Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

9 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Map 01 update:

Added another "hell intrusion" and extra decoration in the pinky demon room. Now all rooms are 'done' I think.

Added difficulty settings. Less monsters on easy, more on hard. Needs some play testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nl3hkscpa0u51j4/NEGATIVEONE_v3.70.rar/file

Screenshots:

MAP1-pinkydemonroom.png.2a0a182b17e5a236ba84b79065c7526a.pngMAP1-intrusion2.png.0265968912574157b55c26c4011ac862.png

yikes, we need to merge... we both have a 3.70

1 minute ago, KILLA DIO said:

so Baphomet was removed from map22?

yes

he seemd way to powerfull for being present in map 22.. My guess is he is supposed to be a final boss monster

Just now, CBM said:

yes

he seemd way to powerfull for being present in map 22.. My guess is he is supposed to be a final boss monster

he is the final boss and he's only supposed to be in map30

1 minute ago, KILLA DIO said:

he is the final boss and he's only supposed to be in map30

ok. I did not place him in map 22... BUT... I will keep a lookout for him in other maps and remove him if it is not map 30

10 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Remove Megalovania from MAP28.

why? infact why should you get to tell us what to do, this is a community project.

reserving map 01, I have a few details I want to put in

3 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

why is Baphomet in map 22?

the original map had a spider mastermind

Ok not going to lie, the new Baron made me chuckle.

Going to reserve map16 for a while.

Edit: Done with map16 for now.

This map was very cramped and the textures were very gaudy and 90s looking.

What I have done is expand the entire map by 150%, raise all the ceilings by 64 units, and replace the textures with ones easier on the eye. Of course all the doors and alcoves are the wrong size now but these can be fixed in time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/snziihvqa41mj7p/NEGATIVEONE_v3.75.wad.7z/file

Edited by Captain Toenail

I was wondering if the Baphomet could be made a bit less OP for it to be used in some other maps as well. The wad is seriously lacking a boss in-between the Baron and Cyberdemon. Spider Mastermind was such a cool enemy that could have been well utilized in so many instances/places.

Edited by Rosh Fragger

32 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

What I have done is expand the entire map by 150%, raise all the ceilings by 64 units, and replace the textures with ones easier on the eye.

An extremely well needed change for this map, thankfully!

3 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

why? infact why should you get to tell us what to do, this is a community project.

It's actually supposed to be a social experiment. I had a rule saying that "dumb things", such as joke sound effects are banned, unless it's an easteregg.

Version 3.76: I was developing a little more the second part of MAP05, decorating and putting monsters. Since the level is called "Cybernetic Showdown", I started to put computers. I made the elevator work, now it has 2 switches with which it goes up and down. I put a secret with a berserk pack. I put clear glasses as BooM features can be used. And then that, hovering in the second part of MAP05, which was quite empty before, you couldn't even open the front door xDDD

Link:

https://mega.nz/file/aXZiyCaZ#uaRZB-s2F5sO26ynjnWZKJCIFpmnSM3wgxTuopaPfOs

It would be very good for this kind of collaborative mods, a kind of git but for WADs, since git does not have support for WADs, only for folders...

Claw-shaped crack? Was that the influence of a dragon? :P

1 hour ago, URROVA said:

It would be very good for this kind of collaborative mods, a kind of git but for WADs, since git does not have support for WADs, only for folders...

A WAD, in a way, is just a flat folder. Just make a script to convert a folder back to WAD or something. How difficult can it be?

2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Claw-shaped crack? Was that the influence of a dragon? :P

A WAD, in a way, is just a flat folder. Just make a script to convert a folder back to WAD or something. How difficult can it be?

more a case of inspiration from a dragon influence :D .... I decided that hell could also have dragons and that one of them could've popped by and scratched :D

nyaaaaa! im done, i added the dragons, the "hell dragons"... they shoot 4 times in a row, fly kinda funny "for now" and has hexen sound effects and recolored sprites... ^.=.^*

one problem! the "imp lord" transforms into a dragon and dies... i know what is happening but i don't know how to fix! >.=.<"

...i will merge the versions don't worry!

9 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

It's actually supposed to be a social experiment. I had a rule saying that "dumb things", such as joke sound effects are banned, unless it's an easteregg.

megalovania isn't just a funny meme song, it genuinely slaps

Why are there SO many stuck things again in MAP22? I removed all duplicated monsters just yesterday ... :/

Reserving MAP22 for a while.

I'm going to upload my changes later today, but in the meantime here's a couple of pics from MAP01 (thank you Captain Toenail for the plants :) ).

pQ3yCHg.png

zXR6XDd.png