Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Recommended Posts

v4.62!

  • Replaced MAP31's music (Might change it again later)
  • Readded the Imps in the room leading to the Icon of Sin in MAP28 and fixed a few bugs.
  • Seven new textures. (ROEBCK_4, ROEFRN_4, SCRN01, SCRN02, DISCO_1 and HISSY)
  • Added an easter egg in MAP21 which adds the following things:
  1. A Yellow Card.
  2. 1 Megasphere.
  3. 1 more Green Armor.
  4. Yet another SSG.
  5. Me (Luigi avatar)
  6. A baby HDoom (Breasts covered) Cacodemon called Hissy that you cannot kill. So no matter how much you try, you will never exterminate all demons in MAP21. MUAHAHA! Not that you can kill sidedefs anyway.
  7. A bath! Because I need to clean myself, and so do you!
  8. Some demon corpses I killed.
  9. An accidental time paradox that will saw the entire WAD in half.

 

To access all these easter eggs and good loot, you must first find the Yellow Key in the room with all the spectres, then in the small corridor following the "Revenant Platform Game" there is a wall with a yellow light track you can open that has a teleporter. I won't send a screenshot of the room though, it's your job to find it. Also page 69, how cool.

 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/da84nop9jm11p5y/NEGATIVEONE_v4.62.wad/file

Edited by Roebloz

Share this post


Link to post

Can I reserve MAP33? I really want to meet that one weirdo who plays random Boom-compatible WADs in BFG Edition. It's cool to be unique sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Can I reserve MAP33? I really want to meet that one weirdo who plays random Boom-compatible WADs in BFG Edition. It's cool to be unique sometimes.

Could also be an Easter egg map; one that can only be accessed via the console or IDCLEV

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so, reserving MAP08. I finished detailing the @Captain Toenail wildwest town, but im reserving MAP08 to add a very simple 3D bridge in a place, and release the two things in the same release.

 

1 hour ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Can I reserve MAP33? I really want to meet that one weirdo who plays random Boom-compatible WADs in BFG Edition. It's cool to be unique sometimes.

MAP33? WTF

Share this post


Link to post

Release v4.64: MAP15 and MAP08 changes

 

MAP15:

  • Detailing the wildwest town
  • A yellow keycard in the right house, with a teleporting demons trap.
  • Fixed the weird bad random number texture names.
  • Added the normal exit
  • Some misc changes

MAP08:

  • new 3D bridge in the nukage part

Misc:

  • Fixed textures for running in MSDOS BooM again.

link: https://mega.nz/file/vbhDlR5I#bL91Wmolps-o-6sX0CpUYt4tjsoJaPxCnJAa6IsN5Nk

Edited by URROVA

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

Speaking of easter eggs, has anyone actually added a secret exit to map15?

 

The room to the left platform/ledge from the starting area with mancubi on it. The locked door on that ledge contains a cyber and the secret exit apparently. Someone should definitely move that secret exit from plain sight into some hidden location. The map has become quite big so there are many potential secret cave entrance sections for that secret exit to be hidden.

 

Feel free to edit those big cave areas to the South of the map. I'll definitely be working on that map and also on MAP18 in a few days... before deadline hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post

I think that we shouldnt add more parts to MAP15, becouse is a very big map, and we should improve the existing areas... A secret exit will be good to add, but no more normal areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Someone should definitely move that secret exit from plain sight into some hidden location.

 

It needs to be super secret. My suggestion - several secret switches hidden throughout the map. These should be distinctive in some way so it's obvious they have some secret function. Once they are all flicked the exit can be revealed in some obscure corner. This can be done with a voodoo doll.

 

36 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I think that we shouldnt add more parts to MAP15, becouse is a very big map, and we should improve the existing areas...

 

Yeah agreed. Now time to see what you've done to the town :-)

 

Here is v4.65

 

  • Added my room to Map32 (careful it's booby-trapped ;-)
  • Cleaned up the SSG pickup sprite

 

https://easyupload.io/cf6k4o

Edited by Captain Toenail

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

Speaking of easter eggs, has anyone actually added a secret exit to map15?

The same for MAP31. This map doesnt have a secret exit to MAP32, or at least one that i don't know, I once edited MAP31 and this map had no secret exit.

 

If it doesnt have a secret exit, i can make one :) i have some ideas for a secret exit of MAP31, including a hellish portal, FIREBLU textures and a weird colormap that i made becouse i was bored :v

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

Go for it. By the way love what you have done with the wildwest town. Super cool!

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, URROVA said:

The same for MAP31. This map doesnt have a secret exit to MAP32, or at least one that i don't know, I once edited MAP31 and this map had no secret exit.

 

If it doesnt have a secret exit, i can make one :) i have some ideas for a secret exit of MAP31, including a hellish portal, FIREBLU textures and a weird colormap that i made becouse i was bored :v

Actually the only exit in MAP31 is the secret type that goes straight to MAP32 (Much like in Plutonia). Please, do not change that. Although please replace MAP31's current tune with the one from Vanilla Doom 2's MAP32.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, we're one month before the relase of the wad.

I'll TRY to add myself to Map32 in this weekend, i was actually thinking of changing my pfp since it looks crappy af.

Btw, since i was gone for a long time, can someone tell me the new changes in a nutshell? I'm also really curious about how my baby in the form of a map (Map24) looks like now

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

Thoughts on this pistol?

 

It will look weird because it is at angle whereas the rest of the weapons are not. Agreed on the glove however.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Captain Toenail said:

 

It will look weird because it is at angle whereas the rest of the weapons are not. Agreed on the glove however.

yeah, i knew it looked a bit weird, honestly it was more to draw attention to the current pistol so we can get new gloves for it

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KILLA DIO said:

yeah, i knew it looked a bit weird, honestly it was more to draw attention to the current pistol so we can get new gloves for it

 

That's what you call a 200 IQ move  :D

Share this post


Link to post

v4.66

 

Map15 Changes:

 

  • Regular exit now requires all six keys to access. All keycards and skull keys are now present in map.
  • More work to northwest compound.
  • New wooden door and fence textures added to wildwest town
  • Fixed teleporters at acid-ice zone
  • Switch revealed at acid-ice zone now opens progress blocking bars
  • New viewing area at start to surview the massive canyon (dam control room?)

https://easyupload.io/haio6n

Share this post


Link to post

MAP04 is literally unplayable. Also, are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites? You also are going to have to edit the sprites for the hellknight, since I made a rule about every sprite having to be somewhat original.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites?

 

i think Nightmare has plans for these.

 

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

MAP04 is literally unplayable. Also, are you guys going to edit the revenant and cyberdemon sprites? You also are going to have to edit the sprites for the hellknight, since I made a rule about every sprite having to be somewhat original.

 

Nightmare edited the green fire onto its hands.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Nightmare edited the green fire onto its hands.

That's it? Wait, I remember he was going to add a shield by Frankenspriting another sprite.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

That's it? Wait, I remember he was going to add a shield by Frankenspriting another sprite.

Why would we put a shield onto it if we don't even change it's behavior to actually have the shield make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Why would we put a shield onto it if we don't even change it's behavior to actually have the shield make sense?

There is a rule that every sprite must be original, it doesn't have to be a shield, just add something original to it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×