Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

I do not agree with the idea of having this be a full megawad, considering we have slightly less than 2 weeks to fill out all of the slots, and hopefully polishing too. It'd be much more easy to manage if we ended at for example MAP11, and had MAP12 be a credits/ending map of sorts. Doing it this way would increase the potential quality the individual maps could have, since our efforts aren't spread out thin on too many maps at once.

I'll let the next update to come through, and then I will make an update. Said update will make killing the custom boss end the map, and potentially replace MAP11 with the current MAP30, depending on what @AtticTelephone thinks.

Just now, Alper002 said:

I do not agree with the idea of having this be a full megawad, considering we have slightly less than 2 weeks to fill out all of the slots, and hopefully polishing too. It'd be much more easy to manage if we ended at for example MAP11, and had MAP12 be a credits/ending map of sorts. Doing it this way would increase the potential quality the individual maps could have, since our efforts aren't spread out thin on too many maps at once.

I'll let the next update to come through, and then I will make an update. Said update will make killing the custom boss end the map, and potentially replace MAP11 with the current MAP30, depending on what @AtticTelephone thinks.

I think MAP11 is fine, and I realized we don't have enough time. Maybe we should have more time, How about until September 21st?

28 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Excuse me, did you hear me?

i didnt saw your latest post - i mean sorry

7 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

How about until September 21st?

Not against this at all, but it'll still be a lot of high-speed development that needs to happen lol

I have ideas for helping out the process a little, but I'll wait on putting those into action

I also feel the boss needs something "extra" about it that isn't just enemy spawning.(nevermind that non-map30s will act weird if you're using IOS spawners lol)

Besides making the projectile it fires a revenant rocket(Or make use of manc projectiles), I can't think of anything that'd make it extra challenging to fight on it's own. If any of you have any suggestions which is within the realm of boom-compatibility, please give them.

Another thing I feel we are in need of right now is a list for who has worked on what so far, to be extended as needed. It'll save us a lot of trouble down the road if we suss out the credits early on(I.E. now) rather than doing it late.

12 minutes ago, Alper002 said:

Not against this at all, but it'll still be a lot of high-speed development that needs to happen lol

I have ideas for helping out the process a little, but I'll wait on putting those into action

I also feel the boss needs something "extra" about it that isn't just enemy spawning.(nevermind that non-map30s will act weird if you're using IOS spawners lol)

Besides making the projectile it fires a revenant rocket(Or make use of manc projectiles), I can't think of anything that'd make it extra challenging to fight on it's own. If any of you have any suggestions which is within the realm of boom-compatibility, please give them.

Another thing I feel we are in need of right now is a list for who has worked on what so far, to be extended as needed. It'll save us a lot of trouble down the road if we suss out the credits early on(I.E. now) rather than doing it late.

We can make him shoot Pain Elementals or Spectres, wouldn't that be fun?

just added the sounds! good choise Roofi!

rise of the triad! what you guys think? ^.=.^

- added title music: "MMMenu"

- added intermission music: "Civvie 11 outro"... i mean "How'd I Do" hehe...

- added read intermission music: "Rise of the Triad"

- added MAP04 music: "Goin' Down the Fast Way"

- added MAP07 music: "un56" the unused version of "Shawn's got the shotgun"

NEGATIVEONE_V0.26.zip

38 minutes ago, Alper002 said:

I would've used the boom functions that boom dehacked had but I wanted to stay as vanilla as possible, so i didnt use any of em and instead opted for Doom 1.9 dehacked

Just now, Obsidian Plague said:

I would've used the boom functions that boom dehacked had but I wanted to stay as vanilla as possible, so i didnt use any of em and instead opted for Doom 1.9 dehacked

That's fair, but MAP01 uses sky transfers, so we're already stuck in the boom zone, heh.

The one idea I'm testing right now to make the boss more spicy would theoretically work in a vanilla space, but the lost soul limit being gone will prove to make it a bit more dangerous than what it would've been there ;)

30 minutes ago, Roofi said:

NEGATIVEONE_v0.25.wad

Added 3 different sounds ! All from fantasnd.wad

DSSHOTGN , DSPISTOL and DSPUNCH had been added in the wad.

I like what you were trying to go for with the pistol but that out of place ricochet for DSPISTOL really doesn't click with me

Maybe we should release maps/updates to maps separately from updates to the main wad, so we don't get potentially too muddled with duplicate versions of the wads when the additions and changes could just be added into the next "major version".

We should have more custom monsters, say, we aren't going to use any Commander Keens, are we?

Also, since Baphomet takes the Spider Mastermind's place, would that make it immune to blast damage?

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

We should have more custom monsters, say, we aren't going to use any Commander Keens, are we?

Also, since Baphomet takes the Spider Mastermind's place, would that make it immune to blast damage?

Immune to splash damage but not immune to rockets.

2 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

Immune to splash damage but not immune to rockets.

Nice, hey, where did you get the cool dude anyway? He's not on Realm667.

Just now, AtticTelephone said:

Nice, hey, where did you get the cool dude anyway? He's not on Realm667.

I pulled daedolon's sprites from hexen and recolored them

8 minutes ago, Alper002 said:

Maybe we should release maps/updates to maps separately from updates to the main wad, so we don't get potentially too muddled with duplicate versions of the wads when the additions and changes could just be added into the next "major version".

maybe we could put levels, sounds and music separately in a google drive folder, if some wants to play is just download the folder as a zip!

As the person who came up with Doom -1, I think using seperate zip files and combining it into one major update is ok, but I kinda preferred having people update the WAD one at a time (even if it causes branches, which are actually easy to deal with).

About custom monsters, maybe we should have a Baron with Revenant missile launchers.

I think we should at least have map addition/update uploads be separate from actual version releases just so branches like those don't have to happen. Just because branches are easy enough to deal with doesn't mean they're any good :P

Anyhow, a release from me:

NEGATIVEONE_V0.27.zip

These are the changes:

-Changed the new boss to shoot lost souls instead of baron projectiles. I toned down the rate it fires at but it might need to be nerfed some more...

-The order of lumps in the wad has been rearranged so it is slightly easier to look at in SLADE

-The dehacked now makes health/armor pickups use a different verb

Just one thing: Do not replace the WolfSS as Ill be making MAP31 and MAP32 and I'm gonna need the WolfSS for something.

MAP02 update: Added a red door towards the right side of this crossroad section which I added previously. Also replaced the yellow skull key with red skull key in RiviTheWarlock's arena section. Map currently has no Yellow Skull Key which is supposedly required to open the exit room.

Coop-20200720-002923.png.4ca6195f91ebc1f30993f7029700a6df.png

Anyone wanting to edit the map should probably start adding more rooms at the end of the green stairs that go up.

Coop-20200720-003032.png.29763aad904bad5f1377ea130cb28881.png

Coop-20200720-003054.png.2f9ff0dc80623a9220156e5c928db385.png

NEGATIVEONE_V0.28.zip

Since nobody is going to use any Keens, I guess it's safe to add a second custom monster. I have some ideas, like replacing the Baphomet in MAP11 with a more fitting custom monster, like a grown Arachnotron, or an Arch-Vile with a chaingun.

Maybe we should have it take place on a terraformed Venus, but I'll leave the story to you guys.

Baphomet in the credits shoots 3 times with the shotgun sfx, kinda weird.

I think I liked it more when it was just one map. This seems too much of a clusterfuck to do anything on. I'd have really loved to see what kind of one big chunky map would have come out.

14 minutes ago, IvanDobrovski said:

I think I liked it more when it was just one map. This seems too much of a clusterfuck to do anything on. I'd have really loved to see what kind of one big chunky map would have come out.

Having multiple maps have actually allowed players to work simultaneously on different levels. Just a single map could have created a lot more confusion and might have made overlapping issues quite a lot as well. But that's a good idea for a potential future social experiment - One giant, almost openworld kind of Doom map.