Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant1

E2M6 Exit Switch

Is there any consistent way to get the exit switch to activate out-of-bounds? I can NEVER get it for the life of me. Here's a demo of me getting the glide, but failing the press.

speedglide.zip

See my post here:

Just one addendum: you don't have to be completely perpendicular to the wall. You can be facing just a "notch" towards the exit linedef and still press it. If trying to press it really quickly, that probably the way to go. Oh, and of course another addendum (not relevant to e2m6): ZM's discovery that the linedef doesn't actually have to touch the void directly - there can be a gap, though then you do need to be perpendicular (and infinitessimally to the right).

The rest of the thread I linked to contains a lot of useful information too (as well as some off-topic discussion).

9 hours ago, Grazza said:

See my post here:

Just one addendum: you don't have to be completely perpendicular to the wall. You can be facing just a "notch" towards the exit linedef and still press it. If trying to press it really quickly, that probably the way to go. Oh, and of course another addendum (not relevant to e2m6): ZM's discovery that the linedef doesn't actually have to touch the void directly - there can be a gap, though then you do need to be perpendicular (and infinitessimally to the right).

The rest of the thread I linked to contains a lot of useful information too (as well as some off-topic discussion).

Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it :)

On 7/18/2020 at 5:16 AM, Maximum Matt said:

As far as I know, you just gotta press your nose against it and hammer the space bar until it works.

Maybe binding "USE" to "mouse-wheel-down" can help?

1 hour ago, Coincident said:

Maybe binding "USE" to "mouse-wheel-down" can help?

Damn dude, you should have told me this before I broke my RMB.

Just now, GarrettChan said:

Damn dude, you should have told me this before I broke my RMB.

LOL