Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

2 minutes ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

NO THEY"VE HUNG LUIGI

That's actually my OC the dark blue is supposed to be light blue but y'know. Doom doesn't have light blue.

4 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

I’m not exactly ok with the idea of making it only Boom compatible, the WAD actually worked best in Crispy Doom.

Why not play it with Doom Retro instead? Other than DR being Boom-compatible, the two ports are very similar. (Yes Doom Community, you are allowed to have more than one port installed!)

23 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Why not play it with Doom Retro instead? Other than DR being Boom-compatible, the two ports are very similar. (Yes Doom Community, you are allowed to have more than one port installed!)

I have many source ports, the old ZDoom, GZDoom, PRBoom+, Crispy, and even Chocolate.

map 13 has begun

https://ufile.io/xo95w8xr

negativeone_v0.7

pics

doom08.png doom09.png doom10.png doom11.png doom12.png doom13.png doom14.png doom15.png doom16.png

its a map I made, waaaaaay back in 1997, using EdMap on an old 80386 running DOS 6.22... back when I was just a wee lad

Someone needs to fix the issues such as difficulties, textures etc

Edited by CBM

10 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

I’m not exactly ok with the idea of making it only Boom compatible, the WAD actually worked best in Crispy Doom

Reverting Boom changes are hard now considering Boom linedef actions have existed in the project since version 0.05, my version which made use of generalized linedefs.

3 hours ago, CBM said:

map 13 has begun

negativeone_v0.7

pics

doom08.png doom09.png doom10.png doom11.png doom12.png doom13.png doom14.png doom15.png doom16.png

its a map I made, waaaaaay back in 1997, using EdMap on an old 80386 running DOS 6.22... back when I was just a wee lad

This level is cursed

11 hours ago, CBM said:

map 13 has begun

negativeone_v0.7

pics

be sure will play around with this map!

20 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

I’m not exactly ok with the idea of making it only Boom compatible, the WAD actually worked best in Crispy Doom. I wanted this project to be available to all ports. However, if vanilla compatibility is added back, along with compatibility to other WADs, I will set the deadline to February 1st, 2021.

Well to be fair, you said "mostly vanilla" not "strictly vanilla". At any rate, I doubt people are paying attention to vanilla engine limits. But the boom actions might not be so hard to rework, if "limit-removing" was an acceptable compromise

3 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Well to be fair, you said "mostly vanilla" not "strictly vanilla". At any rate, I doubt people are paying attention to vanilla engine limits. But the boom actions might not be so hard to rework, if "limit-removing" was an acceptable compromise

we not using boom that much any way... and limits can lead to creativity! i agree that we should work with limit-removing only.

7 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

we not using boom that much any way... and limits can lead to creativity! i agree that we should work with limit-removing only.

the irony.

This idea is amazing dude. It's really taking off, and I bet at the end of this, it'll be the best wad ever made. This is history being made here!

Added a MIDI to MAP09 (Jimmy- "Nine Feet Under" for Flashback to Hell), replaced WFALL, LFALL, VINES1, and CRAT_N1 with cleaner versions, added to final boss arena.

NEGATIVEONE_v0.75.zip

I've made a substantial update to MAP09, by pasting in an old unfished map of mine. (Don't worry, the original part of MAP09 is still there!)

7jUoK6e.png

iHgeRtQ.png

3WzedbH.png

The map is quite suitable for this project, as it's a mash up of three even older levels: one inspired by the work of Dr. Sleep, one by Evilution, and one by Plutonia - you'll probably be able to tell which is which :).

Fun fact: Virgil the Doom Poet submitted a heavily modified version of this level for Plutonia 2 MAP06, but it didn't make it into the finished project (the MAP06 in the finished project does bear some similarities layout-wise, but that may just be co-incidence). I plan to add in some of Virgil's changes at some point.

I've included the one new texture (A-MOSROK from Plutonia) and three new flats (FLOOR01 and FMETAL2 from Requiem, and NFWOOD05 by myself) used by the map.

Some notes:

- It's my intention to have more parts of the level lead into the watery pit at the beginning.

- There are plenty of dead ends for people to expand upon.

- It's currently impossible to escape from the area where you grab the red key.

- There are 2 red key doors (one from the original part of MAP09, and one from my contribution), both with nothing behind them. I deliberately placed the connection between the two levels so they can easily be connected with a new area.

I'm going to see what other unused bits'n'pieces I can contribute to this project - probably a fair bit!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4g1w8s7ymtn6jpe/NEGATIVEONE_v0.76.zip/file

Edited by NiGHTMARE

What happens if two people take the same version and publish their separate updates? Will the project branch off?

11 minutes ago, printz said:

What happens if two people take the same version and publish their separate updates? Will the project branch off?

I think we're merging them as best we can. It's already happened a few times.

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I've made a substantial update to MAP09, by pasting in an old unfished map of mine. (Don't worry, the original part of MAP09 is still there!)

7jUoK6e.png

iHgeRtQ.png

3WzedbH.png

The map is quite suitable for this project, as it's a mash up of three even older levels: one inspired by the work of Dr. Sleep, one by Evilution, and one by Plutonia - you'll probably be able to tell which is which :).

Fun fact: Virgil the Doom Poet submitted a heavily modified version of this level for Plutonia 2 MAP06, but it didn't make it into the finished project (the MAP06 in the finished project does bear some similarities layout-wise, but that may just be co-incidence). I plan to add in some of Virgil's changes at some point.

I've included the one new texture (A-MOSROK from Plutonia) and three new flats (FLOOR01 and FMETAL2 from Requiem, and NFWOOD05 by myself) used by the map.

Some notes:

- It's my intention to have more parts of the level lead into the watery pit at the beginning.

- There are plenty of dead ends for people to expand upon.

- It's currently impossible to escape from the area where you grab the red key.

- There are 2 red key doors (one from the original part of MAP09, and one from my contribution), both with nothing behind them. I deliberately placed the connection between the two levels so they can easily be connected with a new area.

I'm going to see what other unused bits'n'pieces I can contribute to this project - probably a fair bit!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4g1w8s7ymtn6jpe/NEGATIVEONE_v0.76.zip/file

I couldn't find your update. I think you uploaded the old version (0.75) of MAP09.

You're right, I renamed the 0.75 zip file and added the 0.76 wad to it, but then accidentally removed 0.76 from it when I meant to remove 0.75. Now fixed :)

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Working on MAP02 now. Will update within an hour.

If you can, wait 5-10 min becasuse i ending my edit please

I noticed NiGHTMARE's contribution (MAP09, version 0.76) got lost in the last two updates. I suggest he/she uploads it again, merged with the current version...