Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
White

Replacement/Create Texture Question

I want to load a fairly large amount of patches and then create textures from them. I don't want to replace any Doom II textures but while editing I would like to disable them somehow so the only textures I see are the ones I loaded/created. Otherwise it becomes a major inconvenience.

Is this even possible? Or will I have to bear with it anyway? Thank you for your time.

Black/White

I know how to replace textures, etc. I want to know if it is possible to disable them (the Doom II textures) from appearing when I'm editing in Wadauthor so I only see the textures I created. It is more convenient this way. However, like I said before, I'm not sure this is even possible without replacing the existing ones.

Black/White

Well, yes, I think you can, if you remove all the DOOM II textures from the texture1 lump and keep only your new ones.

Another alternative is to name all your textures so that they are listed (and appear) together in WadAuthor's texture menu (for example, WHITE_01, WHITE_02, etc.) That way you can either scroll directly to your textures, or type in "w" in the space for texture name and it will take you to your textures.

Not having DooM2 textures available (e.g., by deleting DooM2 textures from the TEXTURE1 lump) has a down side. There are many DooM2 textures that are fairly generic, and can be used for non-DooM themed graphic conversions. Not having them available reduces your graphics options.

You could name all your textures the default Doom II names (GRAY1, MARBFACE, BROWNHUG, etc). That way, you'd have all your textures without the normal Doom II textures. Plus you wouldn't have to have the extra TEXTURE1 stuff in there.

I used to do that all the time. Replace a texture I was never going to use with something I wanted (EG: Replaced the red wall from Doom II with the brighter red wall from Ultimate Doom).

Nanami said:

I used to do that all the time. Replace a texture I was never going to use with something I wanted.

In his post White says: "I don't want to replace any Doom II textures"