the megawad.

I finally beat Downtown in Doom II on UV! I'm hoping to beat the whole game by tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

I played through archie.wad

Would not recommend.

As a noob, what is archie.wad?

I guess finishing Alien Vendetta, Scythe, Japanese Community Project and Community Chest 1 all in UV are some of my best ''finally did it!'' moments. Despite not being labeled as ''slaughtermaps'' those megawads get freaking hard FAST. CC1 was a chore tho, not a fun wad for me, but I still respect it for being the first one in a series that would get better, way better.

3 minutes ago, Endless said:

I guess finishing Alien Vendetta, Scythe, Japanese Community Project and Community Chest 1 all in UV are some of my best ''finally did it!'' moments. Despite not being labeled as ''slaughtermaps'' those megawads get freaking hard FAST. CC1 was a chore tho, not a fun wad for me, but I still respect it for being the first one in a series that would get better, way better.

AV and Scythe both have slaughter maps. Congratulations on getting past those maps mate, AV25,26, CC1 29 to name a few. 

8 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

AV and Scythe both have slaughter maps. Congratulations on getting past those maps mate, AV25,26, CC1 29 to name a few. 

Yeah I meant to say that they're not ''slaughter megawads'', like Hell Revealed 2 or Sunlust. I would go insane trying to finish those megawads. Now those are truly barbarous accomplishments.

I'm not into speedrunning or demo recording (casual doomer if you will) so most of my Doom 'accomplishments' are more mapping / modding related, two of them being Project POD for Doom 2 and D3FE for Doom 3 haha.

Edited by sluggard : added links

I've beaten Sunder Map 01-03 on UV difficulty. Pistol start and 100% kills (With saves of course).

l've finally beaten Doom E2 M6 on Nightmare.

It was far too difficult.  Hardest map in Doom on Nightmare by far.

I died a million times if not more. This map took me months or weeks to beat it.

E1 is harder than E2, huh? I would laugh out of my ass.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

11 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

l've finally beaten Doom E2 M6 on Nightmare.

It was far too difficult.  Hardest map in Doom on Nightmare.

I died a million times if not more. This map took me months or weeks to beat it.

E1 is harder than E2, huh? I would laugh out of my ass.

What part of it was the hardest?

10 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Going out of dark maze with the red key was the hardest part.

Makes sense. Congrats on getting through it!

Now, if you want to learn the void glide, I managed to get it a few times with help from some other members here... ;)

1 minute ago, meganium_menagerie said:

I finished Thy Flesh Consumed for the first time today!

Hell yeah man! I'm working on it as  type.

Finished Plutonia on UV. I had to savescum the hell out of map 32 though. It was also supposed to be a pistol start run, but I gave up on that about half way through.

Nice work all! There are some amazing achievements here!

My achievement is I’ve been playing through all the original commercially released DooM games (ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Plutonia and TNT) UV-max with no saves except between levels :-D Have completed everything so far except episode 4 which I just started last night (E4M1 Just has so little ammo for those secret barons!!!) 

May not sound like much but I’m pretty proud about it :-D

Depending on how hard E4 kicks my butt, might try the same UV-fast next :-)

Edit: All done!!! Yaaaaaaaay :-D To be honest, it wasn’t that bad :-P It was only really TNT map 27 (mount pain - just soooooo long) and E4M1 (had to punch out the last baron) that gave me much trouble :-)

Edited by DooM Bear

10 hours ago, DooM Bear said:

Nice work all! There are some amazing achievements here!

My achievement is I’ve been playing through all the original commercially released DooM games (ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Plutonia and TNT) UV-max with no saves except between levels :-D Have completed everything so far except episode 4 which I just started last night (E4M1 Just has so little ammo for those secret barons!!!) 

May not sound like much but I’m pretty proud about it :-D

Depending on how hard E4 kicks my butt, might try the same UV-fast next :-)

Hell yeah dude, congrats!

33 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I finished Doom's Episode 2 on Nightmare, which means I finished 3 episodes of Doom on Nightmare now.

Soon you'll have to change your name!