Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomlad

Queueing up music

So  I'm making a map where I want a track to play and then when it is finished another track will begin to play. I'm wondering if this is possible.

The easiest and least error prone way is to simply combine the tracks into one.

Or you could do an ACS script to Delay until the track ends and then SetMusic to play the next. The problem however is that bringing up the menu would continue the music but halt the delay, so the timing would immediately go out of sync.

Just now, Nevander said:

The easiest and least error prone way is to simply combine the tracks into one.

Or you could do an ACS script to Delay until the track ends and then SetMusic to play the next. The problem however is that bringing up the menu would continue the music but halt the delay, so the timing would immediately go out of sync.

I've been combing tracks but the reason I want to queue up music is to keep file size to a minimum. There's gonna be lots of tracks with each ranging from 1-6mb each

Well two tracks split isn't really that much different from joining them. It's still roughly the same size, just as a single file instead of several.

It would also help to know how exactly you are planning to do music changes. Is it tied to progression on a map? Is it purely after the first track ends regardless of time played?