Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

Potentially new Strife Content?

Nightdive CEO (the guys who own the STRIFE IP and are responsible for the Remaster)

Might be looking to make a Strife expansion/ Sequel?

I know a few here have to have done some stuff with Strife, and its in the DooM so its not entirely unfamiliar.

Maybe something to keep an eye out for? 

Perhaps DLC/standalone for Strife: Veteran Edition?

I mean why not? Strife was (and is) a unique title that implemented a lot of mechanics seen later in FP-RPG's.

4 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Perhaps DLC/standalone for Strife: Veteran Edition?

I mean why not? Strife was (and is) a unique title that implemented a lot of mechanics seen later in FP-RPG's.

I hope something comes of this. it would crazy cool to see new Strife content especially considering what the DooM engine can do compared to 20 years ago

I'd sure like to see more Strife, but considering how obscure this game was at the time, I don't know how more content for it would be feasible.

I would love to see a proper sequel though, but, same issue, Strife isn't a very popular title to begin win.

Sounds promising. Would like to join but I have zero modding experience :(

Now this is interesting. I do wonder if it'll be natural Strife content, or more modernized stuff?

I'd love to see Strife content that makes full use of what modders in the Doom community have been doing for ages. I mean, if it's just straight up vanilla Strife content, that's cool too but yeah.

2 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

I mean, if it's just straight up vanilla Strife content, that's cool too

Even vanilla mapping has evolved to a point where it's notably distinguishable from what appeared in the games themselves back when. IMO it would be cool to knock something out within vanilla limits that's still totally stunning. Totally possible.

1 hour ago, Jayextee said:

IMO it would be cool to knock something out within vanilla limits that's still totally stunning.

The vanilla limits were pushed back quite a bit for Veteran Edition, and can always be pushed back even further. They can even add new enemy types or new weapons or whatnot easily (something I'm sure @Amuscaria or @Nash for example could do brilliantly); an official expansion pack, if that's what's potentially happening, is not at all like a fanmod.

Would be interesting to see the game really adopt modern RPG narratives and craft multiple forking storylines with levels that perhaps aren't totally unique, but are visually and gameplay-wise distinct.

Like say, you get the choice to assist either a hacker or a bomber. If you do the mission with the bomber, you blast through the front of an enemy fort, causing major environmental destruction throughout the level. If you do the mission with the hacker, some robotic enemies, turrets and boobytraps will start going berserk, making the entire facility one giant chaotic mess.

And letting it have repercussions for later missions too - so you get forking narrative paths.

With the original feature set that's unlikely. The game only used inventory hacks for its progression system. And if something new is made I somehow doubt it will involve extensive coding.

Strife: The Plutonia Experiment

Every shopowner is a chaingunner!

All the levels are like Go 2 It!

39 minutes ago, Master O said:

Strife: The Plutonia Experiment

Every shopowner is a chaingunner!

All the levels are like Go 2 It!

*starts loading poison bolts aggressively*