Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

I forgot that pain elementals would have to spit out wicked, so that means I now have to replace pain elementals. Ideas for a pain elemental replacement?

38 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

We should check the compatibility of the wad, not sure if Baphomet works in very vanilla ports. It works in PRBoom+, but I'm not sure about the ZDoom family, multiplayer ports like Skulltag (some of the levels have extra spawns for co-op), Chocolate and Crispy, and or MBF-ports.

It works with GZDoom since GZDoom works with everything (mostly), yet to check the other ports.

46 minutes ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

Did you make any other changes or only add map 31?

Nope, only MAP31. (Also added a music to replace D_EVIL)

25 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

I forgot that pain elementals would have to spit out wicked, so that means I now have to replace pain elementals. Ideas for a pain elemental replacement?

Remember when I said I wanted a custom enemy that looked like Sabaoth or the Doom Hunters, and how I said it could be made out of pieces of different sprites?

Some cool notes:

I'm not sure if Freedoom did this or not, but in the credits, Not-Doomguy is named "Son of Our Hero".

Also, in the credits, the Wicked will die anyway, since it's only attack is to charge and explode.

Baphomet makes shotgun noises in the credits also.

On Realm667, there is a few custom monsters that look like the Wicked, including the Rictus and the Phantasm.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but MAP31 has a broken exit.

I have no clue how to fix the shotgun noises in the credits, I think it's hardcoded to do that

10 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

I have no clue how to fix the shotgun noises in the credits, I think it's hardcoded to do that

So, uh, you figured out what to replace the Pain Elemental with?

9 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

So, uh, you figured out what to replace the Pain Elemental with?

Yeah I have but I think i'm going to take a break from enemy creation for a tad bit, it's a pretty exhausting process

- Added MAP05 is a fake elevator, the map focus on the rocket-launcher, you can pick up a plasma rifle on a secret "with my name" but this makes to easy you know.

- Added MAP05 music: a midi version of "endless" from "dusk"

- Fixed miss placed damage floors in MAP02

- Remade the pit in "MAP02" red skull room, now is a lava fountain, you still can fall there.

- Added "credits" file in the wad, if you add any custom content you can credit the creator (or yourself if the case)

- organized the maps files, now in order and together.

cool!!! ^.=.^ this feels like we working together.

NEGATIVEONE_V0.33.zip

Edited by dragon's influence

Well, I tested v0.32, and it works in both GZDoom and Crispy Doom.

Here's a cool picture from GZDoom.

Screenshot_Doom_20200719_192512.png.b46ba005df693cdbbe6f3d6e839b464d.png

Also, in Crispy Doom, Baphomet in the credits plays the correct sounds.

Alright guys, I heard about this new Doomworld thing called the Doom Master Wadazine, and it's great. I think because of the WAD's unique idea, we might just be able to get an article about Doom -1 or be featured on the Newstuff parts. But besides that, we are doing great. The music is good, the custom monsters are great, and the levels are amazing for the standards of these sort of things. I hope we can get a full 32 megawad by the beginning of September.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

Alright guys, I heard about this new Doomworld thing called the Doom Master Wadazine, and it's great. I think because of the WAD's unique idea, we might just be able to get an article about Doom -1 or be featured on the Newstuff parts. But besides that, we are doing great. The music is good, the custom monsters are great, and the levels are amazing for the standards of these sort of things. I hope we can get a full 32 megawad by the beginning of September.

Nice!

One thing I have been thinking about is the potential for it to be designed around pistol starts. Since the map pack is a mess of different maps and ideas it mgiht be constructive for every level to start with the same loadout.

1 minute ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

Nice!

One thing I have been thinking about is the potential for it to be designed around pistol starts. Since the map pack is a mess of different maps and ideas it mgiht be constructive for every level to start with the same loadout.

I heard that when an IoS dies, the next level is played on pistol start, I'm not sure if it works or not.

2 minutes ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

That would mean every level would end in a fiery explosion though.

Wait, I remember now, I think that how it works is that you teleport into an area and telefrag an IoS, or you get teleported into an area that kills both the IoS and you, such as a crusher. It only works because the game doesn't care if you died, because it will end the level anyway.

Alright, I'm going to edit a few things in v0.34.

1: I will make the final boss a bit easier, it already has 4 revenants and a boss that can take 3 BFG shots and can shoot exploding Lost Souls.

2: I will make the base for MAP06.

Alright, here are some interesting things I found out about.

1: If you telefrag a barrel and an IOS or Baphomet, it will both kill you and start the next level, which causes you to pistol start the map. I prefer using an IoS, since the IoS is silent when it is telefragged.

2: Apparently there are supposed to be custom death messages for ZDoom ports when you die from the custom enemies.

Edit: 3: The custom death messages don't work sadly.

Edited by AtticTelephone

Hey guys, can I have a rough line of what maps are been made until now with finished and unfinished maps?

Also, reading this thread from quite some time and I'm interested in doing something for this, what I have to do for this? Just download the latest pack and add something?

4 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Hey guys, can I have a rough line of what maps are been made until now with finished and unfinished maps?

Also, reading this thread from quite some time and I'm interested in doing something for this, what I have to do for this? Just download the latest pack and add something?

Basically, yeah

6 minutes ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

I have completely revamped the bossfight visually, I hope you enjoy lakes of blood! I'll probably upload a demo of the final map before I go to bed tonight if you want to check it out.

NEGATIVEONE_V0.35.rar

I was just about to upload with my edits when I saw your version.. I added some custom textures and flats. Can you please upload a .zip file since I'm not able to extract the .rar file for some reason. I will then add my changes to that version. Thank you.

Just now, Rosh Fragger said:

I was just about to upload with my edits when I saw your version.. I added some custom textures and flats. Can you please upload a .zip file since I'm not able to extract the .rar file for some reason. I will then add my changes to that version. Thank you.

NEGATIVEONE_V0.35.zip

Added some custom textures and flats (including animated waterfall and lavafall patches.)

Captu11re.JPG.dd6fbc63ede65fe1d76691bcdab4412e.JPG

NEGATIVEONE_V0.36.zip

Also, I have an idea for a new map (MAP12 perhaps, or any other available slot.) A map with lots of interconnected caves with lava flowing in them. MAP11 is the boss fight map so should I make MAP12 the base for that lava/cave map?

16 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Added some custom textures and flats (including animated waterfall and lavafall patches.)

Captu11re.JPG.dd6fbc63ede65fe1d76691bcdab4412e.JPG

NEGATIVEONE_V0.36.zip

Also, I have an idea for a new map (MAP12 perhaps, or any other available slot.) A map with lots of interconnected caves with lava flowing in them. MAP11 is the boss fight map so should I make MAP12 the base for that lava/cave map?

Good idea