Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Just now, PinkFlamingo said:

Oh! Sorry. I did not see your latest update.

Yes, it has to be merged then. I have added my changes to version 2.35

I will merge them don't worry

I made this STBAR_XX [Widescreen Hud] when i was bored:

STBAR-XX.png.4c0196e9456fd1a8a9cb4274fd533d48.png

Edited by HitBoi64

• New armor sprites. The blue armor is based on the new chaingunners.
  • I also added in HitBoi64's new status bar. It looks good in GZDoom (not sure if it is compatible with other ports)
  • Minor changes to the uzi's muzzle flash timings
  • New strings for the armor.
Spoiler

wO71sRi.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ktnpgmbbv5dktpa/NEGATIVEONE_v2.37.wad.zip/file

Edit: reserving map18

Edited by Captain Toenail

Regarding the discussion on the last page, my opinion if that if you change 90% of the game's sprites but leave the other 10% untouched, it just seems weird and even make the project feel unfinished.

As a few people have been complaining about the file size, how about splitting the project into two wads? The first would have the levels, textures, and flats, and the other would have everything else.

Anyway, I've expanded my enemy revamping project:

RvDzuig.png

From left to right - 

Shadowborg Trooper. A hybrid of MagicWizard's Shadow Trooper, and Neoworm's Nailborg Trooper. Below are the two enemies it's based on, and a variant with light grey armour. I personally prefer the brown, as the all-grey one seems too bland to me.

ZSpecOps. Original by Ghastly_dragon. I've added blood to its hands and fixed its arm band.

Uber Double Chaingunner. A hybrid of HorrorMovieGuy's UberChaingunner and Amuscaria's Double Chaingunner, adding the second chaingun, bloody upper legs, and boots from the latter to the former.

Vulgar Imp. Although still ultimately based on Amuscaria's Vulgar it's now a recolour of Dreadopp's Agaures, which has an improved attack sequence. This one is already complete.

Dire Revenant. A hybrid of Amuscaria's Draugr, 00_Zombie_00's Melee Revenant, and the OG Revenant. I may not finish this, as it's quite a lot of work (but I hope to, as I think it looks cool :)).

Aracknight. As this is still using the OG Arachnotron plasmaball in -1, I've simply recoloured its firing frame to green. Another one already complete.

D3 Mancubus. Original from Revenge of Evil, not sure who did the recolouring? Fixing some colouring issues, mainly on the guns, tubes, and toenails.

Diabolist. Mainly just a recolour, though I've also added blood added back to its death frames. This one is also already complete.

EDIT: Something else I've been toying around with is adding the Hell Warrior's shield to the Satyr. There's not much for it -1 since there's no "Block" codepointer, but if we go ahead with a GZDoom-based sequel I'll try to get him finished.

rEEkXms.png

EDIT 2: A couple of alternative Revenant concepts, based on the Doom RPG Ghoul by DBJ87.

eMYWWXM.png

EDIT 3: An alternative Mancubus concept, based on Amuscaria's Corpulent.

FKvr5Cm.png

EDIT 4: Final one for the day. Adding the hands from Amuscaria's Hellion to the orange Diabolist.

Rldmisx.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

44 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Regarding the discussion on the last page, my opinion if that if you change 90% of the game's sprites but leave the other 10% untouched, it just seems weird and even make the project feel unfinished.

As a few people have been complaining about the file size, how about splitting the project into two wads? The first would have the levels, textures, and flats, and the other would have everything else.

RvDzuig.png

From left to right - 

Shadowborg Trooper. A hybrid of MagicWizard's Shadow Trooper, and Neoworm's Nailborg Trooper. Below are the two enemies it's based on, and a variant with light grey armour. I personally prefer the brown, as the all-grey one seems too bland to me.

ZSpecOps. Original by Ghastly_dragon. I've added blood to its hands and fixed its arm band.

Uber Double Chaingunner. A hybrid of HorrorMovieGuy's UberChaingunner and Amuscaria's Double Chaingunner, adding the second chaingun, bloody upper legs, and boots from the latter to the former.

Vulgar Imp. Although still ultimately based on Amuscaria's Vulgar it's now a recolour of Dreadopp's Agaures, which has an improved attack sequence. This one is already complete.

Dire Revenant. A hybrid of Amuscaria's Draugr, 00_Zombie_00's Melee Revenant, and the OG Revenant. I may not finish this, as it's quite a lot of work (but I hope to, as I think it looks cool :)).

Aracknight. As this is still using the OG Arachnotron plasmaball in -1, I've simply recoloured its firing frame to green. Another one already complete.

D3 Mancubus. Original from Revenge of Evil, not sure who did the recolouring? Fixing some colouring issues, mainly on the guns, tubes, and toenails.

Diabolist. Mainly just a recolour, though I've also added blood added back to its death frames. This one is also already complete.

when you do these can you edit the dehacked for A) some new names and B) make chaingunner drop ammo boxes

51 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

RvDzuig.png

Will we be able to add all of these monster variants as separate monsters? That would be super cool!

In regards to this project, these are all intended as direct replacers. However, I had the idea a while ago of doing a Borderlands and Fallout 4-esque Badass/Legendary creatures mod (if you're not familiar with either game, they're randomly spawning tougher versions of normal enemies) and these would all be perfect candidates.

12 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

In regards to this project, these are all intended as direct replacers. However, I had the idea a while ago of doing a Borderlands and Fallout 4-esque Badass/Legendary creatures mod (if you're not familiar with either game, they're randomly spawning tougher versions of normal enemies) and these would all be perfect candidates.

That will give this wad a whole another level of awesomeness! 

2 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

RvDzuig.png

I like all of these sprites. They are awesome!

EDIT: One thing I've noticed though. The Cacodemon replacement sometimes has its head disappearing into the ceiling. Can't remember this happening in regular Doom (with regular Cacos). Could it be that the replacement sprites are a bit taller but the hitbox is still the old size?

8 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

EDIT: One thing I've noticed though. The Cacodemon replacement sometimes has its head disappearing into the ceiling. Can't remember this happening in regular Doom (with regular Cacos). Could it be that the replacement sprites are a bit taller but the hitbox is still the old size?

I'm not really a fan of that Caco anyway. The sprites are cartoony and the death animation is really rough. Might be worth finding another? There's plenty of Caco edits out there.

custom content is cool but we don't need to make iwad levels of custom files.

9 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

listen, you cant just ask people not to change things on a social experiment made for people to change things. I can assure you if you revert the sprites they will be changed right back. people are going to change the sprites and you cant stop that

Edited by dragon's influence

Spoiler
2 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

RvDzuig.png

From left to right - 

EDIT: Something else I've been toying around with is adding the Hell Warrior's shield to the Satyr. There's not much for it -1 since there's no "Block" codepointer, but if we go ahead with a GZDoom-based sequel I'll try to get him finished.

rEEkXms.png

EDIT 2: A couple of alternative Revenant concepts, based on the Doom RPG Ghoul by DBJ87.

eMYWWXM.png

EDIT 3: An alternative Mancubus concept, based on Amuscaria's Corpulent.

FKvr5Cm.png

EDIT 4: Final one for the day. Adding the hands from Amuscaria's Hellion to the orange Diabolist.

Rldmisx.png

this ones are really cool re-sprites! i loved the doom rpg reference! ^.=.^

1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

I'm not really a fan of that Caco anyway. The sprites are cartoony and the death animation is really rough. Might be worth finding another? There's plenty of Caco edits out there.

I was going to play around with the Caco anyway, as it's unmodified from Amuscaria's original monster. My first idea is to increase its contrast and precious it closer to the OG Caco. Another is to replace it with a resized Overlord.

Cool. I was also going to suggest replacing the SpiderMastermind/Baphomet with a zombie tank instead.

The main problem the SpiderMastermind has is it's large hitbox. It makes it extremely vulnerable and unwieldy. The zombie tank woulod be smaller but still armed with the superchaingun attack. You can also make it play tank noises using the SpiderMastermind walking sound action. It will also be cool for the urban levels.

I am done with Map18 for now. I have added an office building to the northwest corner, and extended the playing area to the south. Note I have also replaced the red marble column prop with an office chair. If you want to place chairs in your level, it's the 'small red marble column' Thing.

I also swapped out the widescreen statbar with the original because it was causing glitches.

Edit: merging in RoshFragger's map15 one sec

9 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

listen, you cant just ask people not to change things on a social experiment made for people to change things.

Sure you can, welcome to anarchy. If you guys want to, you could get into an infinite loop of changing and then reverting stuff because you disagree. That is, until enough people decide to shut someone out by refusing to download their changes.

Criticism is needed if this monster is going to turn out any good. I like the arch-vile sprites myself but I appreciate people putting in their 2 cents. Without that, there's pretty much no safeguard against a result that is total crap.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Cool. I was also going to suggest replacing the SpiderMastermind/Baphomet with a zombie tank instead.

The main problem the SpiderMastermind has is it's large hitbox. It makes it extremely vulnerable and unwieldy. The zombie tank woulod be smaller but still armed with the superchaingun attack. You can also make it play tank noises using the SpiderMastermind walking sound action. It will also be cool for the urban levels.

I am done with Map18 for now. I have added an office building to the northwest corner, and extended the playing area to the south. Note I have also replaced the red marble column prop with an office chair. If you want to place chairs in your level, it's the 'small red marble column' Thing.

I also swapped out the widescreen statbar with the original because it was causing glitches.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7f7uwyztcr9sf8z/NEGATIVEONE_v2.38.wad.zip/file

Can you merge MAP15 from my version of v2.38 above into your version please? 

Im now working on dehacked with alot creative ideas (Pistol reload [Replaces Refire], More enchanced Monsters, Etc) (:

2 hours ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Edit: I'm getting this status bar color bug in the latest version v2.37

Coop-20200808-215626.png?width=960&height=540

It only works on Opengl, I tested it in 8-Bit and it displayed ugly brick borders.

19 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

I'm not a big fan either, but the final boss is one of the things @AtticTelephone is insistent on keeping. I would think that reducing the size of its hitbox would be acceptable, though.

This Wad is very buggy, What Complevel does it use?

Also, I edited the Super-Shotgun, I used the Unused2 on the Fire states to make it look more visually empressive.

Tbh, This Wad doesn't have a specific time to upgrade.

I randomly get a youfailit massage on every Source port )':

Update:

Tweaked Gameplay 

Tweaked Map03

Screenshot_Doom_20200809_032840.png.9546a3af64543599f65038fbad52859f.png

NEGATIVEONE_v2.42.zip

important:

Doesn't have @Captain Toenail's (Upgraded Map15) Sorry for that.

Uses Unused Pistol Sprites as Extra ones (Just a regular Pistol with Red Gloves)

Plasma Rifle does not work with beta Doom 2

Spoiler

I found out that there's a decoration, That looks buggy (Can somebody fix this?)

Screenshot_Doom_20200809_032929.png.53a5e8e3937b2610bf51d7abedaa7239.png

Edit: I found another Decoration error in the same room ):

Edit2: Now this is a Dev build (Some sort of) Although It's very broken.

Edited by HitBoi64

5 hours ago, HitBoi64 said:

This Wad is very buggy, What Complevel does it use?

You have to use the UMAPINFO fork of PRBoom. As long as you have that, Complevel 9 or above should be fine, I think.

You can also use recent versions of Doom Retro, Eternity, GZDoom, and (I believe) Woof! Basically anything that includes DEHEXTRA and is Boom compatible.

Mainly so I don't forget anything, the next version I upload will include the following:

- Visual tweaks to MAP01 (including the improved exit cavern I meant to do ages ago)

- New intro to MAP12 which connects it to earlier levels thematically

- Improvements to a certain corridor in MAP20 (the one with doors you currently can't fit under ;))

- Further changes to MAP25 (including BTSXing the automap)

- Improved Imp/Super Imp graphics

- Green Aracknight firing sequence

- New Arch-Vile graphics, and colour adjustments of the existing AV flames

(If anyone else wants to edit any of the four levels mentioned above, I'll just copy'n'paste in my changes.)

My plans afterwards:

- Visual tweaks to MAP02 and MAP03

- Improve the arena room in MAP05

- Possibly merge a couple more unfinished levels with MAP06,

- Turn the inside area of MAP13 into hotel, with the existing rooms becoming a pool, locker room, etc. The existing corridor will be moved to become the basement

- Add sewer pipes, collapsed tunnels, basements, etc. to the mid-game cavern maps

- Add Hunted-esque start room and teleporting Arch-Viles to MAP25, and make it slightly more maze-like (and also give it the correct name, "Fire Stalk With Me")

- Improve or replace the current Cacodemon

- Recolour the Pain Elemental/Infernal graphics, so it's distinct from the original custom monster

- Finish the Shadowborg, improved ZSpecOps, and Uber Double Chaingunner sprites

- Try adding a fireball to the Baron/Hierophant's hands

That lot may well take me up to the project deadline :)

Edited by NiGHTMARE