Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Finally had a chance to check and the new version of MAP18 is included in current versions, but I forgot to delete the old version.

I can remove it later, or if someone else wants to do so the one that needs to be removed is the FIRST MAP18 in the wad.

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to reserve MAP18 again for a bit. I'm going to do a bit of work in the park and the office.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Map 02 update

- Replaced the Pinky Demon corridor, south of the crate room with a more interesting room.

- Changed some things here and there, adding some design elements from map 03.

- Added a teleporter that brings you back to the start area, right next to the exit (in case you missed a secret or want to pick up some extra ammo).

- Added a new trap. Right after you pick up the yellow key, bars raise in front of the path to the yellow key door. You must now flip a switch inside the Revenant closet to lower them again. This means you must confront the Revenants and can no longer run for the exit straight away.

- Changed monster/ammo/health placement.

These are the most important changes:

Arachnotrons are replaced with Mancubi (we can introduce the spiders in later maps)

Barons are now strictly boss monsters, replacing the Cyberdemon on easy and medium difficulty.

On hard difficulty you still fight the Cyberdemon as before.

Barons have been replaced by Hell Knights in other areas.

Some Hell Knights and Archviles have been replaced by Revenants.

Throughout the map you will encounter one Archvile on easy, two on medium, and three on hard.

Added a Berserk in the crate room.

I've playtested the map several times on each difficulty. I think it plays well and appropriately difficult for a map 02. What do you think?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yg7i99rad7eq958/NEGATIVEONE_v3.24.rar/file

Screenshot of the new room:

MAP02-newarea.png.a2d45f545ec7bad20171836585a843a8.png

was the screenshot from an earlier version? because it does not have the new stbar changes.

all I changed was changing the cell ammo to cult ammo as that's what were doing with cells now, and made the outline on the numbers light blue instead of white

1 hour ago, KILLA DIO said:

was the screenshot from an earlier version? because it does not have the new stbar changes.

The screenshot is from an earlier version. It says "cult" in the latest version.

Spoiler

fWU9vCE.png

Messing about with projectile graphics for the new Hell BFG. The skull explosion is from Powerslave. We could maybe swap the staff and the laser around, it might make more sense.

6 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

Dragon - have you seen the Chaos Wyvern on this page?

https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/heretic-hexen-style-mainmenu-137-49102

I don't know what Attic's stance was on changing the PainElemental - it might be one of the things he wanted to keep.

I think the Dragon idea is pretty cool as a miniboss-tier enemy like the Baron. You might have trouble getting the flying animation with the frames available, DeHAcked is quite restrictive.

yes! i seen it when i was searching dragons sprites... i didn't wanted to use hexen's sprites because NiGHTMARE's copyright rules, but i didn't find nothing... well other then the "chaos wyvern"!

i maybe will use the "chaos wyvern" but if i use it... that face has to go... "here we go again!" when you start seeing too many dragons you start to reject the wrong ones, this one look's like a "bokoblin" with a dragon body! it works if he is monster... and it is! but... narh... >.=.<" but aside for the head the sprite looks good!

10 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Does anyone here have a png file of the Negative One title? Just asking, because I’m making a Team using the forgotten Teams feature.

LGOHIRES.png.64a1cc4d93b090f864b2d006c9afba9c.png

here! in the wad itself! ^.=.^

It’s currently unapproved, which means it’s private, so I guess someone needs to remind one of the mods that the function still exists.

3.25!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fdj0okdwwfk12rw/NEGATIVEONE_v3.25b.rar/file

MAP18:

- Added a gazebo to the park (thank you Iikka Keränen). I'll add some steps and possibly a bit more detail to it later

- Added cubicle dividers (thank you Cage), filing cabinets, etc to the office

- Added a TV and speakers to one of the apartments

I've also added several new textures. Most of these are ones I have (or plan to) use myself, but I've added in some others that might be useful in general - in particular there are some new painting textures (BRK1PCx and PANPICx) that could work well in MAP21.

BTW for some reason this version is almost half a meg smaller than 3.24, I've no idea why as I'm sure I didn't remove anything...

EDIT: Please re-download from the link above - I forgot to remove an extra player 1 start, and also made a few more minor changes in the park.

Screenshots:

c53GjOo.png

lA5pJLv.png

jNMM2hh.png

ikRrEPN.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

19 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

BTW for some reason this version is almost half a meg smaller than 3.24, I've no idea why as I'm sure I didn't remove anything

it might have been a rounding issue. the file might be larger, but this time it rounded down rather than up.

EDIT: Apologies iconofeggsafe666, I uploaded this before I saw your post.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n3c4vyjb4jv4hvz/NEGATIVEONE_v3.26.rar/file

MAP18:

- Made a few more tweaks around the starting area

- Added steps to the gazebo

- Extended the fence underneath the trees and added a third tree

- Added windows to the building by the park

- Added a hole in the wall between the two floors in the office (intended to reduce backtracking slightly)

- Changed the sides and backs of the desks to use a slightly different texture (added in 3.25), which matches the front

MAP19:

- Added some "blended flats" to the paths near the wheat field

- Added a few minor details in the first room of the garage

- Fixed a few texture misalignments around these areas

Also added three new flats, A1M8_2A to A1M8_2C (the aforementioned "blended flats")

Screenshots:

0wlgf2e.png

SHZdTI5.png

V6JKuO8.png
OK8kiYk.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

image.png.e3b01a6a091f5d2d0982efa5440233dd.pngForgive me everyone, for i have fucked up. I won't be releasing the version with this broken crap, if someone could make a shrine for me and do it right, that would be nice.

1 minute ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

image.png.e3b01a6a091f5d2d0982efa5440233dd.pngForgive me everyone, for i have fucked up. I won't be releasing the version with this broken crap, if someone could make a shrine for me and do it right, that would be nice.

bruh just change the texture alignment (also remove the weapons from it as you copy and pasted over mine and I had those weapons as those are the weapons I contributed towards)

1 minute ago, KILLA DIO said:

bruh just change the texture alignment (also remove the weapons from it as you copy and pasted over mine and I had those weapons as those are the weapons I contributed towards)

No, i didn't do that.
look in the background, pal

http://www.mediafire.com/file/265bikdpycbt65c/NEGATIVEONE_v3.28.rar/file

EDIT: Hotfix for MAP18: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c95fcer8z5xt0z/-1+18.wad/file

MAP18:

- Spruced up the boss' office

- Reduced the width of the apartment sofa

- A couple of other minor tweaks here and there

Gq5I7Dg.png
NEW8Xru.png

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to remove the new player 1 start again - please download the hotfix above (which also includes a slightly improved desk).

The urban MAP12 intro is on hold for the moment, but I'm going to start work on turning the MAP13 building into a hotel later on today.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

1 hour ago, CBM said:

then I will just have to check it out in doombuilder LOL

anyone who capitalises lol is 100% a murderer