Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASON-Z-

Extra gibbing animations?

Does anyone know if there are any mods that simply just add gibbing animations to demons like Pinkies, Barons, Mancubi, etc?

Just like the animations that Smooth Doom added for those Demons. But for regular unmodded Doom.

Just the gib animations, not any sort of gameplay modification.

Edited by ASON-Z-

If I'm correct, Smooth Doom does have an option to not add any gameplay modifications. But anyway:

Nash's Gore

and

Bolognese Gore Mod

I think those two are pretty much what you want. Beautiful Doom also adds more gibbing animations, and yes, it does change gameplay but you can select the ''vanilla'' setting so it doenst change your vanilla-mechanics.

10 hours ago, ASON-Z- said:

But for regular unmodded Doom.

As far as I know it's near impossible for alternative deaths just with DEHACKED. Did you mean you wanted a simpler mod for GZDoom? Endless' suggestions are good. I also raise you this mod: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=45723

It has alternative deaths, gibbing animations, and randomized decorations. However it changed a lot from last time I used this mod. It has all sorts of random unneeded modifications such as difficulty changes, new sounds, gameplay changes, etc that go against his original philosophy which was the same as what you wanted (a vanilla-styled mod), so I recommend looking through the version history in the original post and downloading some slightly older versions until you're satisfied.

1 hour ago, UndeadRyker said:

As far as I know it's near impossible for alternative deaths just with DEHACKED

Not now considering the additional support of Extended Dehacked (submodding format, which adds thousands of empty states for modders to use however they wanted) have been implemented into various popular ports like PRBoom+ and GZDoom.

6 hours ago, UndeadRyker said:

As far as I know it's near impossible for alternative deaths just with DEHACKED. Did you mean you wanted a simpler mod for GZDoom? Endless' suggestions are good. I also raise you this mod: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=45723

It has alternative deaths, gibbing animations, and randomized decorations. However it changed a lot from last time I used this mod. It has all sorts of random unneeded modifications such as difficulty changes, new sounds, gameplay changes, etc that go against his original philosophy which was the same as what you wanted (a vanilla-styled mod), so I recommend looking through the version history in the original post and downloading some slightly older versions until you're satisfied.

Yea, I had already given that a try, all that needless shit he added really pissed me off. But I never thought about checking older versions, will give it a go.

You can have smooth weapons in Vanilla aswell as BD weapons, but eh, even though its not what you stated, getting a snippet of BD in Vanilla might be interesting for you to check out, smooth anims and all: