Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morpheus666

The Gentleman's Doom recording.

Please try mine. The compatibility is MBF. I don't know why but it gets an error on prBoom+. But it works well on zdoom based ports. Use doom 2 as IWAD.

Screenshot_Doom_20200723_230239.png.4486c68e534ba16776344757533c9218.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200723_230411.png.1433c17ba673ee5bb9f54fca83a6e6b9.png

The length is around 15-20 minutes. No freelook, jumping, or crouching needed. 

Just try MAP01 (Because that's the only map available for now lol). I haven't set it for easy and medium difficulty, so just play it on any difficulty. It doesn't matter.

Download link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0fldrd49yb8i5d/Eleven Zero.wad?dl=0

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Oh my god, what happened to audio on third map? Is it just recording or music actually got messed up?

Also, you seem to be running out of ammo because you use supershotgun from too far away or against zombies and imps that aren't clustered. You should use normal shotgun more often.

I believe it was the Recording software got screwed up, After turning My PC on and off it fixed the issue, I believe it is because my PC is having issues outside of the recording software, I will try to fix it to the best of my ability but i cannot guarantee that the audio will be completely perfect

Hello! it's me again and I finally beat @ViolentBeetle Hell Frontier! Sadly the video is roughly 2 hours long of me playing it and it's taking forever for Youtube to upload it, So just for anyone wanting to watch I've provided a

Downloadable Version of the file:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7xh7qcc2rfasadk/Hell_Frontier_Part_2.mp4/file

Summery:

The wad was hard as hell (Pun intended) It was fast pace, Thrilling and a overall pretty awesome Experience, The only gripe i did have was at times when i hit a switch it felt like the game was Punishing me for trying to continue playing often putting me in semi-enclosed rooms with dozens of high tier monsters, after many attempts and strategies figured out i eventually found out how to get past, The Layouts for the last half of the maps are really well made, My favorite Level out of all of them Had to be Level 5 with it's raising Floor moving you up to get to the top to continue to the end, Which by far was the best conclusion to the map-pack I've seen, The Last Level felt like Hell was throwing everything they had at you, and that's what drove me to finally beat the Maps, A solid 8/10 for me. Not 100% sure if i would replay it but it's definitively one i would recommend to anyone wanting a good challenge.

Though I didn't have time to watch the entire thing (And you probably didn't need to make quality so high it weights 2 Gb) your video did provide me with some insight particularly a few milestones where a few more health items would be appropriate. Shame you couldn't record map 4, I was looking for forwards to it, for it was my magnum opus in dickery.

14 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

The only gripe i did have was at times when i hit a switch it felt like the game was Punishing me for trying to continue playing often putting me in semi-enclosed rooms with dozens of high tier monsters

That's one way to look at it, I suppose. My design philosophy was always, so to speak, "Consensual encounters". The way I see it, flipping the switch says "I'm ready for the next challenge", and what follows is not really punishment.

5 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

That's one way to look at it, I suppose. My design philosophy was always, so to speak, "Consensual encounters". The way I see it, flipping the switch says "I'm ready for the next challenge", and what follows is not really punishment.

It was really well made and i really enjoyed it, I suppose some people like that but it's not a personal favorite design trope of mine.

Really interesting and fun little Gameplay mod, It's kind of reminds me of like a Parallel dimension version of doom, Or to make it clear like Playing Doom to the Left.

Overall a really fun and cool concept, Would definitely play it again

Hello Sir! I always happy to see playthrough of my maps so how could i dont make a submission here!
This is single map but Very long, basically two maps WAD in one map. It's also pretty hard, think twice if you want to play on UV (I recommended that ofcourse xD) 
Some advise: In first part you should spare your rockets wisely, cause they are priceless, in second part the same goes to cells
And because nobody got it so far I'll spare you for you some frustration by saying that in a last fight you have to shoot fleshy columns.