Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, IvanDobrovski said:

I think I liked it more when it was just one map. This seems too much of a clusterfuck to do anything on. I'd have really loved to see what kind of one big chunky map would have come out.

Having multiple maps have actually allowed players to work simultaneously on different levels. Just a single map could have created a lot more confusion and might have made overlapping issues quite a lot as well. But that's a good idea for a potential future social experiment - One giant, almost openworld kind of Doom map. 

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody touch dead lost soul i had a dumb idea (i dont think anyone had a reason to touch dead lost soul in the first place, though...)

Edit: Nevermind, i was going to create a clone of the baron projectile specificially just for the baron of hell to make his damage more serious (compared to the hell knights anyway), apparently I can only do that in extended dehacked

Edited by Obsidian Plague

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

Nobody touch dead lost soul i had a dumb idea (i dont think anyone had a reason to touch dead lost soul in the first place, though...)

Edit: Nevermind, i was going to create a clone of the baron projectile specificially just for the baron of hell to make his damage more serious (compared to the hell knights anyway), apparently I can only do that in extended dehacked

Well, speaking of DeHackEd, do you plan on making a second custom monster?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AtticTelephone said:

Well, speaking of DeHackEd, do you plan on making a second custom monster?

Not at the moment but I am working on modifying the SSG

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I'm just going to present a few ideas.

 

1: A custom demon inspired by Sabaoth and the Doom Hunter, made out of sprites from other monsters, including custom monsters.

 

2: Title screens and title demos.

 

3: A plot, maybe Baphomet is gonna resurrect IOS or something.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Well, I'm just going to present a few ideas.

 

1: A custom demon inspired by Sabaoth and the Doom Hunter, made out of sprites from other monsters, including custom monsters.

 

2: Title screens and title demos.

 

3: A plot, maybe Baphomet is gonna resurrect IOS or something.

These are good ideas, but I will be using Keen and the SS for MAP31 so don't replace these (I know that's kinda dumb considering these are the least used monsters but I'm making a Wolfenstein secret level. I'd maybe be able to let the WolfSS get replaced if needed, but I'd prefer him staying tbh)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Roebloz said:

These are good ideas, but I will be using Keen and the SS for MAP31 so don't replace these (I know that's kinda dumb considering these are the least used monsters but I'm making a Wolfenstein secret level. I'd maybe be able to let the WolfSS get replaced if needed, but I'd prefer him staying tbh)

Do you happen to be using any Lost Soul corpses?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AtticTelephone said:

Do you happen to be using any Lost Soul corpses?

I do not happen to be using any Lost Soul corpses.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Obsidian Plague said:

Speaking of lost souls, nobody touch lost souls i have an even dumber idea

Are you going to make the Lost Soul into the psychic hitscanning one from the beta and alpha versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AtticTelephone said:

Are you going to make the Lost Soul into the psychic hitscanning one from the beta and alpha versions?

Until baphomet gets updated, no, because that'd most definitely break his attack since it's based on charging lost souls

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

Until baphomet gets updated, no, because that'd most definitely break his attack since it's based on charging lost souls

Then what's the dumb idea?

Share this post


Link to post

v0.30 is here! I has added MAP31 (aka the secret level) and it is a recreation of E3L9 from Wolf3D, although with a few (lots) of twists. The level's only exit is a secret exit like in Plutonia's MAP31. As it is an accurate level geometry wise (Apart from the things added), I'd suggest not to do much geometry changes to keep it as faithful as possible.

NEGATIVEONE_V0.30.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Did you make any other changes or only add map 31?

 

2 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

v0.30 is here! I has added MAP31 (aka the secret level) and it is a recreation of E3L9 from Wolf3D, although with a few (lots) of twists. The level's only exit is a secret exit like in Plutonia's MAP31. As it is an accurate level geometry wise (Apart from the things added), I'd suggest not to do much geometry changes to keep it as faithful as possible.

NEGATIVEONE_V0.30.zip

 

Share this post


Link to post

We should check the compatibility of the wad, not sure if Baphomet works in very vanilla ports. It works in PRBoom+, but I'm not sure about the ZDoom family, multiplayer ports like Skulltag (some of the levels have extra spawns for co-op), Chocolate and Crispy, and or MBF-ports.

Share this post


Link to post

NEGATIVEONE_V0.31.zip

Here comes v0.31!

-Baphomet now has a proper alert sound

-Lost souls are now replaced with Wicked, which kamikaze you. (Note: sprites are made by MagicWazard, go credit them)

-Added some form of lore: you do not play as doomguy/doomslayer but rather his son. New player sprites and a stbar face have been added to show this. (Note: player sprites are by XXLFragger and the stbar face is from the freedoom project)

EDIT: Goddamn it

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Obsidian Plague said:

NEGATIVEONE_V0.31.zip

Here comes v0.31!

-Baphomet now has a proper alert sound

-Lost souls are now replaced with Wicked, which kamikaze you. (Note: sprites are made by MagicWazard, go credit them)

-Added some form of lore: you do not play as doomguy/doomslayer but rather his son. New player sprites and a stbar face has been added to show this. (Note: player sprites are by XXLFragger and the stbar face is from the freedoom project)

EDIT: Goddamn it

My changes were very simple so I'll just put them in again in version 0.032

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AtticTelephone said:

HEY WAIT MERGE BOTH OF THE V0.31 VERSIONS.

See

 

Just now, RiviTheWarlock said:

My changes were very simple so I'll just put them in again in version 0.032

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×