Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elio AF

unholyjo.wad is looking for PLAYTESTERS!!!

17 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, I got into it, but I didn't realize it has SSG lol.

I'm not saying the maps are hard, but the usage of Barons is not very interesting. For example, Map02 has such a big space, so Barons post no actual threat. I recommend using Hell Knights instead.

Thanks!
I've realized it myself that I use barons and hell knights waaaaay too much.

That's why the later maps tend to use less barons and more mancubi, arachnotrons and revenants, which you can dispatch easily even with the chaingun, due to their pain chance. (Like map 8- only has 1 baron or so, or map 9, which has 0 barons and lots of baby spiders and fatsos)

Right now, we're in need of testers for 'Hurt me Plenty' and 'Hey, not too rough'! ITYTD testers are also welcome!

So basically the easy and medium skill levels!

We have a name now ig! Unholy Journey is the current name, since it's the name of the first chapter (Unholy Journey Begins)!

Here's the changelog:

-New sky texture (hellish, ofc)

-Minor changes to MAP01

-De-baronified MAP02, MAP03, MAP04 and MAP06

-New M_DOOM graphic. Probably placeholder.

-A couple of changes in design regarding MAP11. The boss brain is "fed" by pipes filled with blood. The spider mastermind needs to be killed too, in order to access the red teleporters (or, if you're playing on chocolate doom and it doesn't crash, you should kill a commander keen instead).

-Fixed a small bug in MAP08, or rather something I forgot. But getting 150% secrets there is a feature now lol. Added a new secret and a label to the exit.

-Added some pillars to increase the difficulty of MAP05. Can you guess the surprise inside?

-MAP09 originally had 24 hell knights on hmp. That number has been reduced to 16. Also added some arch-viles just cuz.

-Added Multiplayer and Deathmatch modes.

-The lost soul went thru a glow up (glow down? idk)

-Reduced baron and hell knight hp to 850 and 450 respectively.

-Made the trap in MAP06 feel more like a trap and less like a "oh great, more enemies to kill with ease".

Hopefully this will be the penultimate version of this episode, before release!

Runs and tested with GZDoom, ZDoom, Zandronum, Skulltag, Crispy Doom (intended port), Prboom+, Glboom.

Tested with Chocolated Doom and DOSBox (it crashes in MAP03 || MAP08, MAP04 and MAP09 are a big no)

UnholyJo.zip

Edited by Elio AF

Next update (which might as well be tomorrow) will include 10 new levels (maps 12-20 + map 31, which is mandatory).

I only need to test it out in a single-segment run and replace the CWILV graphics

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Looks cool from the pics. Maybe add a red sky? Or any other ominous sky textures...

Wow, I like the way you think. The screenshots are from the very first version, so the sky is the default one, but the version on doomworld has this red sky:RSKY1.png.50ce3484698e479098452bfc70b7855c.png

Look- I know I said we'll be having episode 2 tomorrow, but here it is TODAY!!

Here's the newest version, with TWELVE new levels (maps 12-20, map 23, 25 and 31) So far 24 maps have been finished.

And the second episode has tech-based maps with a few corruptions here and there. Third episode is... "the void"

CHANGELOG:

• 12 new maps
  • New textures throughout the previous maps and the new maps.
  • Cleaned up the file from existing Doom II textures
  • NO LONGER RUNS WITH CHOCOLATE DOOM OR DOSBOX
Edited by Elio AF

I kinda like it, interesting texture usage, dark and evil, interesting architecture... a bit chasm like actually

39 minutes ago, CBM said:

I kinda like it, interesting texture usage, dark and evil, interesting architecture... a bit chasm like actually

Oh thank you!

Also updated new version on the main topic.

Changelog: 

• Fixed missing texture in map 20.
  • Added episode selections. Probably gonna change the graphics for them.

Finished map 26 (originally a map 29 but turned out too easy), difficulties not yet implemented.

Map 27 (a dark horror map) is also on its way.

Here, the new version. Changes:

• New textures
  • New RSKY2
  • New map (map 26)
  • Various changes throughout the maps (mostly 06 and 19)
  • Supports multiplayer for both co-op and dm on all maps.

Get it here: Hurrytfup.wad