Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bushpig2dope

Steve was Slain - 32map Boom Megawad Looking for Mappers! Join our new discord!

10 hours ago, nue said:

Ciunt me in for 11 and 24 (if multiple slots can be taken) if not then pick 24 over 11

Sure thing! I'll put you down!

3 hours ago, Willy W. said:

Okay, so it took a lot of quite literal blood, sweat and tears, but the GLBoom compatible resource pack is finished.
minecraftres_glboom.zip

A lot of the things could have been done more efficiently, but it should still work. I haven't tested all the textures, but the ones I did worked, which doesn't mean it's necessarily 100% functional, so let me know if you find a bug or two.
Also do note that in any editor the textures will still display paletted and they're going to look really weird, but that should fix itself once you load it up in the actual game.

This is massive progress, I can't thank you enough. This project is really finding its feet and it makes me excited!

2 hours ago, Samuel Slayer said:

Btw is this acceptable? I used GhostPlayer's video as an example to create a map out of 32mp block grid to achieve the Minecraft look. So hopefully it fits the 1:1 Minecraft scale.

acceptable.jpg

Looks fine to me! If its 1:1 then all is good!

@Bushpig2dope Well, this is the result of the scale grid I'm working with. Hopefully you'll be pleased.

pleased.jpg.adb1b173a47053b8486bc4a482e18e84.jpg overworld.jpg.619bc45a8798a11f612bcb09e6df6903.jpg overworld2.png.a38076330c2f418023a7540cda9ed374.png  

dirthouse.jpg

P.S. Oh yeah btw this is just WIP. The level won't be empty like shown in these screens.

Edited by Samuel Slayer : added another pic for perspective comparison

well heres my map for now "Holes In The Planks". Call it somewhat simple but im still semi new to the doom modding world so if there are any issues I'll be happy to fix em. (btw the lapuis in the garden is a placeholder for water) 

Holes In The Planks.zip

UPDATED VERSION BELOW THIS ONE

image.png.523edd5f387937a756a146eab5c3c036.pngimage.png.51645860ea88d83146bc10e4a81417c5.png

Edited by Mr Masker : i made an update for it

@Mr Masker Played Holes In The Planks. Don't want to be that guy but I think you should fix the hall of mirrors -effect appearing on the wad when looking outside. The diagonal walls also break the internal Minecraft geometry logic for a level not set in the Cursed Craft. The level could do with some furnishing and details as well. Maybe add some more items and health too. I did find the soulsphere but the level feels a bit starved.

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152249.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152828.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152820.png

2 minutes ago, Samuel Slayer said:

@Mr Masker Played Holes In The Planks. Don't want to be that guy but I think you should fix the hall of mirrors effect appearing on the wad when looking outside. The diagonal walls also break the internal Minecraft geometry logic for a level not set in the Cursed Craft. The level could do with some furnishing and details as well. Maybe add some more items and health too. I did find the soulsphere but the level feels a bit starved.

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152249.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152828.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_152820.png

I shall get adding that stuff. also how come those screenshots for you show that sky? for me its the regular one

Welcome to Holes In The Planks the fix edition (not the fixed edition thats giving it too much hope) I added MORE decor, LESS diagonal lines, MORE health, MORE armour (rather than none of it), 1 LESS window cuz it was destroyed in The Great Fire of Diagonal Lines and I didnt bother putting it back and MORE Slade mapinfo with an actual music track this time (CREDIT TO JIMMY'S ABBANDONED MIDIS) have fun y'all!

Holes In The Planks.zip

I'll take map 26 unless there are any reservations. I'm also interested in making the 'Wool World' map 32 but I'd rather make an actual level rather than a secret level if I can only make one. 

I wonder who's gonna make the Dead Simple clone...

EDIT: if no one else does it I might... but we'll see

Edited by Mr Masker : i figured out the tag 666 thing

Hi! Here's a little MAP02 shot. I've been following the 32mp scale as best I can so I hope this is OK. The outside bit is still a WIP and is placeholder for now. I've managed to add little pressure plates too!

image.png.3e94ec52e05fcd316e3c1860be8be45b.png

Also wanted to say that I love the pictures I'm seeing!

Since there are people taking multiple slots, I had a stupid idea for MAP30... if I can pull it off right. But now that the texture pack is finally finished, I'll focus on the MAP12 first.

@nue I picked MAP12 because I was hoping to have a forced pistol start at the beginning of the chapter. Would you be able to do that for me please?

So, i was following the tread, and i get a little confuse, will be this megawad compatible with other boom compatible source ports aside from GlBoom+ and GZDoom?
If not, thats its a big let down as there are a lot of users that use Doom Retro, Eternity and Woof!

2 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

So, i was following the tread, and i get a little confuse, will be this megawad compatible with other boom compatible source ports aside from GlBoom+ and GZDoom?
If not, thats its a big let down as there are a lot of users that use Doom Retro, Eternity and Woof!

It's Boom: Doom2 compatibility so it should work.

41 minutes ago, Samuel Slayer said:

It's Boom: Doom2 compatibility so it should work.

20 hours ago, Willy W. said:

Thing is, it's impossible to make this compatible with PrBoom because of the colour palette messing up a lot of the textures.

Samuel, thats not what i asked, thanks anyway.
I was referencing to what Willy W. said.
I suppose that this is for the colours the minecraft texture uses. So they are using all the textures in PNG format

But wouldn't it be better to make a new palette making it compatible with any port that doesn't support .png files?
And changing a little the colours of the textures that really give problems while translating to the normal palette?

This way more users could have access to this project.
Its Boom compatible, but almost only playable in GZDoom and just recently compatible with GLBoom+

1 hour ago, Willy W. said:

@nue I picked MAP12 because I was hoping to have a forced pistol start at the beginning of the chapter. Would you be able to do that for me please?

So you cant do it? Sure, that means im doing 11, 12 and 24

@P41R47 You're right that the issue is with the PNGs - for this resource pack you need a source port that can use textures in PNG format and there really aren't that many of them. You could try to create a new palette, but from what I've seen the Minecraft textures are too varied in colours to palettise them without muddying some of them up. But as far as I know, GZDoom and Pr/GLBoom+ are the two most popular source ports, so making the wad compatible with these two should satisfy most players.

@nue No, I didn't mean that at all. I meant if you could place a death exit at the end of your MAP11, so that my MAP12 would have a forced pistol start, because I want to make a tyson map.

3 minutes ago, Willy W. said:

No, I didn't mean that at all. I meant if you could place a death exit at the end of your MAP11, so that my MAP12 would have a forced pistol start, because I want to make a tyson map.

Ah sorry for the misunderstanding, will do!

@Mr Masker Yes. But since you're already done with the map, why not give it more polish? Lot of the rooms are still a bit too empty. Decorations do wonders for game's enjoyability. And it had like, 5 rooms? Please give it 5 more rooms for a decent playtime a bit more than 5 minutes. And maybe a bit more monsters, please.

41 minutes ago, Samuel Slayer said:

@Mr Masker Yes. But since you're already done with the map, why not give it more polish? Lot of the rooms are still a bit too empty. Decorations do wonders for game's enjoyability. And it had like, 5 rooms? Please give it 5 more rooms for a decent playtime a bit more than 5 minutes. And maybe a bit more monsters, please.

sure I'll get to that

This is what I have so far. I thought about doing a sort of nature maze but I think I have to dumb it down to one area so that I can have a playable map ready soon. Otherwise it's taking too much time.

Screenshot_Doom_20200906_133937.png

If no one else wants to do the Dead Simple clone I have one for this that im working on alongside MAP04 so i might have MAP07