Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TakenStew22

Halo Infinite Gameplay Reveal

Thoughts?

I'm liking it so far. I can understand why people are complaining about the plastic artstyle like in Halo 5 or the not really impressive graphics but I never really cared about the graphics for Halo. Reminds me of the time people called Eternal cartoony. I'm just happy that we got a classic feel and look again. Plus, I don't think keeping sprint bothers me that much, especially considering this looks like it's gonna be open-world. Atleast it seems Spartan abilities are gone.

Game looks awesome. I see some of the technical flaws, like pop-in, but gameplay-wise it looks excellent. Looking forward to seeing how this open world setting pans out. Wish I had a 4K monitor to truly see how the game looks.

I am not sure if I will be able to get a Series X on launch, but if I do and Halo is available, I'm getting it right away.

I think it looks really cool and fun!

It does need work though I will say. From what I've heard, Seattle got hit hard by covid, and since 343 is in Seattle I can't imagine that they've been doing too hot. Not that that is an excuse for the problems shown in the video (which most of them are only seen under relentless scrutiny), but it would be foolish to suggest that covid hasn't had an impact on the game's development whatsoever.

Either way, ugly or not I'm sure I'll have a blast!

Looks pretty good but I'm not a fan of that yellow shield recharge effect. Kinda intrusive and out of place in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, qdash said:

Looks like shit. Halo 76. Brrrrr. Goddamn todays game industry. (

How does this look anything like Fallout 76?

1 hour ago, qdash said:

Looks like shit. Halo 76. Brrrrr.

Compared to what? This also has to run on Xbox One level hardware aswell. Blame 343 for not making it made for Series X.

1 hour ago, qdash said:

Goddamn todays game industry. (

Blanket complaint aside, what specifically are you disliking about it?

44 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

Perhaps the quality of materials? But every game out there today uses a PBR pipeline, where materials are created/crafted taking into account the roughness/wetness of a material as it is like in real life. So if games look samey today, that's why.

6 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

Judging by his past comments here it's probably just another sarcastic / joke comment 

E: Here's something that was brought up 2 days ago, Ray tracing update post launch.

They also intend to support this one with more updates for a long time post launch, they're planning to make it the last main title for at least 10 years.

Edited by sluggard

1 hour ago, sluggard said:

Judging by his past comments here it's probably just another sarcastic / joke comment 

That kind of commentary (''It looks like shit. Halo 76'') never really is funny. For all its faults, FallOut 76 was not an ugly game.*

*Except for indoors. Its as if PBR and general lighting was completely obmitted there.

24 minutes ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

This looks like an UE2 game. What the fuck.

This looks like pure hyperbole. Do you know how actual UE2 titles looked like, bar heavily customized ones?

Luckily for you and the tech lovers out there, Alex Battaglia of Digital Foundry explains why Halo Infinite looked so bad. Spoiler: Its the lighting.

I sunk around 7k hours into UT2004, and those visuals gave me HEAVY Torlan/Maelstrom/Aridoom vibes. Also, DNF 2003 footage.

The actual graphics really don't look that great, especially when its suppose to be THE showcase for a brand new console, but I think the gameplay looked solid.

I think part of the graphics problem is that it all looks kinda muddy/minimal. Its kinda flat and lacks detail.

I can also understand the UE2 hyperbole, its reminiscent of something like Pariah or the Onslaught maps in UT2k4, but this still looks a lot better.

I also don't think it running on original Xbox One is a valid excuse when there's a number of other games, open world or not, that look better that also run on Xbox One.

That said, I also think a lot of the issues with it can and will be fixed, the footage just looks like too early of a build.