Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Version 5.11

Map15 updates:

• Added some much needed ammunition and other pickup items in most areas.
  • Monsters to some of the empty spaces.
  • A second teleport in the big water caverns for the sake of convenience.

Will add more items and monster invasions to some of the later parts of this massive map.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6kwnxqv2y0xtah/NEGATIVEONE_v5.11.wad.7z/file

Release v5.12: MAP06 changes

• Added the blue key area: Since we are on an extraterrestrial planet, it seemed good to me to put a kind of landing strip with a space ship, with one or two turrets depending on the difficulty. Above the ship is the blue key. To get on the ship you have to raise a bridge.
  • The second part is basically a nukage sewer, which takes you to the room with the lever to lift the bridge. Here I also used the trick of reflections in the nukage, so if you see broken sectors, leave them I did them on purpose.
  • Difficulty settings implemented where they were not implemented
  • I also fixed the new part for deathmatch, and put in a new hologram texture that i used on the switch room.

Link: https://mega.nz/file/Lf5DFKKD#l2lu13k8KNqXrzc9E_j-JrQgU49jXd5420NFIXKGExM

Edited by URROVA

I've been thinking, would you guys like this to be MBF compatible, or would you like to stick to normal Boom? I like MBF functions, and I think you guys would like it, but also I think we should reserve it for Doom -2.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

I've been thinking, would you guys like this to be MBF compatible, or would you like to stick to normal Boom? I like MBF functions, and I think you guys would like it, but also I think we should reserve it for Doom -2.

I'd say reserve it

4 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Yes, reserve it for Doom -2 

Anyways we already used some MBF features (skybox transfers) but equally is playable on BOOM

I had added support for the Unity Ports but then remember some of the maps actually use Boom things causing the port but some maps could be played, I even added a DMAPINFO lump as seen here

HiGsi8Z.jpg

Even Made Map33 selected able, I just copy the lump from tnt and replace the map names with stock doom 2 names since that fits better.

3CmRqfr.jpg

Map06 is the first map that crashes on load but I decided to share the edit anyway, just in case anyone wants to take a look and I didnt feel like tossing out my work after I realized my mistake

NEGATIVEONE_v5.13.zip

I just realized, the end screen after defeating Baphomet shows a normal Doomguy, but ingame, it's Freedoomguy we're playing as. Also MAP33 is weird and I don't know how to play it on PRBoom+.

8 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Yeah, it's a bit late to add MBF stuff.

We're actually using at least one MBF feature already, namely sky transfers (a lot of people seem to think they're from Boom, but they're not).

10 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

I just realized, the end screen after defeating Baphomet shows a normal Doomguy, but ingame, it's Freedoomguy we're playing as. Also MAP33 is weird and I don't know how to play it on PRBoom+.

Make a .bat file with this inside the folder that has PRBoom+ and run it

prboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file NEGATIVEONE_v5.12.wad -warp 33 -skill 1

You can change the skill and the name of the file as needed. And iirc skill starts off at 0 meaning I'm Too Young to Die and 4 being Nightmare

11 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

The -1 player sprites are actually from Gothic 99, with the head replaced by the normal Doom marine helmet. The Gothic 99 sprites are in turn based on the player from Strife.

7 hours ago, Rosh Fragger said:

@NiGHTMARE are you going to add that cool transition between Map11 and Map12? :)

I'm not sure yet, as it ended up as pretty much the same dimensions as the rest of MAP12 (although a lot quicker to play through, as it's very linear). I suppose it could go at the end of MAP11 instead, using sky transfers.

Also, when I was originally planning it in my mind MAP01-MAP11 were all set in the same tech base (with a quick trip to hell in MAP07), but now the episode includes an arctic outpost (MAP04), a skyscraper (MAP05), and even an alien planet (MAP06).

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Well, this is a really cool idea, but you guys have added so much cool stuff to this that I don't feel like I can add anything. Best of luck to you all!

1 minute ago, SGNRyan said:

Well, this is a really cool idea, but you guys have added so much cool stuff to this that I don't feel like I can add anything. Best of luck to you all!

Wait for Doom -2.

5 minutes ago, SGNRyan said:

There's still time to participate SGNRyan, even if it's just to add a room or two. New playtesters are always welcome too!

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

Wait for Doom -2.

or the GZDoom -1. That one looks noice. 

1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

There's still time to participate SGNRyan, even if it's just to add a room or two. New playtesters are always welcome too!

And there are some maps that need to be polished 

I have a question: What's the hue color number used for the Gloves in the Pistol Sprite?

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

or the GZDoom -1. That one looks noice. 

Indeed it does. Though I'm worried about how many people will participate. The participation in project has been absolutely amazing, but I'm unsure if that'll continue into the next ones.

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

It'll take about a few days.

This is over October 1st, correct? This was originally going to end September 21st, iirc. But, I think it changed because it wouldn't be finished in time. Good thing, though, because a lot of good stuff could happen in 9 days. 

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

This is over October 1st, correct? 

No, October 7th.

25 minutes ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

LOL we should keep support for the Unity ports

Keep? Boom features started to be added pretty early in the project's development.

Numerous levels make use of Boom features such as translucent textures, sector height transfers, and conveyor belts. Boom lumps such as ANIMATED are present. The DeHackEd patch makes use of BEX functions.

Unless the Unity ports add support for all of these, you'll need to use something else.

Edited by NiGHTMARE