• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

V5.68

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmq3gijr42iiamn/NEGATIVEONE_v5.68.7z?dl=0

General changes

- Added a proper ZMAPINFO lump with corrected sky and music strings (This one better work!)

- Converted the newly added shotgun sound to Doom format since all the others were

I might be able to add a MAPINFO lump using the old ZDoom style, but consider this my actual last submission if Attic calls it before then

We came all the way here, so I shall end this with v5.69. Reserving MAP31 for the last time.

NEGATIVEONE v5.69!!!!!!

Changes:

-Fixed a few texture errors in MAP31 in the DM section.

Additions:

-Added an "Endless Shooting Gallery" in the slot of MAP35 which is also an easter egg map. (It's basically the skybox shooting boss cubes at you infinitely. I have stocked ammo and health there.)

-Added new textures for the sky of said map.

-Added the music for said map (I'm not sure if BOOM can handle SPC files though, and it's not like it's one of the main maps, just a silly little easter egg. At worst the Boom version won't have any music or the custom sky.)

So unless we need to add more things or fix some small issues, this SHOULD be the last version. Also why add a custom map? Well I had the concept of the skybox fight pop in my head but I know I would not make it go far, and since other people have been adding silly maps then I added my own. There. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kij41z9wfqedn5q/NEGATIVEONE_v5.69.wad/file

Screenshot_Doom_20201007_203339.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201007_203355.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201007_203355_01.png

44 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

-Added the music for said map (I'm not sure if BOOM can handle SPC files though, and it's not like it's one of the main maps, just a silly little easter egg. At worst the Boom version won't have any music or the custom sky.)

Emmm no. BOOM only supports MUS and MIDI music. And please test it on PrBoom!!

Hmm, I guess a MAPINFO lump using the old style won't really matter, and Eternity might still work on the super secret levels. So unless we want to add a lump for that, I'd say this wad is completed

v5.70

WHOO IN RIGHT UNDER THE WIRE!

Added a couple personal touches to Maps 02 and 10

Spoiler

Unicursal Hexagram Symbol on map 03

Screenshot_Doom_20201007_224330.png.ec486020321e8b36a86ff6a3f20bf94d.png

Also Added my own little blood monster thingy in map 10.

Screenshot_Doom_20201007_224312.png.0af5049abdd1f3cdb5ef70b96420f268.png

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

v5.71

NEGATIVEONE_v5.71.zip

HAD TO FIX SOMETHING SORRY DISREGARD LAST POST. SAME ADDITIONS BUT FIXED.

Blood monster I made on Map10 was copied and pasted from one of my older maps and i forgot that there was a linedef GD tag on its face had to set linedef actions to none and tags to 0 as to not screw up maps pre-set tags. My bad.

v5.72

Dudes I am SOO sorry I had to fix the same problem with the blood monster and forgot to save the edit in my rush before uploading lol. Now it's correctly fixed guarenteed.

NEGATIVEONE_v5.72.zip

V5.73

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y06ty8yl27zhnq/NEGATIVEONE_v5.73.7z?dl=0

General changes

- Added an Eternity MAPINFO lump for levels 33-35

- Added a MAPINFO lump written in the old style of ZDoom MAPINFO lumps

Okay, this is my last one for real this time. The only thing that would make this any more compatible is writing it in Hexen format, but I'm pretty sure that won't make a difference since it's already an MBF-compatible wad. It's been fun watching this all unfold, and I'm glad to have been part of the ride, see you all in Doom -2!

1 hour ago, Cacodemon345 said:

If there does happen Doom -2, I would like to see it as a ZDoom community project, provided AtticTelephone is fine with it.

There's already CBM's GZDoom -1, which I assume is going to be revived as soon as Doom -1 is officially released.

Personally I'm hoping that -2 is for Boom+ ports (PRBoom+ UMAPINFO branch, GZDoom, Crispy doom, and Eternity), so we can make use of features like DEHEXTRA and MUSINFO without being overwhelmed by an abundance of ZScript gimmicks and 3D floors.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Regarding Doom -2, I just wanted to mention again my suggestion of having multiple projects running in parallel ala Mayhem 2018 (with its Orange and Purple editions).

My suggestions would be:

- Limit removing (or possibly even vanilla)

- Boom+

- GZDoom

It could be interesting to create a very basic set of maps which are used as the basis for all three projects, and see where things go from there.

Of course resources such as textures and sprites could be shared between all three.

You could also have a different project lead for each one, e.g. CBM for the GZDoom project.

Better set a hard limit for the project version now though. I would say v6.00.

Better focus the next 25 versions on finalizing out the project, bug fixing as necessary.

Of course, the final say comes from Attic; I don't lead the project and I don't want to hijack the project.

Y u guys no UTC

And I guess -2 could be just -1 continued? More development, more maps, mmm, more episodes! Smells like MAP98 on the grill!

11 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Y u guys no UTC

And I guess -2 could be just -1 continued? More development, more maps, mmm, more episodes! Smells like MAP98 on the grill!

oh boy I do love 666 map long megawads! 

I think we should release it now before more people start doing minor edits that might cause big bugs that will need to be fixed. Also I know Boom doesn't support SPC, but as long as the map itself works then that's not a big deal since its an Easter egg map. (And no I won't download PrBoom+ just to test a WAD.)

Yes, now is definitely not the best time to add anything new to the maps, like new rooms and stuff. Should just try to identify any bugs, like places where the player could get stuck and so on.

@AtticTelephone where are you at mate? Everyone is looking forward to the release.

3 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Regarding Doom -2, I just wanted to mention again my suggestion of having multiple projects running in parallel ala Mayhem 2018 (with its Orange and Purple editions).

My suggestions would be:

- Limit removing (or possibly even vanilla)

- Boom+

- GZDoom

It could be interesting to create a very basic set of maps which are used as the basis for all three projects, and see where things go from there.

Of course resources such as textures and sprites could be shared between all three.

You could also have a different project lead for each one, e.g. CBM for the GZDoom project.

yes GZDoom-1 will be revived as soon as doom-1 is completed

:-)

as projectleader for GZDoom-1, I really like the idea of a common starting point

I have been training hard to be ready for relaunching GZDoom-1

and I am also ready to do the needed 3d models for monsters and items in the gzdoom-1 port if need be

the easiest models is by far the static models

but I have also been learning about model animation

I already have a few self made animated 3d md3 monsters that are ready for gzdoom-1

EDIT:

current 100% selfmade 3d md3 monsters that are already ready for gzdoom-1

Floating corona macro virus that spits green goo (replaces cacodemon, inspired by a Star Trek Voyager episode)

Gelatinous cube with variants (replaces explosive barrel, my first ever 3D monster)

Floating eye (replaces lost soul)

all with animations, textures and geometry made by yours truly

Edited by CBM

Alas, I return.

Doom -1 is done, and soon I will post the final version in a new post, I want to thank all of you for your participation in this social experiment\community project.

As for Doom -2, we'll see next year.

11 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Alas, I return.

Doom -1 is done, and soon I will post the final version in a new post, I want to thank all of you for your participation in this social experiment\community project.

As for Doom -2, we'll see next year.

It was great working with you. Now would you allow me to port it to GBA and (maybe) 32x? After all @Kippykip's PrBoom GBA can probably handle it, and as for 32x I could pick the 24 best maps of the WAD and try to port them (There is a Dehacked utility for 32x Doom so it's definitely doable.)

15 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

They thought it wasn't possible, but we did it. Well done everyone, this was a lot of fun!