Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

2 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

tested again with the most recent, still doesn't work

tried using the umapinfo fork of glboom+ but after I shot a single shot, the game crashed

same problem... -.=.-"

- edited MAP03 alittle bit!

- the red key monster closet "the dragon door" is now only for a arch-vile and a revenant that teleports to the previous room!

- fixed alot of bugs in the map...

- i did't edit the yellow key room!

Spoiler
12 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I would like to reserve the outdoor area of MAP 03 for a while. I got this idea of making a large landscape, some kind of deep canyon perhaps, using the existing green pillars for a platforming section. It is going to take some more time to get the overall layout ready (but no longer than 24 hours).

If you like to edit MAP 03, you can do so, as long as you stay north from the current outdoor section. I can easily copy-paste my edit in the latest version as long as you don't change anything south of the crate room.

Here is (very) rough work in progress:

MAP03outdoor.png.adaa1a230911e0a43a03416b36ba5dbe.png

NEGATIVEONE_v2.53.zip

My attempts at making the Hades Elemental look less cartoony didn't really succeed, so I had an alternative idea - the Cacodemon recoloured to resemble the HE. This was done via colour remapping in Slade, so it's already complete :)

pEsGMpU.png

Also, here are the recoloured BIGBRIKs (the original two are on the bottom left for comparison):

wQxFBjJ.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Map 03 update

Copy-pasted an expanded yellow key area into Dragon's version. It seems to work fine.

This area is not yet completely finished but it is 100% functional.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ec5vv3kpuqghwu3/NEGATIVEONE_v2.54.rar/file

Also, here are the recoloured BIGBRIKs (the original two on the bottom left for comparison):

image.png.518d194815ebf4acf8ba0d3f3d2573ec.png

These are exactly what I had in mind. Thanks!

Edited by PinkFlamingo

I've just had a quick look at the DEHACKED lump in the latest version to see if I could find what could be causing some of the issues, but nothing really stood out. It probably needs someone more experienced :).

I did note that the Lost Soul/Wicked uses MBF's "Touchy" thing bit, which I'm not sure ZDaemon supports?

Eight frames use MBF codepointers ("BetaSkullAttack" and "PlaySound"), however these are all new frames (1200+) so shouldn't cause any additional ZDaemon issues even if it doesn't support them.

5 hours ago, Obsidian Plague said:

tested again with the most recent, still doesn't work

tried using the umapinfo fork of glboom+ but after I shot a single shot, the game crashed

The three new non-replacing enemies are fine for me in GZDoom, but the dead Quake Grunt doesn't appear. (Incidentally, for documentation purposes DEHEXTRA requires GZDoom 4.3.1 or newer.)

CM9Ttel.png

I know it's a very silly question, but in your map editor you are using the Thing IDs and not the Thing numbers, right? (For example, 3008 for the Quake Grunt rather than 151.)

13 hours ago, Obsidian Plague said:

thinking of maybe adding the other wolfenstein enemies, how do y'all feel about this idea

I was thinking along similar lines - perhaps the guard, officer, dog, and one or possibly two bosses (maybe Hans Grosse and General Fettgesicht - I wouldn't touch Hitler). Also, I highly recommend using the HQ Wolf 3D sprites which can be found here rather than the DOS originals :).

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Just for clarification, how many custom monsters do we have right now with unique Thing IDs? If someone could make a list of all the "new" Thing IDs (E.g. Quake Grunt, Turret, Any other monster variants etc)

There are only four unique TIDs at the moment (also worth noting that TID 23 which is normally the dead Lost Soul is now the Super Imp).

3008 - Quake Grunt

3009 - Dead Soldier (as noted above this doesn't appear to work, at least not in GZDoom)

3010 - Spy

5004 - Turret

Since most if not all ports which support DEHEXTRA also support UMAPINFO, if we limit the new TIDS to non-replacing levels (MAP33 for example) then other Boom compatible ports should be able to run the wad without any issues.

1.JPG

Getting this error when trying to load the wad in every version after v2.5 (which I myself posted earlier.) Version 2.51b (posted by Dragon's Influence) onward is giving me this crash error. Have tried running all versions after 2.51b and every single one crashes the game for me.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Thoughts on these? New pickup sprites for green armor and SSG.

eEyxl4Y.png

I prefer the current ones for all of them

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

1.JPG

Getting this error when trying to load the wad in every version after v2.5 (which I myself posted earlier.) Version 2.51b (posted by Dragon's Influence) onward is giving me this crash error. Have tried running all versions after 2.51b and every single one crashes the game for me.

Comparing v2.50 and v2.54, I noticed that the patch V_DRGINF is now a .png instead of in Doom graphic format. I've no idea when ZDoom added the ability to load .png patches, but ZDaemon may well predate this.

Here's a v2.55 which fixes this, and as a bonus also includes the new Cacodemon sprites, improved Imp/Super Imp sprites, and recoloured Arachnotron sprites. The level changes I was working on and new Arch-Vile sprites haven't yet been added (for some reason SLADE is refusing to use the \ symbol and keeps changing it to either _ or ^).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mpdjzm69md5klky/NEGATIVEONE_v2.55.rar/file

EDIT: I just noticed the new Caco has a few random pink pixels in certain frames, and the Imp has some grey pixels which don't translate. I'll fix these in my next upload :)

Edited by NiGHTMARE

5 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Here's a v2.55 which fixes this, and as a bonus also includes the new Cacodemon sprites, improved Imp/Super Imp sprites, and recoloured Arachnotron sprites. The level changes I was working on and new Arch-Vile sprites haven't yet been added (for some reason SLADE is refusing to use the \ symbol and keeps changing it to either _ or ^).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mpdjzm69md5klky/NEGATIVEONE_v2.55.rar/file

You rock!

Is this supposed to be boom compatible? Map01 crashed on me in prboom+. It shows the message "exiting on signal 11."

1 hour ago, Arbys550 said:

Is this supposed to be boom compatible? Map01 crashed on me in prboom+. It shows the message "exiting on signal 11."

No, it's Boom+ compatible. Boom+ is a new-ish cross-port standard comprising things like DEHEXTRA, UMAPINFO, and MBF compatibility. In terms of PRBoom+, you'll need the PRBoom+ UMAPINFO fork.

Maybe we need to do the following:

- Rename the existing MAP01 to something like MAP01B.

- Add a new MAP01 which has a wall with a big texture listing the compatible ports.

- Implement a UMAPINFO, so those using a compatible port go to the correct first level. (And possibly an old fashioned MAPINFO for ZDaemon.)

EDIT: Quick mock up of the texture (I'll add a note about ZDaemon somewhere too):

ZEN73vr.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

4 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I highly recommend using the HQ Wolf 3D sprites which can be found here rather than the DOS originals :).

imo if we're going to stay consistent with wolf3D being map31 we should probably also stay consistant with wolf3D sprites as well

Well, I was thinking that the HQ SS sprites could also be included. They look far superior to those found in Doom 2.

23 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Well, I was thinking that the HQ SS sprites could also be included. They look far superior to those found in Doom 2.

True, but considering the SS are smaller than in Wolf3D (Or is Doomguy taller than BJ? I'm not sure) they wouldn't look that great.

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

No, it's Boom+ compatible. Boom+ is a new-ish cross-port standard comprising things like DEHEXTRA, UMAPINFO, and MBF compatibility. In terms of PRBoom+, you'll need the PRBoom+ UMAPINFO fork.

Maybe we need to do the following:

- Rename the existing MAP01 to something like MAP01B.

- Add a new MAP01 which has a wall with a big texture listing the compatible ports.

- Implement a UMAPINFO, so those using a compatible port go to the correct first level. (And possibly an old fashioned MAPINFO for ZDaemon.)

EDIT: Quick mock up of the texture (I'll add a note about ZDaemon somewhere too):

ZEN73vr.png

there's also Russian Doom apparently if you want to add that to the list as well

edit: i was wrong

I don't think Russian Doom is Boom compatible, either :). Another port which may have DEHEXTRA support but not Boom compatibility is Doom BFA.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Can we give the SS Nazis a grungy zombified look? I really want to have some defending the beach on map28 ;-)

attic said no

9 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

Reserving map28.

Can we give the SS Nazis a grungy zombified look? I really want to have some defending the beach on map28 ;-)

There is enough Chaingunners I don't think we need the weaker ones. Although I wouldn't mind changing the SS to zombified ones I think I saw a good spriteset somewhere for Zombie WolfSS.

4 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I noticed that the patch V_DRGINF is now a .png instead of in Doom graphic format.

nahhhh!!! i hate then i forget these things... >.=.<"

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

No, it's Boom+ compatible. Boom+ is a new-ish cross-port standard comprising things like DEHEXTRA, UMAPINFO, and MBF compatibility. In terms of PRBoom+

ZEN73vr.png

sorry but prboom+ umapinfo fork don't work!