Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

6 hours ago, URROVA said:

Released 3.96: Another mini actualization.

This time i dont mapped levels, but I put the names of the levels for the intermission screens (the graphics CWILV00-CWILV31) because it already bothered me a bit to finish MAP01 and have it say "Entryway".

https://mega.nz/file/ySxSjABD#AECol-XMDM36IM0ATE5OZYGaJzLepe62RAg-ZphxAWs

Captura.PNG.8d2f0cf81485dfc36deeff7fdebce7fb.PNG

Not tryna sound rude here, but:

If Map01 is still like the Map01 i played, then it's nice, Cyber Showdown, refering to the computery stuff in the level, but when i read it first, i thought of Cyberdemon's, then about that map with 2 cyberdemons at the end (i don't recall which), so, just adding my commentary on this, maybe a more specific name that still includes a computer pun?

47 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

If Map01 is still like the Map01 i played, then it's nice, Cyber Showdown, refering to the computery stuff in the level, but when i read it first, i thought of Cyberdemon's, then about that map with 2 cyberdemons at the end (i don't recall which), so, just adding my commentary on this, maybe a more specific name that still includes a computer pun?

Actually, I think it relates to MAP05.

anyone merged my map 16 changes in to the newest version yet?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16NOGwAErrFmDrZtl2IM38sbPSyDWqIT8/view?usp=sharing

MAP22

- Added additional detail to the second room, the three staircases connected to it, the wood and metal room with the crates, as well as a few odd bits here and there

- Changed the blood to lava in the outdoors area leading to the exit

- Moved the teleport exit from the starting room to the second room (it's a little less annoying now...)

10 hours ago, dragon's influence said:

Map07 always breaks for me! we should redesign that level...

no redesign is necessary, we just need to make sure the tricks behind the crushed arachnotrons and mancubi works. as of now- they don't. as the designer of that gimmick (the gimmick, not the pretty stuff and designs the map has, credit to that go to whoever designed it ofc), i'm gonna have to check it out.

Hi Elio just a heads up. AFAIK there's a missing yellow skull key in map07, and I think the blue skull step is supposed to be higher. Not sure what the switch in the Archvile room does. I didn't touch those areas when mapping incase something broke. At the moment I don't think it can be completed.

11 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

Hi Elio just a heads up. AFAIK there's a missing yellow skull key in map07, and I think the blue skull step is supposed to be higher. Not sure what the switch in the Archvile room does. I didn't touch those areas when mapping incase something broke. At the moment I don't think it can be completed.

I know, I've tried the map out, I'm going to have to reserve it later, so I can make it beatable. The blue skull step is supposed to raise once more, but if the RNG is by your side, which has a very small probability. It is indeed unbeatable right now, but I'll fix it. 

10 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

the name of MAP01 is machine of metal and blood, cyber showdown is MAP05's name, the screenshot is only an example. And the names are the same that the DeHackEd-defined ones.

Edited by URROVA

Someone change MAP27's map name to "Spider's Web" or "The Spider's Web", please. Mount Hurt doesn't match the map's setting at all. It doesn't even have a mountain.

reserving MAP24 "Facility Four".

And im going to change the name of MAP27 too.

59 minutes ago, URROVA said:

reserving MAP24 "Facility Four".

And im going to change the name of MAP27 too.

just a heads up, it seems some of the heights need fixing in the naval part of map 24

naval-sos.png

1 hour ago, CBM said:

just a heads up, it seems some of the heights need fixing in the naval part of map 24

naval-sos.png

i see, but i believe that some of these are for more shorter ceilings...

Map 04 updated

- Improved geometry of the main hall.

- Added an outdoor area behind the windows. This is only to create more "realism" as you can now see the outer walls of the building you are in.

- The little stairs in the main hall are made in such a way that Cyberdemons can't easily use them but other enemies can. This is done on purpose to keep the Cyberdemons within a certain area of the map (and away from doors).

- Added some simple dummy sectors to suggest how some areas could be connected and/or expanded.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dk4ts1dkemzss2q/NEGATIVEONE_v4.03.rar/file

Map layout:

MAP04.jpg.ca3602ca40e0e6d5397634ee1846c234.jpg

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Reserving map18

Map18 edits complete.

• New Lava trenches on the roads ala Odyssey of Noises
  • New buildings to the north
  • Misc tweaks here and there
  • Fixed crate with missing texture near start
  • New background treeline texture courtesy of Reactor from ZDoom forums
  • Mixed new sound effects for the Mancubus, using Doom3 RoE Bruiser sounds as a base
  • Flipped the Mancubus attack sequence to catch out players ;^)

Spoiler

HTLjhbq.jpg

Hg4FuU0.jpg

Trying a new upload service, is this less spammy than Mediafire?

https://easyupload.io/nn0tuk

Edited by Captain Toenail

11 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

Reserving map18

Map18 edits complete.

• New Lava trenches on the roads ala Odyssey of Noises
  • New buildings to the north
  • Misc tweaks here and there
  • Fixed crate with missing texture near start
  • New background treeline texture courtesy of Reactor from ZDoom forums
  • Mixed new sound effects for the Mancubus, using Doom3 RoE Bruiser sounds as a base
  • Flipped the Mancubus attack sequence to catch out players ;^)

Hide contents

HTLjhbq.jpg

Hg4FuU0.jpg

Trying a new upload service, is this less spammy than Mediafire?

https://easyupload.io/nn0tuk

I'd still recommend dropbox, but easyupload is ALOT better than mediafire, no doubts there

ooookay..... reserving map 22 once again... found more places that needed lighting fixes

...and I want to ensure the map can be completed

MASSIVE UPDATE to map 22.... missed quite a few details... but now.... now the map is near perfection :-D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bvezyi2ofwu6mi/NEGATIVEONE_v4.07.rar?dl=0

what I planned to be just small fixes... ended up being a 5 hour detailing session on map 22

...did not have time to add lighting effects to all light sources so ended up removing quite a few and detailing the rest

Reserving Map 04 again

EDIT: Does someone know a good texture to use as a shootable switch? A bulls eye perhaps?

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Release 4.07:  MAP24 changes:

I detailed the room at the beginning a bit, so that it is not just a gray block, and I put a secret there.
Detail a little the part with lava, I put deep lava with Transfer_Heights, with an orange colormap for the part below the lava.
Then, I did not understand very well what the one who made the map wanted to do, it was very strange what he did, so In the part after the part of the lava I began to invent the map a bit, connecting the rooms that were by means of portals, and gave it a way out.
The truth is that it was very strange what they did in that part of the map, they had switch linedefs in teleporters, and they didn't do anything in the game itself so I invented. Hope you like the changes I made to MAP24

https://mega.nz/file/OOYUEIoI#mZaYoeXfETF9SgaQUxRtbmJXv5Fdg7alVCypr2BSwyw

3 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Reserving Map 04 again

EDIT: Does someone know a good texture to use as a shootable switch? A bulls eye perhaps?

Here a broken switch, from spcial2b.wad

MYSW2S1.png.83f05b00b19713badea5d48b39b1b461.png