• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Release v4.64: MAP15 and MAP08 changes

MAP15:

• Detailing the wildwest town
  • A yellow keycard in the right house, with a teleporting demons trap.
  • Fixed the weird bad random number texture names.
  • Added the normal exit
  • Some misc changes

MAP08:

• new 3D bridge in the nukage part

Misc:

• Fixed textures for running in MSDOS BooM again.

link: https://mega.nz/file/vbhDlR5I#bL91Wmolps-o-6sX0CpUYt4tjsoJaPxCnJAa6IsN5Nk

Edited by URROVA

1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

Speaking of easter eggs, has anyone actually added a secret exit to map15?

The room to the left platform/ledge from the starting area with mancubi on it. The locked door on that ledge contains a cyber and the secret exit apparently. Someone should definitely move that secret exit from plain sight into some hidden location. The map has become quite big so there are many potential secret cave entrance sections for that secret exit to be hidden.

Feel free to edit those big cave areas to the South of the map. I'll definitely be working on that map and also on MAP18 in a few days... before deadline hopefully.

I think that we shouldnt add more parts to MAP15, becouse is a very big map, and we should improve the existing areas... A secret exit will be good to add, but no more normal areas. 

39 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Someone should definitely move that secret exit from plain sight into some hidden location.

It needs to be super secret. My suggestion - several secret switches hidden throughout the map. These should be distinctive in some way so it's obvious they have some secret function. Once they are all flicked the exit can be revealed in some obscure corner. This can be done with a voodoo doll.

36 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I think that we shouldnt add more parts to MAP15, becouse is a very big map, and we should improve the existing areas...

Yeah agreed. Now time to see what you've done to the town :-)

Here is v4.65

• Added my room to Map32 (careful it's booby-trapped ;-)
  • Cleaned up the SSG pickup sprite

https://easyupload.io/cf6k4o

Edited by Captain Toenail

1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

Speaking of easter eggs, has anyone actually added a secret exit to map15?

The same for MAP31. This map doesnt have a secret exit to MAP32, or at least one that i don't know, I once edited MAP31 and this map had no secret exit.

If it doesnt have a secret exit, i can make one :) i have some ideas for a secret exit of MAP31, including a hellish portal, FIREBLU textures and a weird colormap that i made becouse i was bored :v

2 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

Go for it. By the way love what you have done with the wildwest town. Super cool!

Thank you :)

13 minutes ago, URROVA said:

The same for MAP31. This map doesnt have a secret exit to MAP32, or at least one that i don't know, I once edited MAP31 and this map had no secret exit.

If it doesnt have a secret exit, i can make one :) i have some ideas for a secret exit of MAP31, including a hellish portal, FIREBLU textures and a weird colormap that i made becouse i was bored :v

Actually the only exit in MAP31 is the secret type that goes straight to MAP32 (Much like in Plutonia). Please, do not change that. Although please replace MAP31's current tune with the one from Vanilla Doom 2's MAP32.

Yeah, we're one month before the relase of the wad.

I'll TRY to add myself to Map32 in this weekend, i was actually thinking of changing my pfp since it looks crappy af.

Btw, since i was gone for a long time, can someone tell me the new changes in a nutshell? I'm also really curious about how my baby in the form of a map (Map24) looks like now

5 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

Thoughts on this pistol?

It will look weird because it is at angle whereas the rest of the weapons are not. Agreed on the glove however.

Just now, Captain Toenail said:

It will look weird because it is at angle whereas the rest of the weapons are not. Agreed on the glove however.

yeah, i knew it looked a bit weird, honestly it was more to draw attention to the current pistol so we can get new gloves for it

2 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

yeah, i knew it looked a bit weird, honestly it was more to draw attention to the current pistol so we can get new gloves for it

That's what you call a 200 IQ move  :D

v4.66

Map15 Changes:

• Regular exit now requires all six keys to access. All keycards and skull keys are now present in map.
  • More work to northwest compound.
  • New wooden door and fence textures added to wildwest town
  • Fixed teleporters at acid-ice zone
  • Switch revealed at acid-ice zone now opens progress blocking bars
  • New viewing area at start to surview the massive canyon (dam control room?)

https://easyupload.io/haio6n

MAP04 is literally unplayable. Also, are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites? You also are going to have to edit the sprites for the hellknight, since I made a rule about every sprite having to be somewhat original.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites?

i think Nightmare has plans for these.

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

MAP04 is literally unplayable. Also, are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites? You also are going to have to edit the sprites for the hellknight, since I made a rule about every sprite having to be somewhat original.

Nightmare edited the green fire onto its hands.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Nightmare edited the green fire onto its hands.

That's it? Wait, I remember he was going to add a shield by Frankenspriting another sprite.

51 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

That's it? Wait, I remember he was going to add a shield by Frankenspriting another sprite.

Why would we put a shield onto it if we don't even change it's behavior to actually have the shield make sense?

14 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Why would we put a shield onto it if we don't even change it's behavior to actually have the shield make sense?

There is a rule that every sprite must be original, it doesn't have to be a shield, just add something original to it.

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

I was intending to make that for a future -1 spin-off or sequel which requires MBF or Boom+ features, so that the BOUNCES DeHackEd flag can be used.

It would be pretty easy to add the green flame to the walking and pain frames if just having them on the attack frames isn't enough, but personally I prefer it the way it is.

As for the Revenant or Cyberdemon, I don't know whether I'll have the time to finish them before the deadline, especially as there's a fair bit of mapping work I'd still like to do.

I

BTW As well as the MAP04 issue, there's also a lift in MAP11 that only works in ZDoom-based ports because it doesn't have any tags.

Someone really needs to play through the whole project in in a non-ZDoom port like PRBoom or Doom Retro to make sure there are no other issues.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

v.4.69

Lots of work on Map19.

• New sequence at start to escape prison cells
  • New secret areas
  • Found a 'my house' type level on my other computer - I have added that to the north
  • Tidied up the red house a bit. Added glass windows.
  • New monsters and encounters.
  • Field of long grass is now a timed trap with teleporting demons
  • Switch in north house opens up path through forest
  • Blue skull key now required to exit level
  • Misc visual improvements

Map still needs a lot of work, especially with item placement. But it is getting there.

I have also made the Baron Ball orange. This was to match the flying dragon monster. I have also recoloured the Hellknight's hands to match.

Get it here:

https://easyupload.io/rk4mzk

Edit: reserving map20 now

Edit: Done with map20.

v.4.70

• Fixed and expanded on the saucer area of map20.
  • Added secrets, teleports and exit work again, etc.
  • Also wrote some intermission texts. Change them if you want.

Download:

https://easyupload.io/kibxmj

Edited by Captain Toenail