Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

Announcing, the first ever magazine on Doomworld: The Doom Master Wadazine!

11 minutes ago, Impie said:

I dig it. Would love to see a few issues of this.

Challenge accepted ;)

Saw this last night before going to bed. This looks pretty cool actually, I like the general presentation although there's something... off to me, can't exactly put my finger on it though, probably the spacing at times and the very apparent simplicity. I think it needs some general "visual improvements" to stand out a bit more.

Nonetheless, I like the general idea, I've started to miss zines in general in the recent years, which is strange since I've not even grown up with them in the first place. I hope this project goes somewhere.

4 hours ago, Good-Old said:

Yeah! Newstuff is back with a new name! Please don't let it die.

Definitely /Newstuff is a great inspiration, but I will try to make the magazine in such a way that it can have its own face or identity :)

3 hours ago, seed said:

Saw this last night before going to bed. This looks pretty cool actually, I like the general presentation although there's something... off to me, can't exactly put my finger on it though, probably the spacing at times and the very apparent simplicity. I think it needs some general "visual improvements" to stand out a bit more.

Nonetheless, I like the general idea, I've started to miss zines in general in the recent years, which is strange since I've not even grown up with them in the first place. I hope this project goes somewhere.

Thanks Seed! Always good to hear words of encouragement!

And I get your point, haha, it does look a little simple, but we can expect improvements over time. :)

4 hours ago, dmslr said:

Xaser like a boss

7_birthday.jpg?_cb=1575941376

Our boi Jimmy can bring world peace with that smile.

11 hours ago, Endless said:

Absolutely. You choose the WAD you think is worthy and simply send a PM and we'll coordinate!

That explains why I never found any information about it on Doomworld. It looks like something pretty interesting.

Okay I'd really prefer to share Console Doom news since I'm a professional at that. I'll send you the thing in DMs.

Will there be any consistent segments with modern doom news and work? Whether it's Eternal news, 2016 Snapmap reviews, mod for Doom 3?

1 minute ago, Chezza said:

Will there be any consistent segments with modern doom news and work? Whether it's Eternal news, 2016 Snapmap reviews, mod for Doom 3?

The main objective of the magazine is about WADs. -news or related stuff about the modern games would be extras that would depend on the writer that wants to share them. Of course, it's not something that's out the door.

So btw, this is entirely html based, am I getting this right? Are you hosting this yourself somewhere?

Just now, elend said:

So btw, this is entirely html based, am I getting this right? Are you hosting this yourself somewhere?

Not entirely html based, it will also have an option for pdf format download, but it also will be, indeed, hosted by Doomkid in the Doomshack once the issue is published!

Funny enough i am at the ends of finishing an entry for the ZDoom Spotlight, which is in essence one of the sections this magazine wants to set out.

When that's done, i do would want to participate in this, in terms of history, or oddities.*

Also that Quakecon shot is awesome.

*Then again i would equally say yes to help out with the Cacoward write ups considering the efforts of writing that go into these.

53 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Funny enough i am at the ends of finishing an entry for the ZDoom Spotlight, which is in essence one of the sections this magazine wants to set out.

When that's done, i do would want to participate in this, in terms of history, or oddities.*

Also that Quakecon shot is awesome.

*Then again i would equally say yes to help out with the Cacoward write ups considering the efforts of writing that go into these.

Awesome. PM whenever you want and we can find the place for it !

Oh wow, wadzine? Ambitious. Is white background the best idea though? If you ask me, I would most love to read in it some worthwhile post dug out from the forums' past. People here constantly share great stories, ideas, reviews and jokes.

17 hours ago, Endless said:

Not entirely html based, it will also have an option for pdf format download, but it also will be, indeed, hosted by Doomkid in the Doomshack once the issue is published!

How about making it in .wad format so it truly deserves its moniker of "wadazine"? :p

27 minutes ago, <<Rewind said:

Oh wow, wadzine? Ambitious. Is white background the best idea though? If you ask me, I would most love to read in it some worthwhile post dug out from the forums' past. People here constantly share great stories, ideas, reviews and jokes.

Would love to share stories of Doom and Doomworld, indeed, but they would prob be done by current writers, in their own words. I dont feel its right to just copy and paste old stories and call it a day. Especially if they are done by authors that are not active.

7 minutes ago, Gez said:

How about making it in .wad format so it truly deserves its moniker of "wadazine"? :p

And that the only way to read it is through the text screens every time you finish an episode ;P the chad way of reading.

UPDATE!

The first ever issue is out now! Ready for your reading enjoyment!

Check it out: