Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Recommended Posts

Added some custom textures and flats (including animated waterfall and lavafall patches.)

Captu11re.JPG.dd6fbc63ede65fe1d76691bcdab4412e.JPG

 

NEGATIVEONE_V0.36.zip

 

Also, I have an idea for a new map (MAP12 perhaps, or any other available slot.) A map with lots of interconnected caves with lava flowing in them. MAP11 is the boss fight map so should I make MAP12 the base for that lava/cave map?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Added some custom textures and flats (including animated waterfall and lavafall patches.)

Captu11re.JPG.dd6fbc63ede65fe1d76691bcdab4412e.JPG

 

NEGATIVEONE_V0.36.zip

 

Also, I have an idea for a new map (MAP12 perhaps, or any other available slot.) A map with lots of interconnected caves with lava flowing in them. MAP11 is the boss fight map so should I make MAP12 the base for that lava/cave map?

Good idea

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've spent a couple of hours revamping MAP01.

 

adW8G6t.png

 

MHk1reE.png

 

H3HysrX.png

 

Changelog:

 

- Widened certain rooms and corridors

- Added additional detailing

- Changed instances of blood to nukage in the techbase area

- Replaced the BRONZEx with BROWN1 in the large outside area

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4b2x1x6rgn4qfay/NEGATIVEONE_V0.37b.zip/file

 

There are still a few things I'd like to add, so I'll probably come back to this (and other maps) at some point.

 

EDIT: whoops, I missed a few missing/incorrect textures, and added in a little bit more detailing while I was at it. Please re-download from the link above. 

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but MAP31 has a broken exit.

 

 

What do you mean? If you mean that the exit is broken because it goes to MAP32, that's intended.

Share this post


Link to post

obraz.png.190d03374f5259b58c00460f7a620a6f.png

obraz.png.6e7380f54ec147e6a066ca8ff852a978.png

 

 

Small update on Map 01 and 03

 

 

 

 

 

Map 01 - I changed door with red key and you need yellow key to open it (now yellow key is  important, before you dont need yellow key to exit)

 

 

Map 03 - When you fall from the "bridge" you can teleport and survive.

 

 

 

 

obraz.png

NEGATIVEONE_v0.39.rar

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question: Will this wad be compatible with multiplayer source ports like ZDaemon? Would love to see these maps being played by a number of players together in Survival and Cooperative servers.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I have a question: Will this wad be compatible with multiplayer source ports like ZDaemon? Would love to see these maps being played by a number of players together in Survival and Cooperative servers.

If it stays boom-compatible, probably.

We'll have to make sure that co-op softlocks can't happen though!!

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Alper002 said:

If it stays boom-compatible, probably.

We'll have to make sure that co-op softlocks can't happen though!!

What do you mean by co-op softlocks, can you please explain?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

What do you mean by co-op softlocks, can you please explain?

Let's say you have a lock-in (Door/bars close behind you) for a room you have to pass through, and the only method to reopen said lock-in is a switch in the room.

If a player enters the room and dies, nobody can go back into that room, because the door/bars are closed. This means progression is softlocked, due to the fact that nobody can progress past said room.

This is only one example, but there's potential for other ways of softlocks, like one-way passages which cannot be traversed through more than once, or other things I am probably not considering.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Second update of the day from me. MAP02 already had some lava elements, so I decided to build on this a bit and start making the place look like some kind of forge or foundry.

 

sc0nx5F.png

 

7yXWqnV.png

 

Changelog:

 

- Widened and detailed the first few areas of the level

- Changed instances of BLOODx to LAVAx

- Changed the ledges in the large crossroads room to TANROCK5

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b0qsqwln9to5oyz/NEGATIVEONE_v0.40b.rar/file

 

EDIT: Just noticed that the second shot shows off some texture misalignments. These are now fixed in the download above.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Second update of the day from me, this time it's MAP02 which has received some attention.

 

Changelog:

 

- Widened and detailed the first few areas of the levels

- Changed instances of BLOODx to LAVAx

- Changed the ledges in the large crossroads room to TANROCK5

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y7ouv1pjtwk4cil/NEGATIVEONE_v0.40.rar/file

the starting room is really cool! great job!

Share this post


Link to post

NEGATIVEONE_v0.42b.zip

 

Made before the captain toenail edit, this version contains:

  • MAP01 minor detailing in the hell cave (yeah, i worked on MAP01 too! It could be fun now to frankesteining my parts and the one one from captain toenail)
  • MAP31 minor changes, added a new "secret room" at cyberdemon's final fight room with a helpful hint for reaching the "broken exit" part without problems and changed ceiling with CRATOP1 for a more WOLF 3D feel in the map
  • Changed the texture to SKY3 with a sky from Strife

Share this post


Link to post

i will try.

10 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

NEGATIVEONE_v0.42b.zip

 

Made before the captain toenail edit, this version contains:

  • MAP01 minor detailing in the hell cave (yeah, i worked on MAP01 too! It could be fun now to frankesteining my parts and the one one from captain toenail)
  • MAP31 minor changes, added a new "secret room" at cyberdemon's final fight room with a helpful hint for reaching the "broken exit" part without problems and changed ceiling with CRATOP1 for a more WOLF 3D feel in the map
  • Changed the texture to SKY3 with a sky from Strife

 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:
  • MAP31 minor changes, added a new "secret room" at cyberdemon's final fight room with a helpful hint for reaching the "broken exit" part without problems and changed ceiling with CRATOP1 for a more WOLF 3D feel in the map

You also made so the door is a blue door, which means the Keens and the monsters protecting them are useless.

Share this post


Link to post

- fixed the last secret in MAP01, you can't open like a door with a misaligned texture.

- filled MAP02 chaingunner monster closet with lava...

- added everything from v0.42b

42 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

NEGATIVEONE_v0.42b.zip

 

Made before the captain toenail edit, this version contains:

  • MAP01 minor detailing in the hell cave
  • MAP31 minor changes, added a new "secret room" at cyberdemon's final fight room with a helpful hint for reaching the "broken exit" part without problems and changed ceiling with CRATOP1 for a more WOLF 3D feel in the map
  • Changed the texture to SKY3 with a sky from Strife

 

NEGATIVEONE_v0.44.zip

Share this post


Link to post

ye... -.=.-''

1 minute ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

All this mix-up makes me thankful I make my edits at like 2 AM.

 

i already fixing don't worry

9 minutes ago, waciej said:

I made a lot of changes in map 02 but My version isnt 0.44 what can i do?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

ye... -.=.-''

 

i already fixing don't worry

 

Thank youuuuuuu :DDDDD

Share this post


Link to post

Sup!

negative1_map04_surreily.png.3da574e2f4005702bec6bd227e46ab84.png

Got this edit of MAP04 that introduces a couple of new rooms and a tunnel. Lots of work still needs to be done to make it playable (for example, that switch doesn't work at the moment). Merging it into whatever the most recent version is shouldn't be too hard.

 

NEGATIVEONE_v0.45.zip

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Surreily said:

Sup!

negative1_map04_surreily.png.3da574e2f4005702bec6bd227e46ab84.png

Got this edit of MAP04 that introduces a couple of new rooms and a tunnel. Lots of work still needs to be done to make it playable (for example, that switch doesn't work at the moment). Merging it into whatever the most recent version is shouldn't be too hard.

 

NEGATIVEONE_v0.45.zip

I wanna die inside

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×