What's your favorite name for the icon of sin

What's your favorite name for the icon of sin  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite name for the icon of sin

• The Icon of Sin
    • The Gate Keeper
    • The Demon Spitter
    • The Baphomet

What's your favorite name for the icon of sin mine is The Gate Keeper.

I think its cool how there is different icons of sin basically like for different parts of hell like maybe the Gate keeper guards like a area that leads to another part of hell etc 

I like Baphomet. id didn't name the demon properly when Doom 2 came out. After ~25 years one of the creators gave it a proper name 'Baphomet' in his wad. Icon of Sin is just the name of the level. Modern id didn't give a fuck about this fact and just named it like that. Shame.

For me every IOS has the name of the map its in, except if it is named by the author/s somewhere.

-Doom2 IOS is IOS.

-TNT is DemonSpitter.

-Plutonia is GateKeeper.

-Icarus is Nucleus.

-Memento Mori I is Viper

-Memento Mori II is IT

-Requiem is tricky, as the map name is a reference to the end of mapping in Doom, so Nevermore is the authors farewell and not the properly IOS, i think.

-Eternal Doom is the corrupted sword Excalibur.

-STRAIN is the best and most overthinked of all: BOSS.

-Demonfear last map is Demonfear, but i retconned it as the nicknamed demons gave to Doomguy after all the fights.

-Revolution! is The Forgotten God.

Those are good examples.

Edited by P41R47

Out of all the possible options my favorite name for the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger it will become.

Icon of Sin is nothing like the Baphomet, it's just a demonic looking rotting giant goat skull with pipes sticking in it, Baphomet has more symbols and features than just a goat head too.

1 hour ago, Graf Zahl said:

For me it's just "that annoying thing at the end of every megawad out there". :P

lol i agree in some cases

Since i'm just starting to play more Doom II WAD's and trying to get familiar with Doom II itself i just call it the Icon of Sin. It's boring but it works.

For the longest time i only played The Ultimate Doom (or UD mapsets) so i wasn't to familiar with Doom II besides the first 8 maps or so. Obviously the Icon of Sin is out of that range. Same goes with most Megawads lol.

The IoS is an iconic (d'ho!) and badass sounding name. The others are pretty generic by comparison.

I always just called it The Demon Wall. It wasn't until the late 90's when I played it on PC that I actually used the correct name. I still call it Demon Wall occasionally.