Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taufan99

Nintendo's biggest data leak ever (aka GigaLeak)

This leak was insane. So much source code, so many crazy things from the archives that have surfaced.

Update, there's now been a second leak to surface online. This time it appears that this leak contains the source code for Doom 64 along with a version of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 2:
https://switcher.gg/s/nintendo-news/even-more-nintendo-leaks-n64-roms-megaleak-prototypes-and-games-source-code-downloaded/

I can't wait for these videos to surface online after people compile the code and get the games working...

Welp, that's definitely another big news. Although, wouldn't that source code be illegal for us to utilize, right?

@chownk

Archive links just in case Nintendo does something or you don't want to be tracked by 50+ ads and trackers:

1. https://archive.is/ksa5J (1st article, posted by @InDOOMnesia)
  2. https://archive.is/DTc4e (2nd article, posted by @chownk)

Real exciting stuff, this could mean big things for this community, especially the Doom 64 source ports!(see Dark Pulse's response) I personally am loving the prototype builds and I can't wait to see what this Ocarina of Time 2 thing is, but I have a hunch we just jumped the gun and it actually just meant Majora's Mask, or even the Master Quest for the Gamecube.

Edit: 

14 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Although, wouldn't that source code be illegal for us to utilize, right?

There is a Mario 64 PC Port that utilizes the Mario 64 source code (I think), so maybe there's something that can be done.

Edited by UndeadRyker : quick edit to respond and speculate

47 minutes ago, chownk said:

Update, there's now been a second leak to surface online. This time it appears that this leak contains the source code for Doom 64 along with a version of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 2:
https://switcher.gg/s/nintendo-news/even-more-nintendo-leaks-n64-roms-megaleak-prototypes-and-games-source-code-downloaded/

Confirmed that that's not Doom 64 - it's Dr. Mario 64.

unknown.png

Huh, so it turns out the dm64 folder is actually Dr. Mario 64, not D64. 😂

2 minutes ago, UndeadRyker said:

Right when I almost posted a new thread in Console Doom... 

At least you didn't get immediately bamboozled. :P

Woah, this is insane! As an avid fan of classic era Nintendo, just for the knowledge gained alone, I think this is amazing. Those Yoshi's Island prototypes are incredible!

The Pokemon MMO controlled with a GBA is so unreal, especially considering how limited Pokemon was online-wise during the DS era.

15 minutes ago, NoahRules said:

Speaking of Luigi. He was the one flipping us off the entire time. (This is real)

Edz0tmvXgAAw6Mz.png

luigirapeface.gif

I haven't seen a leak of biblical proportions even since drx leaked a FUCK TON of sega prototypes in 2008

>only mention of Star Fox and F-Zero are source code leaks of games we already knew about

FUUUUUUUUUCK

10 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

https://switcher.gg/s/news/massive-nintendo-gigaleak-surfaces-with-roms-canceled-games-and-much-more/

Knowing Nintendo, this will of course not end well. But knowing the internet, some people may have already saved it all and perhaps even made stuff out of it, like that Super Mario 64 PC port.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the SNES DOOM source release. :P

Nintendo fighting back would be making the rest of the second wave of new Smash fighters Fire Emblem characters. 

7 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Confirmed that that's not Doom 64 - it's Dr. Mario 64.

Given that Doom 64 was not developed by Nintendo, it makes sense.

3 hours ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

Nintendo fighting back would be making the rest of the second wave of new Smash fighters Fire Emblem characters. 

Nintendo trying to fight the internet will only result in thorough defeat. The stuff is out, it's too late to contain it.  If they try to do something it will only get worse.

2 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

Nintendo trying to fight the internet will only result in thorough defeat. The stuff is out, it's too late to contain it.  If they try to do something it will only get worse.

bruh twas a joke
of course they wouldn't do THAT

Interesting leaks to say the least.

Having said that, with a bit of googolfu you can find a lot of NDAed internal documentation regarding Wii and Wii U.

The latter machine has had a very long discussion detailing what the exact specifications of the Latte GPU are. Chipworks supplied a die shot even and even that was not enough to determine everything. Is it 320 shader cores, or 160?

As far as i come to understand, the NDA documentation lists the exact specifications, so colour my surprise that this has not popped yet.

I'm always super pumped about betas/alphas being leaked, it is going to be interesting seeing what wonders these files hide.

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Interesting leaks to say the least.

Having said that, with a bit of googolfu you can find a lot of NDAed internal documentation regarding Wii and Wii U.

The latter machine has had a very long discussion detailing what the exact specifications of the Latte GPU are. Chipworks supplied a die shot even and even that was not enough to determine everything. Is it 320 shader cores, or 160?

As far as i come to understand, the NDA documentation lists the exact specifications, so colour my surprise that this has not popped yet.

I expect this to cause 1:1 illegal Wii/Wii U clones to flood the market eventually.

I'm probably not as invested in this as others, I never had a Nintendo/SNES (I had the Master Systems and Mega-Drive/Genesis). I did play a lot of the games though as several of my friends had Nintendo's.

I still remember Nintendo creating the gold standard label for games in an effort to save the games market at the time. I'm well aware that they did a lot back then to try and save gaming in general after Atari/ET fiasco and the games market crash that soon followed. The details beyond that are a little fuzzy though, it was a long time ago and I can't be arsed to google it at the moment.

To be honest though, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.

Ugh, this sucks. I had a bad night (don't ask) and this just made it worse.

The soundtrack to the Mario Kart prototype

The d0nk3y

Some Mario world assets

1550003014_MessagesImage(53683035).png.2876b1aeb6aa518ebb09c872d0f9ab96.png

654868206_MessagesImage(526778373).png.15aa9e64e45b207afda226785cd87d23.png

1095626547_MessagesImage(488610053).png.103489c1a800a1a983ede14acdcc3e07.png

1172807815_MessagesImage(4195023418).png.878e007323e0270c418c511db8aa4b67.png

and the man himself

image.png.5b6482d04db0e1b4ab37e82f43c2804e.png

L U I G I

Edited by MLGari : luigi