Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digithead100

Hardest level in the original Hell Revealed?

I've heard some differing opinions on this. The mapmakers claim that map 24(Postmortem) and map 32(Mostly Harmful) are the toughest levels. Map 26(Afterlife) is also considered very difficult because of the limited arsenal. Then there's map 30 which is incredibly luck based(and annoying). If we're talking strictly from pistol start, I think map 14(City in the Clouds) is the toughest because all the weapons are so well guarded(and there's no SSG). Any thoughts? 

24 and 26 are the best maps, plus some of the most memorable, and certainly among the hardest atleast. 25 is something of a classic too so play that trio maybe! The last four maps are disappointing in comparison.

Differing opinions are not unusual about subjective questions like this. Tough to survive or tough to uvmax? Playing blind or with the benefit of the the best strats available on the internet? Play sytles and strengths/weaknesses differ hugely. In my own case, the last 3 maps to uvmax in the set were maps 24, 26 and 13. I agree with@FrancisT18 that map 24 and 26 are some of the more memorable maps. HR remains one my favorite mapsets despite some people saying it hasn't aged very well.

Addendum:

Looking through my notes, I rated map13, 24, 26, 32 as "insanely difficult" and all the other maps as hard, medium, easy, so I concur with FrancisT18 and Andromeda's assessment. I'm not sure I could sub rank the 4 without playing all 4 maps all over again.

Edited by tmorrow : misspelling

Map 13 by far for me (and maybe map 14 at some parts)

Map 24 is pretty tough but I didn't struggle that much thanks to the many ammo and health bonuses and the many opportunities for camping. 

Map 13 caused me more trouble and especially the blue key's trap with the cage.

1 hour ago, Roofi said:

Map 13 caused me more trouble and especially the blue key's trap with the cage

Yeah, that was the killer section for me too. I eventually learned to cheese the 30 second door trigger in the cage that allows you to wait for the door to reopen before collecting the key, spawning the enemies and getting the hell back out of the area.

13 was easy for me, but I did cheese the blue key trap by luring an imp to the entrance of the cage so that the door would be unable to close :P

That map where you are floating in space at the start, is it MAP26 or something? .... 32 is small pretty nasty as well.