Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Just now, dragon's influence said:

having difficulties with the Commander Keens, how they activate sector 666? as a door?

It's only on level 32, it's some sort of code, like MAP07.

oh that is dumb! i have given the sector tag "66" instead of "666" >.=.<

Edited by dragon's influence

- added waciej MAP02 + some of mine enhancements.

- fixed confusion on the secret ext on MAP31:

you can open the blue door but now is a grid blocking the secret exit, kill all the binal spaceman to open the grid, and secret exit the level!

- added unused secret on MAP31

heck i was slow on this one >.=.<"

NEGATIVEONE_v0.46.zip

Can somebody list all the music tracks and levels? Also, I'm just going to post a few ideas.

1: Turrets that hide in liquids.

2: A hallway with framed profile pics of the most important contributors in MAP32.

3: A monster that spawns Wickeds from the walls, similar to the beta monster shown here.

4: BARONS WITH LASERS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS.

5: Final Attack theme from Metal Slug for the pre-finale level.

44 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

2: A hallway with framed profile pics of the most important contributors in MAP32.

That is a good idea. Speaking of, should MAP32 be either A). A reference to another id Software game like I did in MAP31? B) A slaughter map based on a level from Doom 1 or Doom 2 like Plutonia's Go 2 It? C) Just a secret level with easter eggs everywhere

2 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

That is a good idea. Speaking of, should MAP32 be either A). A reference to another id Software game like I did in MAP31? B) A slaughter map based on a level from Doom 1 or Doom 2 like Plutonia's Go 2 It? C) Just a secret level with easter eggs everywhere

C, C a hundred times.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

C, C a hundred times.

Okay. Also you wanted a list of MAPs?

Here goes.

MAP01 - The original collab level, not sure about music - Started by you

MAP02 - Midi of Smoke on the Water - Started by you I think

MAP03 - Plutonia reference level by me. Didn't put the track.

MAP04 - Don't fucking know who started it neither do I know the track

MAP05 - CHASM CALLED, IT WANTS ITS LEDGES BACK.

MAP06 - Unmodified level

MAP07 - Dead Simple replacement I made. Midi not placed by me

MAP11 - The wall destruction level

MAP12 - Generic cave level

MAP30 - Fight against Baphomet

MAP31 - WOLF3D E3M9 REMAKE WITH CYBERDEMON HAHA (Midi is The Ultimate Challenge)

5 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Here goes.

I revamped the entire boss arena for Baphomet in the version I made last night, added the original computer maze to map01, and made the first finish able version of map02. Other than that I've just done bug fixes.

15 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I made MAP01, MAP02, MAP04 and MAP11.

Should we work on the lore a bit?

Simple. Rip and Tear, until it is done.

26 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Here goes.

MAP03 - Plutonia reference level by me. Didn't put the track.

MAP04 - Don't fucking know who started it neither do I know the track

MAP05 - CHASM CALLED, IT WANTS ITS LEDGES BACK.

MAP06 - Unmodified level

MAP07 - Dead Simple replacement I made. Midi not placed by me

MAP11 - The wall destruction level

MAP12 - Generic cave level

MAP31 - WOLF3D E3M9 REMAKE WITH CYBERDEMON HAHA (Midi is The Ultimate Challenge)

Can i edit any of these maps?Or just the first one and make a new one?

Just now, Babel said:

The thing is you can modify any maps (For MAP31 since it's a remake of E3M9 from Wolf3d don't mess too much with the geometry at all or the final room's enemies too much)

5 minutes ago, Babel said:

Your allowed to edit any of them, but I'd suggest doing one of the more empty levels like map 06 or 11 since they are basically a blank canvas, or you could always make a map for one of the maps that don't have a replacement yet.

Okay, thanks, just one question more where is the latest version? Cant find it

We still have 11 days to make the rest of the maps, but to get it done we might need for the active mappers to make a level each to try to get to the 32 level mark. Ideally all the maps should be at least decent.

Alright, here's some lore.

The credits call the protaginist the "son of our hero', which probably means the protagonist is Doomguy's son, so I'm going to name him James Blazkowicz, or Doomdude, I don't know. Anyway, Doomdude is also a space marine, but he works for Negative One, a rival company to the UAC. Negative One, being much smarter than the UAC, decided to copy the idea of teleporters, but instead used a different method to make the teleporters. The first prototype was made from a scrapped Quantum Accelerator (stolen) and pieces of a dead cyberdemon found in Doomguy's hometown (also stolen). The teleporter worked, and only caused mild headaches, which was good enough for Negative One's standards.

A few more tests are done, which all seem to succeed, so Negative One produces a copy, with parts of a crushed spiderdemon found at a starport. The teleporter works faster, but something happens, the test subject seems to have changed appearance. Suddenly, he starts shooting green fire from his hands, injuring two scientists. The test subject then turns on the teleporter again, which then.. I don't have to explain this. The lab is overrun by demons and only Doomdude is alive. Doomdude was busy playing Plutonia 6 on his computer, until he hears a scream, which he goes out to investigate. He enters MAP01, and that's how the story begins.

About Baphomet, he's an evil priest that wants to resurrect the Icon of Sin, and he hates Doomguy too.

About that test subject, he can be a new enemy, he can shoot Baron projectiles and can look like Baphomet.

@RiviTheWarlock Actually, we have until September 21st, and if it isn't done by then, it can be December 31st.

Added a possible foundation for MAP08, fixed a sequence break in MAP01, added a midi (Marathon- Fat Man) to MAP06, and moved MAP03's midi to MAP08.

NEGATIVEONE_v0.48.zip