Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bushpig2dope

Steve was Slain - 32map Boom Megawad Looking for Mappers! Join our new discord!

I'm considering getting into the project, but... isn't Boom format a bit too limited for this project? How are we going to make trees like the ones seen in MC? What about village houses? I guess the best solution would be using the pseudo-3d technique, with the black bottom and top.
And another thing, what version is the wad set in? Do we have to decorate the ocean as it is in 1.13?

16 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

I'm considering getting into the project, but... isn't Boom format a bit too limited for this project? How are we going to make trees like the ones seen in MC? What about village houses? I guess the best solution would be using the pseudo-3d technique, with the black bottom and top.
And another thing, what version is the wad set in? Do we have to decorate the ocean as it is in 1.13?

The boom limitations make for interesting concepts and solutions plus I also think it increases the audience of the wad. I'm thinking of making trees sprites, replacing the Doom trees.
Latest version we are using, so the Nether update. Decorate your ocean how you see fit! That's no huge concern :) 

1 hour ago, Bushpig2dope said:

The boom limitations make for interesting concepts and solutions plus I also think it increases the audience of the wad. I'm thinking of making trees sprites, replacing the Doom trees.
Latest version we are using, so the Nether update. Decorate your ocean how you see fit! That's no huge concern :) 

Ah I see. Is it okay if I use my own edits of the resource pack? for example; adding a big patch of dirt below a grass block, that way you can use it on surfaces like mountains, or a dirt house with the green top lol
By the way, sign me up for the project! I'll take Map04 

27 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

Ah I see. Is it okay if I use my own edits of the resource pack? for example; adding a big patch of dirt below a grass block, that way you can use it on surfaces like mountains, or a dirt house with the green top lol
By the way, sign me up for the project! I'll take Map04 

Oh for sure! Just send me the textures you create and I'll add them to the resource pack! I was actually planning on adding combined textures like that. Also cracked and mossy stone brick walls, etc etc

1.- I really love the idea of this project, and while I myself can not contribute much, I will really love to play it when it is released to the public, and I may try to test it somehow.

2.- STEVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

This looks cool, if I wasn't a lazy fuck who can't even barely start his own projects I'd give this a try. Wish the best of luck.

Awesome idea dude! I’m not the best mapper but I’d love to contribute to this. I’d like to make a nice little MAP02

3 minutes ago, LedIris said:

Awesome idea dude! I’m not the best mapper but I’d love to contribute to this. I’d like to make a nice little MAP02

Small, little maps are definitely welcome and any skill is fine! Glad to have you onboard!

50 minutes ago, lwks said:

This looks cool, if I wasn't a lazy fuck who can't even barely start his own projects I'd give this a try. Wish the best of luck.

Greatly appreciate the support man!

13 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I think maybe aiming for Boom compatibility may be a little difficult. I want an unlimited pallete as I've discovered using a limited one makes a lot of Minecraft textures look quite funky. I think what we'll do it map for Boom but run in GZDOOM. So it has a vanilla feel but isn't

I understand that, but now I have to ask - what compatibility settings will the maps be played with? Because I had some ideas for the MAP12 that would only work either in Boom, or with GZDoom's compatibility flags set to strict Boom.

the google drive mirror has some ask for access thing why is that?

EDIT: I might contribute a map idk I haven't made that many maps

Edited by Mr Masker

9 minutes ago, Willy W. said:

@Mr Masker
Click the "Resource" link, not the "mirror" link. It takes you to Mediafire and that download works.

why doesn't the other one work?

38 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

why doesn't the other one work?

My guess is that Bushpig2dope forgot to set it from private, and as it's the second link, nobody has really tried it until now.

Dam this is an awesome idea.
Sadly I don't have the skills and time to do this.

I will definitely follow this!

1 hour ago, Willy W. said:

My guess is that Bushpig2dope forgot to set it from private, and as it's the second link, nobody has really tried it until now.

would be nice if he fixed it since I dont really enjoy using Mediafire much

5 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Try now! Should be fixed thanks to @Willy W., didn't realise that was a thing!

cheers to you and Willy W! I might contribute a map once i get the hang of these new textures. I'll probably be somewhere around the overworld section.

With some help from Anarki I have finally figured out a way to make the resource pack fully compatible with GLBoom+. It's going to take some time and effort though and in the end some sections of already finished map will have to be retextured (mainly all the flats). But if you give me a day or two, I should be able to remake the entire thing.

I've been waiting for a PrBoom+/GLBoom+ compatible resource pack for a while now, so this is good news! The current download gives errors and makes it simply not viable to play the example map in the latest PrBoom+ version (regular and UMAPINFO). Once it's all ready, I'll get to work on my map; my work for The Modest Mapping Challenge 2 is nearly done, so it's quite manageable.

1 hour ago, PasokonDeacon said:

The current download gives errors and makes it simply not viable to play the example map in the latest PrBoom+ version

Thing is, it's impossible to make this compatible with PrBoom because of the colour palette messing up a lot of the textures. What I'm creating will only work in GLBoom+. And GZDoom as well, of course, but almost everything works in that.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:06 PM, SilverMiner said:

I see you need the water (and lava maybe) so here's it (23 KiB):

SWS Liquids by SilverMiner

Awesome! I'll update the official resource pack within the day!

12 hours ago, Mr Masker said:

Why does White Wool and snow both look like white concrete? or is that on my end?

It doesn't in game, just the editor can mess with some textures :)

5 hours ago, Samuel Slayer said:

I want in, this is awesome! Preferably in Overworld style! Say, can I get MAP03, for example?

100% man! I'll put you down!

4 hours ago, Willy W. said:

With some help from Anarki I have finally figured out a way to make the resource pack fully compatible with GLBoom+. It's going to take some time and effort though and in the end some sections of already finished map will have to be retextured (mainly all the flats). But if you give me a day or two, I should be able to remake the entire thing.

This is fantastic and I can't thank you enough. This is massive progress in this WADs life

51 minutes ago, nue said:

I would love to create a few maps for this project! Any specific spots or can we choose?

Just choose any free slot :)

4 hours ago, PasokonDeacon said:

I've been waiting for a PrBoom+/GLBoom+ compatible resource pack for a while now, so this is good news! The current download gives errors and makes it simply not viable to play the example map in the latest PrBoom+ version (regular and UMAPINFO). Once it's all ready, I'll get to work on my map; my work for The Modest Mapping Challenge 2 is nearly done, so it's quite manageable.

Would be a pleasure to have you on board. I'll do my best to summarise all changes made, update the resource pack and lift this project off the ground a little as soon as I get the time to do so :)

10 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Just choose any free slot :)

Ciunt me in for 11 and 24 (if multiple slots can be taken) if not then pick 24 over 11

Okay, so it took a lot of quite literal blood, sweat and tears, but the GLBoom compatible resource pack is finished.
minecraftres_glboom.zip

A lot of the things could have been done more efficiently, but it should still work. I haven't tested all the textures, but the ones I did worked, which doesn't mean it's necessarily 100% functional, so let me know if you find a bug or two.
Also do note that in any editor the textures will still display paletted and they're going to look really weird, but that should fix itself once you load it up in the actual game.

Btw is this acceptable? I used GhostPlayer's video as an example to create a map out of 32mp block grid to achieve the Minecraft look. So hopefully it fits the 1:1 Minecraft scale.

acceptable.jpg

Edited by Samuel Slayer