Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant1

Question about void glide

I'm trying to do the E2M6 void glide. I have a demo here (no monsters) of me trying to do the glide. I get a wobble many times but can't actually get through. Is there anything specific I'm doing wrong, or should I just keep doing what I have been until it works? Also, I don't know how to upload a demo to YouTube but I can email it if asked. It was played on Doom (not Ultimate) v 1.9

4 hours ago, Ant1 said:

Also, I don't know how to upload a demo to YouTube but I can email it if asked. It was played on Doom (not Ultimate) v 1.9

So you have the demo right? Download and install winrar (https://www.rarlab.com/), right click on the demo, and click "add to archive. Then you can rename the file, change the format to .zip (its universal), and click ok. From there, just attach your .zip to a new post and ur good 2 go. 

e2m6glide.zip

Wow, I can be dumb sometimes. I already have winrar I should have thought of that. Anyways, there's the demo. Remember, it was played on Doom 1.9, not the Ultimate Doom, in case it matters.

1 hour ago, Starduster said:

So you have the demo right? Download and install winrar (https://www.rarlab.com/), right click on the demo, and click "add to archive. Then you can rename the file, change the format to .zip (its universal), and click ok. From there, just attach your .zip to a new post and ur good 2 go. 

Sorry for not thinking of that

28 minutes ago, Ant1 said:

Remember, it was played on Doom 1.9, not the Ultimate Doom, in case it matters.

Im pretty sure there is not much of a difference when it comes to compatibility. 

2 minutes ago, Starduster said:

Im pretty sure there is not much of a difference when it comes to compatibility. 

Alright

Uh, your demo was done in -nomonsters mode when the type of glide you want to do requires a pinky bite. Let me have a try at the slightly faster one that uses the RL. I'll post it when I'm done.

Nevermind, I was wrong, the method you are trying is possible in -nomonsters mode. I could not replicate the glide using the RL boost. Give your method a few more tries, I got it on my second. Also notice how I start wobbling there and then push against the wall.

whatev.zip

-nomonsters has no effect on any of the glides used in E2M6, an enemy is only "required" with void glides similar to the one in E1M8

heres a slowmotion video showcasing the setup i use for the standard glide in E2M6 including keypresses:

my left mouse button is to activate strafe50 so it would be different for you most likely, it is not required for the glide to work

Edited by depr4vity

16 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

-nomonsters has no effect on any of the glides used in E2M6, an enemy is only "required" with void glides similar to the one in E1M8

heres a slowmotion video showcasing the setup i use for the standard glide in E2M6 including keypresses:

my left mouse button is to activate strafe50 so it would be different for you most likely, it is not required for the glide to work

I use my right for SR50. Thank you!

Also, I'm honored that Depravity has responded to my post! I'll send another demo once I get it.

Some void glide use monster for block yourself in the right angle, like this one:

But for your situation, you just need to push the corner with the good angle, it will be easier with a SR50.

If you want more precision check this

13 minutes ago, S6kana said:

Some void glide use monster for block yourself in the right angle, like this one:

But for your situation, you just need to push the corner with the good angle, it will be easier with a SR50.

If you want more precision check this

I had read the movement guide earlier. Also, I JUST DID IT!!!!!

E2M6glide.zip

Now I wanna get my time down ;)

Also, now that Compet-n isn't a thing, where do I go to see the world records?

5 minutes ago, Ant1 said:

I had read the movement guide earlier. Also, I JUST DID IT!!!!!

E2M6glide.zip

Now I wanna get my time down ;)

Also, now that Compet-n isn't a thing, where do I go to see the world records?

Good job! Let me warn you that watching speedruns is addictive, lol

1 minute ago, Starduster said:

Good job! Let me warn you that watching speedruns is addictive, lol

I already have been on Youtube, I just didn't know where to find the leaderboards.

Okay so now I'm trying to get it quicker. The glide is improving, but how the hell do you line up to hit the switch?? I've just been spamming space and hoping it works, but there's gotta be something to make it slightly more consistent, right?