Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

5 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

It was great working with you. Now would you allow me to port it to GBA and (maybe) 32x? After all @Kippykip's PrBoom GBA can probably handle it, and as for 32x I could pick the 24 best maps of the WAD and try to port them (There is a Dehacked utility for 32x Doom so it's definitely doable.)

Sure man, I'd love to hear the music in fart noises.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

Sure man, I'd love to hear the music in fart noises.

Okay. Don't expect maps like MAP15 or any of the huge open maps to be there, poor 32x cant handle it :(

43 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Alas, I return.

Doom -1 is done, and soon I will post the final version in a new post, I want to thank all of you for your participation in this social experiment\community project.

As for Doom -2, we'll see next year.

Brings a tear to the eye.. :')

Feeling mighty glad to be a part of this epic megawad! <3 It's so hard to finally say goodbye to the mapping portion of this.. but the journey has just been started. This masterpiece will be played for decades to come! 

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

Alas, I return.

Doom -1 is done, and soon I will post the final version in a new post, I want to thank all of you for your participation in this social experiment\community project.

As for Doom -2, we'll see next year.

So, the development is over. I have loved participating in this megawad! I will surely participate in others of this style, maybe Doom -2 (surely).

2500th reply, and you can be sure ill be in Doom -2 for more friendly cacodemon-based easter eggs. (And an easter egg level based off Spear of Destiny's final level like I did here)

1 minute ago, Roebloz said:

And an easter egg level based off Spear of Destiny's final level like I did here

Yee... i thinked to use a bit more the ability of heights and make a Rise Of The Triad easter egg

The limitation is the infinite heights, but is an idea

Hello,

apologies for showing up at the last minute like this. Rosh Fragger mentioned to me just a few hours ago that the finalization of this project is very near. I decided to at least play MAP01 today and sure enough I encountered an issue:

Sector 291 is tagged as a secret but after you press the switch (line 443) to lower it the secret action disappears so it's actually impossible to get 100% secrets on the map when playing with Boom compatibility (-complevel 9 in PrBoom+) which to my understanding is the intended compatibility.

Ignoring this little blemish I can say that the wad looks great from the quick glance I was able to give it and we're looking forward to hosting it on Thursday Night Survival!

edit: Turns out there's another issue and this one might be harder to fix. PrBoom+ can crash with "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11" during the boss fight in MAP30. It is possible to finish the map but seems likely that crashing is going to be common.

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

Link to the final release thread: 

YO Contributors! Come forward to improve upon the current version of the wad so we can have a proper and real release celebration.

3 hours ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Link to the final release thread:

YO Contributors! Come forward to improve upon the current version of the wad so we can have a proper and real release celebration.

I bet you Attic is going to be pissed once he gets online, lol!

I'm currently trying to fix all the missing textures, hopefully shouldn't take too long

Edit: I'm extremely tired, so I'm gonna take a nap right now. Might be a bit longer

Edited by EpicTyphlosion

Well, the idea now is to keep the final release of Doom -1 as is with v5.75, and have the improved versions as a separate "Complete Edition" or remastered. We can even have a separate thread for that altogether.

lol I just found out something. Do the turrets freaking respawn (even on non-Nightmare difficulties) after a while??

Edited by Rosh Fragger

Currently running the latest version 5.75 in a ZDaemon server, and turrets seem to be respawning, making them such a big threat lol. It's a fun challenge though.

9 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

edit: Turns out there's another issue and this one might be harder to fix. PrBoom+ can crash with "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11" during the boss fight in MAP30. It is possible to finish the map but seems likely that crashing is going to be common.

Oooofffff.... surely something with DeHackEd. I will check the baphomet code.

40 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

and turrets seem to be respawning, making them such a big threat lol

Ye, they have the COUNTKILL BEX flag, so the engine detects it like a monster and respawns it on nightmare difficulty, like the other monsters.

And surely i will participate on a bugfix version, official or unofficial :)

And a question. Why this wad have a playpal that is iddentical to Doom2 playpal??? XD

4 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Turrets are respawning on Ultra Violence !!

Ok. I will check the turrets too :/

Is it because his death frames are the same as those of a barrel?

15 minutes ago, URROVA said:

Is it because his death frames are the same as those of a barrel?

Ah, that could be causing it then. Barrels are set to respawn in server settings. Turrets should count as monsters and not barrels lol, but still it becomes a fun little challenge in servers with those settings xD

7 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Ah, that could be causing it then. Barrels are set to respawn in server settings. Turrets should count as monsters and not barrels lol, but still it becomes a fun little challenge in servers with those settings xD

Ok, so i have the extra gibbing nazi frames that i can use for a new explosion animation.

And i already fixed a very serious DeHackEd error: The wickeds didnt had the FLOAT and NOGRAVITY flags, so they have gravity :/ I fixed that and PrBoom+ didnt crash anymore.

I will make the new explosion frames for the turret and publish it on the new topic (if we will make a new topic for the bugfix version)

4 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I will make the new explosion frames for the turret

Well it makes sort of a fun challenge in multiplayer servers where monsters don't respawn but barrels (hence turrets too) can. So there is no real need to edit the turrets. Just a suggestion though. I find these respawning turrets quite cool.

16 hours ago, URROVA said:

So, the development is over. I have loved participating in this megawad! I will surely participate in others of this style, maybe Doom -2 (surely).

perhaps even gzdoom-1, maybe? :D

I promise to take it easy on the poster placement .. ROTFLMAO

2 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Well it makes sort of a fun challenge in multiplayer servers where monsters don't respawn but barrels (hence turrets too) can. So there is no real need to edit the turrets. Just a suggestion though. I find these respawning turrets quite cool.

Ok, so i dont edit the turrets.

51 minutes ago, CBM said:

perhaps even gzdoom-1, maybe? :D

Maybe I can help with mapping or scripting a bit, but I'm going to be more involved in my own project (IMPSCAPE), since I didn't pay attention to it for more than 3 months xD.

?

Ah, WHacked4 didnt recognized the TRANSLATION2 flag

Here im making a new bugfix

Hi guys, can anyone confirm that MAP22 is actually beatable? As far as I can tell there's no way to get the red key, as you'll just teleport away every time you get near it.

EDIT: Never mind, I finally figured out how you're supposed to get it. 

You need to try to pick it up at least one, which will lower a teleport pad in a room near where you pick up the blue key. Using this will lead you to yet another teleport pad, which will drop you next to the key.

This is a little convoluted, especially as it involves going through a door which I had assumed required the red key because it's bordered by red lights. Maybe something else to consider adjusting for the "Remastered" edition.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

I'm asking someone to host a server for ZDaemon and need the final working version of the wad. Please confirm if this fixes all the issues. 

18 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

EDIT: Never mind, I finally figured out how you're supposed to get it.

So MAP22 is beatable then right?