Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Negatronica

Happy Time Circus 3 (WIP)

Oh boi. That image legit gave me goosebumps for a moment.

Anyway, this looks cool. Finally we have a creepy mod which is not crappy.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Ahem... yes, quite, I like the look of this. Not sure how this slipped under my radar back when you posted in July, but I'll be keeping a close on this now hehe. 

This is wonderfully promising. Might end up being one of the best map packs.

I'm almost finished doing sprites for a chaingun replacement. It took forever to get the barrel rotating to look right which is really difficult without 3d modeling. The whole sprite won't be visible on screen since I think I made it too big so the bottom 3rd probably won't be visible. It will use normal chaingun ammo instead of clown souls like most of the new weapons.

minigun2.gif.9e8c7d52e5732e6222d54708626ce0d9.gifminigun1.gif.0cd6f2939d6585318795239a13c2bc6d.gif

Here's a video of map 10, all the maps are still works in progress and I still have to add more sounds and whatnot but this will give everyone an idea of what this mod will be like. Sorry for the poor video quality, the file ends up looking like shit for some reason when I upload to youtube. I've finished a couple more enemies and scrapped the above chaingun and made a more normal looking machine gun instead.

I always hoped for a HTC3, I loved the first two so seeing this is awesome!

I've been quite busy with sprites lately. This sprite is a giant mechanical pennywise head known as the soul repository, it functions similarly to the icon of sin. Instead of skull cubes it fires pennywise spheres that spawn clown enemies. The souls are stored in the hair and transferred to the soul emitter at the forehead via the four "probes" connecting to the hair. Destroying the machine will reveal the exit to the final level where the player will face pennywise.

dmCNtaW.png

The pennywise soul sphere:

xQuJSHj.gif

It laughs as it flies. But the boss fight is much more complex than just shooting at it. Pennywise will fight tooth and nail to protect the device with devilish tricks. You'll be on the clock to destroy it before you run out of ammo, and it has every weapon built in to defend itself. Including the nuke. And giant lasers. And a repulsion device to prevent you from using melee, so it's important to concentrate ammo on the repository and all its devices.