Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Alright, here's a list of problems with v1.04.

-MAP24 breaks the game.

-A lot of maps are just weird and unplayable, along with repetitive.

-I don't know, some maps are impossible and others are not good looking.

Edited by AtticTelephone

So I did a bit of experimenting this evening...

Screenshot_Doom_20200725_000712.png.1e2a1339b76ac5d2f47ab49cb6d191f5.png

Thought it would be cool to have a map where you are in Doom Builder and have to fight your way out or something, but I think it's a bit too gimmicky for this project. Might do something like this for a secret area though.

26 minutes ago, Surreily said:

Thought it would be cool to have a map where you are in Doom Builder and have to fight your way out or something, but I think it's a bit too gimmicky for this project. Might do something like this for a secret area though.

That actually sounds good! Do it, i agree with it being a secret

33 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

-MAP24 breaks the game.

Ok, i actually knew my map had something horrible that would break the wad, oops

28 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

-MAP24 breaks the game.

-A lot of maps are just weird and unplayable, along with repetitive.

-I don't know, some maps are impossible and others are not good looking.

Those weird and unplayable maps will be transformed into gorgeous rip-and-tear slaying grounds within a couple of weeks. This is still some seriously impressive progress so far. Can't wait to see this turned into a freaking awesome megawad that doomers will play for years, and perhaps reminisce every now and then to this thread for old time's sake.

Just now, Rosh Fragger said:

Those weird and unplayable maps will be transformed into gorgeous rip-and-tear slaying grounds within a couple of weeks. This is still some seriously impressive progress so far. Can't wait to see this turned into a freaking awesome megawad that doomers will play for years, and perhaps reminisce every now and then to this thread for old time's sake.

That sounds so good! Even if my name sounds from now and then as "That horrible person that made that short ugly and nonsensical map wich the vanilla version was better", that would be great!

Well, every wad makes history, even if it's small

2 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Holy frick, I can't believe I'm part of this

Also, what do we do after we finish all the maps? We're pretty far from September 21st, and at this rate we'll probably finish at the first days of August, so what do we do in all that time? Will the wad relase early?

Just now, TheStupidestBeing said:

Also, what do we do after we finish all the maps? We're pretty far from September 21st, and at this rate we'll probably finish at the first days of August, so what do we do in all that time? Will the wad relase early?

We can still add fixes, but when the wad is in a perfect state for ripping and tearing, then I'll just release it early.

I mean- there's always things you can improve

Also, just a small idea to anyone whose working on the next version:

idk if it's just me, but the pistol sounds like those revolvers from the wild west, maybe change the pistol sprites to a revolver?

3 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Doom Negative Two perhaps? :P 

NEGATIVETWO_v0.01.zip

I noticed a strange problem with the latest version (1.04). Monsters of the same kind are now infighting. Cacodemons are killing each other, imps are killing each other; it kinda breaks the game as groups of enemies are no longer a threat.

1 minute ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Doom Negative Two perhaps? :P 

NEGATIVETWO_v0.01.zip

Yep, I'll do that, but we can shorten the file name to MINUS2.

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I noticed a strange problem with the latest version (1.04). Monsters of the same kind are now infighting. Cacodemons are killing each other, imps are killing each other; it kinda breaks the game as groups of enemies are no longer a threat.

Whacked 4 has a box that says "Monsters infight each other", maybe someone ticked it

image.png.1e2ea8fac6bde782255fc80ef9691c00.png

This sector is broken... guys please be careful when drawing around or through existing geometry and/or using auto-complete. Doom builder won't always know what you meant! (I am fixing dun worry)

41 minutes ago, Surreily said:

I love this idea and I think it should be an entire secret level (map 32 perhaps?). This project is all about random people working together on random maps. Nothing illustrates that better than a map that looks like it is a work in progress. In fact the map should be called "Work in Progress" (LOL)

Just saying, this part of Map02 looks a bit weirdScreenshot_Doom_20200724_213026.png.ceb35567f16d0082afc13faa339bcd27.png

ye... this is my fault! i should work on that...

5 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

ok! i will edit that MAP02 part to look and play better...

There's no way you can do that, i just pointed out really small texture misplacements, but saying it can be better, no way, i enjoyed it and it's my favorite map ("I was there for 16 minutes, i wanted it to end, but the music was nice" i remember hearing that song last weekend, it was great)

As said by the cat in the hat "You're not just wrong, you're stupid", well, excluding the stupid part

Message for the guy that added the music to Map08:

Thank you, thank you, thank you a lot, you're a hero, a champion, a saviour, a god, a interdimensional being, a vessel of the 4th dimension.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Half-Life. Without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the lore will go over a typical player's head.

Edited by TheStupidestBeing : Added a modified Rick and Morty copypasta for comedical purposes

@TheStupidestBeing you don't have to multi-post, just edit your original one. it can be distracting. 

Also, Attic, the WAD has only been a project for a week. Give it time and it'll grow into an amazing creation that is destined to win a Cacoward. I can't play, since I don't play WADs, but from screenshots, there are really nice sections and areas that look like official DOOM maps, so by Autumn (at least where I'm located), this will all be the amazing WAD you were looking for.

as for MINUS2, I would give it some time after the first release. many sequel WADs release months or years after the original project released, so you don't have to jump towards a following immediately. Also, this could allow for possibly another cacoward for another year, if your interested.

Also, I have a question. Are there custom demons, weapons, or features in here? not really a reason why I ask, just a question I was wondering about.

I can't wait until it is done, so I can see a whole playthrough of it on Youtube or something! it's amazing what the community has accomplished so far, and it makes you wonder what will be accomplished by the end of september! best of luck to all of you!!!

7 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Also, I have a question. Are there custom demons, weapons, or features in here? not really a reason why I ask, just a question I was wondering about.

Some demons like the Pain Elemental have changed sprites, the Lost Soulds are like those monsters from the last episode from Quake, some textures are also changed, sounds, and nothing else