Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

[Premiere!] The Doom Master Wadazine #1 - The First Ever Issue is Out Now!

Wow, this is an extremely nice and humble beginning for this magazine. I love it! I just wish it was a bit longer. I think I might want to contribute a few reviews for different WADS soon if I have time. My only critique that I could come up with was the use of the white space. Take a look at these two pages out of an example article. The text is formatted in a way that allows you to read more per page, and titles of video games like "Doom" are in bold.

2 minutes ago, UndeadRyker said:

Wow, this is an extremely nice and humble beginning for this magazine. I love it! I just wish it was a bit longer. I think I might want to contribute a few reviews for different WADS soon if I have time. My only critique that I could come up with was the use of the white space. Take a look at these two pages out of an example article. The text is formatted in a way that allows you to read more per page, and titles of video games like "Doom" are in bold.

Thank you a lot for the words! And yes, I want to improve the kind of format I'm giving the magazine. With that image you gave me an excellent guide, especially for the spacing which I was not sure which to use. Thank you!

This is pretty cool, I enjoyed the main article and liked what you had to say about doom. I hadn't heard of like half these wads so I'll be checking them out, and I'll be looking forward looking forward to the next issue.

9 minutes ago, EndHack said:

This is pretty cool, I enjoyed the main article and liked what you had to say about doom. I hadn't heard of like half these wads so I'll be checking them out, and I'll be looking forward looking forward to the next issue.

Great to hear that <3

This is pretty cool! The only thing that really bugs me is the screenshots section, I'd love to see what maps some of those screenshots are from! Speaking of screenshots section, it might be a good idea to put a lot more screenshots in each page (remove the margins, etc.); as it is now, half the magazine is screenshots! Not a huge deal, but it does look kinda strange.

Congratulations on the inaugural release! It was a good read, and I enjoyed how much you really just gush over the subject matter. It was clear this was coming from a place of love. I'll be looking forward to future issues!

5 minutes ago, 3saster said:

This is pretty cool! The only thing that really bugs me is the screenshots section, I'd love to see what maps some of those screenshots are from! Speaking of screenshots section, it might be a good idea to put a lot more screenshots in each page (remove the margins, etc.); as it is now, half the magazine is screenshots! Not a huge deal, but it does look kinda strange.

Thank you!

I would also like to put the names of the maps or the wads too, but since the screenshots are taken from the thread in the forums, not everyone puts the name of the map or the wad in their comments, so it would be a lil bit annoying asking everyone whats the name of that map and that.

And yes! I'm trying to find a way that the screenshots dont take half the magazine again, thanks a lot for the comment!

2 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Congratulations on the inaugural release! It was a good read, and I enjoyed how much you really just gush over the subject matter. It was clear this was coming from a place of love. I'll be looking forward to future issues!

It was, indeed, made with love <3 Thanks mate!

The next issue should be ready in about 15 days (twice a month) thanks for the words! ;)

I feel so honoured to see my greyscale-purple-red project screenshot here, in this first issue of wadzine. It gives me motivational boost and happiness to continue on what I'm working on. I hope, we will see more of wadzine issues, because we need more good things in our lives. Keep it up!

i think the format is really cool, It reminds me of the old 90's gaming Magazines, which would be a interesting detail to add to the magazine

1 hour ago, Misty said:

I feel so honoured to see my greyscale-purple-red project screenshot here, in this first issue of wadzine. It gives me motivational boost and happiness to continue on what I'm working on. I hope, we will see more of wadzine issues, because we need more good things in our lives. Keep it up!

Those were some really awesome screenshots! Looking foward to the next time you share one of those! And thanks a lot for the kind words.

51 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

Oh my, I didn't expect to have SoTNR mentioned ^_^;

This is cool!  I'll be sure to follow this.  Great work!

I'm glad to hear that! Shadows of the Nightmare Realm always comes to my mind when I think about ''outstanding wads'', thank you for your contribution!

45 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

i think the format is really cool, It reminds me of the old 90's gaming Magazines, which would be a interesting detail to add to the magazine

That's exactly my goal. I try to capture the essence of the old magazines. Modern magazines tend to be a little more technical, marketing and news oriented.
I attempt to make my work a little more personal by showcasing the direct contributions and projects of the fans.
Thanks for the great words.

this is awesome!!! congrats on putting this together, looking forward to reading many more :D

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

this is awesome!!! congrats on putting this together, looking forward to reading many more :D

Glad to hear that! You can expect one of your awesome WADs here someday, def!

Thanks, mate!

2 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

It was a good read!, I hope to see more of this!

I appreciate that! And you'll definitely see more. Estimated time, 15 days :)

Just finished reading this. Was pretty enjoyable, though I wish there was more to offer. Since this is the first issue, however, that's to be expected.

I had a cackle looking at the "always has been" meme in the Pictures Gallery. Serves as a good inspiration for those wanting to make some memes for the zine.

Having seen elend's magazine layouts in the previous thread, I'd suggest him to contribute to this zine as well.

I have also downloaded the .rar file, but somehow it's corrupted. :(

Otherwise, this is a good first step! Definitely would like to see more.

2 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Just finished reading this. Was pretty enjoyable, though I wish there was more to offer. Since this is the first issue, however, that's to be expected.

I had a cackle looking at the "always has been" meme in the Pictures Gallery. Serves as a good inspiration for those wanting to make some memes for the zine.

Having seen elend's magazine layouts in the previous thread, I'd suggest him to contribute to this zine as well.

I have also downloaded the .rar file, but somehow it's corrupted. :(

Otherwise, this is a good first step! Definitely would like to see more.

Thanks man! I'll do my best always.

And what happened with the .rar? It just the same as the mediafire download tho, but wierd that you got it corrupted, I tried right now and it was fine. Good thing I posted 2 download options, always good to have a plan B.

7 minutes ago, Endless said:

And what happened with the .rar? It just the same as the mediafire download tho, but wierd that you got it corrupted, I tried right now and it was fine. Good thing I posted 2 download options, always good to have a plan B.

I have no idea. I have redownloaded it, and it just gives me the same error. Perhaps it's just on my device.

Having multiple downloads is a good idea. Glad you decided to do so.

Great job and don't overwork yourself. What I actually really like is the section where you list the WADs and mods that have been released in the last week or so. I still think it could use some sort of layout / design or a bit more color in general. If you want I can try to make a cover for it.

20 minutes ago, elend said:

Great job and don't overwork yourself. What I actually really like is the section where you list the WADs and mods that have been released in the last week or so. I still think it could use some sort of layout / design or a bit more color in general. If you want I can try to make a cover for it.

Of course man! Your help would be awesome, just PM and we'll coordinate. :)

And thanks for the advice, I'll try not saturate myselft with it, but I gotta say that I doubt it. I really enjoyed working on this.

Well, speaking of WADs, I think this is going to be a great project. Also, I, and some skilled Doomers are making an experimental wad, which is named Doom -1, and anybody who wants to can contribute to the WAD. It's a community project and has two custom monsters as of now. I hope you can take a look at it.

6 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Well, speaking of WADs, I think this is going to be a great project. Also, I, and some skilled Doomers are making an experimental wad, which is named Doom -1, and anybody who wants to can contribute to the WAD. It's a community project and has two custom monsters as of now. I hope you can take a look at it.

Of course mate! I'll try to put all the WADs that are published in the forums between the days of this issue and the next one, hopefully I wont miss any, but your experiments looks very interesting so its in.

Good to see this! Obviously much work and much love invested. Nice texting, nice content.
Chapeau!
Layout could be improved and I don't like white background, but iI is a fantastic start!
I hope you have enough ideas and stamina to publish monthly issues for the next 20 years!!