Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bushpig2dope

Steve was Slain - 32map Boom Megawad Looking for Mappers! Join our new discord!

44 minutes ago, Noris Kneecap said:

Not sure I'll be able to do this, but I'd like to try to make Map09. I have an idea of a plains biome with leafless trees and other elements that suggest abandonment.

MAP08 is open too so maybe someone or you could use it to segway from my map07 to your map

Dunno how but it would be nice

6 hours ago, StillChillBoi said:

HOW DO I APPLY

you just ask for a map slot... not that hard

10 minutes ago, Noris Kneecap said:

Is there really only one team? I wonder why this feature is so unused.

No idea either, but I assume this was originally only meant for Chocolate Doom developers & contributors.

There's yet another team as well, but it's private. AFAIK, the status is unchangeable unless you contact one of the administrators/moderators.

I can't wait to try this out with this upcoming mod of mine. This'll be a match made in heaven.

Ignore the fact that there's misplaced sounds. I think I could help with this project.

This is Holes in The Planks:"Improved" Edition 3D DX featuring Funky Mode!

I added a whole new section at the beggining that makes the section you saw before more of a latter half rather than most of the level, 1 new secret, many more enemies and different enemies in the existing sections to balance out the new beginning AND OTHER STUFF I GUESS!

May I just say that working on this map for Steve Was Slain has been quite the learning experience and im very grateful for it! maybe my mapping skills shall improve in the future after this but for now my trial and error as well as all the feedback I've recieved has helped out very well and I hope to make more doom maps and Community Project submissions in the future!

Maybe I'll update this more if stuff calls for it but for now... I gotta work on Map07

Holes In The Planks.zip

Edited by Mr Masker : fixed broken door and broken eleveators and more ammo plus fixed iron bars

57 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

This is Holes in The Planks:"Improved" Edition 3D DX featuring Funky Mode!

I added a whole new section at the beggining that makes the section you saw before more of a latter half rather than most of the level, 1 new secret, many more enemies and different enemies in the existing sections to balance out the new beginning AND OTHER STUFF I GUESS!

May I just say that working on this map for Steve Was Slain has been quite the learning experience and im very grateful for it! maybe my mapping skills shall improve in the future after this but for now my trial and error as well as all the feedback I've recieved has helped out very well and I hope to make more doom maps and Community Project submissions in the future!

Maybe I'll update this more if stuff calls for it but for now... I gotta work on Map07

Holes In The Planks.zip

Feedback: The textures on the sides of the doors are not lower unpegged, so they slide with the doors.

When I got to the wool room with the arachnotrons, I'm not sure if the switch in there did anything, unless I just missed something.

I left the yellow-key area and couldn't reopen the door from the outside.

10 minutes ago, Noris Kneecap said:

Feedback: The textures on the sides of the doors are not lower unpegged, so they slide with the doors.

When I got to the wool room with the arachnotrons, I'm not sure if the switch in there did anything, unless I just missed something.

I left the yellow-key area and couldn't reopen the door from the outside.

ok ill fix that stuff

1 minute ago, Noris Kneecap said:

@Mr Masker

I like the design of the map, it's unpredictable.

thanks! I tried a bunch of different things in the map but still with the theme of Minecraft's Woodlands Mansions

I'd love to participate in this, I am considering MAP15. I just hope that I will be able to make something that will match your artistic vision and that the maps by different people will be able to seem like an actual journey. Like, in Doom 2, you press the exit switch in MAP01 and then you end up in Map02, without any explanation as to how did you get transported there, given that there's no door or anything behind you when you appear there. Doom 1 left an impression of you actually travelling across the surface, because of the map screen and how there's usually a door behind you when you enter any level, at least in E1.

Now, are stock Doom 2 enemies going to be used? I believe that custom sprites and DEHACKED could definitely enhance this project; after all, you're Doomguy in Minecraft's world, that means he should be fighting against Minecraft's enemies. There's even more possibilities when MBF is used instead of regular Boom.

4 hours ago, KUBA18i said:

I'd love to participate in this, I am considering MAP15. I just hope that I will be able to make something that will match your artistic vision and that the maps by different people will be able to seem like an actual journey. Like, in Doom 2, you press the exit switch in MAP01 and then you end up in Map02, without any explanation as to how did you get transported there, given that there's no door or anything behind you when you appear there. Doom 1 left an impression of you actually travelling across the surface, because of the map screen and how there's usually a door behind you when you enter any level, at least in E1.

Now, are stock Doom 2 enemies going to be used? I believe that custom sprites and DEHACKED could definitely enhance this project; after all, you're Doomguy in Minecraft's world, that means he should be fighting against Minecraft's enemies. There's even more possibilities when MBF is used instead of regular Boom.

if you wanna contribute a map then go ahead my guy! I'm not the most skilled at mapping and yet I've gotten a good slot so go ahead man

@ALL

I'm so sorry for vanishing for a few days, IRL got kind of hectic for a little bit but I'm back on my pc. It's currently friday night in Australia for me so I'm going to chill out and have a big working day for this project tommorow (Saturday the 12th) as I'll have the time and energy. This will include the formation of a discord server, re-stating the rules of mapping, the compatibility and pushing out some more textures and compiling the resource cohesively. I loveeee the progress you guys are all making, the maps are looking so fantastic! The progress you guys have made honestly makes me super happy, in all honesty life has been kinda rough for me so this is such a nice thing for me to have going on right now. Sorry if that got a little cheesy but its true :)

On 9/6/2020 at 3:14 AM, RiviTheWarlock said:

I'll take map 26 unless there are any reservations. I'm also interested in making the 'Wool World' map 32 but I'd rather make an actual level rather than a secret level if I can only make one. 

Multiple maps are allowed, I'll update that rule :)

On 9/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, Samuel Slayer said:

This is what I have so far. I thought about doing a sort of nature maze but I think I have to dumb it down to one area so that I can have a playable map ready soon. Otherwise it's taking too much time.

Screenshot_Doom_20200906_133937.png

This looks stunning! I lovvveee the colour man!

On 9/8/2020 at 6:28 AM, Mr Masker said:

If no one else wants to do the Dead Simple clone I have one for this that im working on alongside MAP04 so i might have MAP07

Go for it! :)

On 9/6/2020 at 4:12 AM, Willy W. said:

Since there are people taking multiple slots, I had a stupid idea for MAP30... if I can pull it off right. But now that the texture pack is finally finished, I'll focus on the MAP12 first.

@nue I picked MAP12 because I was hoping to have a forced pistol start at the beginning of the chapter. Would you be able to do that for me please?

Hey, if you have an idea, go for it. I wont put you down just yet but feel free to request!

On 9/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, StillChillBoi said:

HOW DO I APPLY

Just ask for a map slot! Choose any not taken, download the resource and get mapping!

On 9/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, RiviTheWarlock said:

Some progress on Map 26. Not even nearly complete yet, but I thought you'd appreciate some of the pictures.

image.png.ff1782fa053f4fb3f22e38229b61413e.pngimage.png.b4c3adde5c78cb1751dd632fcf650991.png

I'm blown away, this is fantastic, I can't wait to play this!

On 9/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, Noris Kneecap said:

Here's Map09 Snow Fortress

Snow Fortress.rar

map09a.png.d1d67df963cec8a7b61ad3744a001e5b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200910_002656.png.48001e89e6e0db01bcb396db1deab023.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200910_002528.png.11374f6bf01c7acd63db401743152000.png

Yes I love this!! The face made in the floor really reminds me of something you'd find in a Minecraft world

On 9/10/2020 at 11:39 AM, KUBA18i said:

Well while I agree with custom sprites, I think we'll stick to Doom enemies. Decorations are welcome though! The idea of the story is that the Doom enemies invaded Minecrafts universe, killing Steve and ravishing the world. Buttttt if enough people agree and are willing to sprite we could totally add some enemies, maybe have a combination of Doom and Minecraft enemies or atleast replace the SS!
Also do map for this project! Your map will be welcome!

On 9/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Samuel Slayer said:

@Bushpig2dope Well, this is the result of the scale grid I'm working with. Hopefully you'll be pleased.

pleased.jpg.adb1b173a47053b8486bc4a482e18e84.jpg overworld.jpg.619bc45a8798a11f612bcb09e6df6903.jpg overworld2.png.a38076330c2f418023a7540cda9ed374.png  

dirthouse.jpg

P.S. Oh yeah btw this is just WIP. The level won't be empty like shown in these screens.

Love it man! Can just see myself blasting demons in those fields lol

On 9/6/2020 at 3:30 AM, LedIris said:

Hi! Here's a little MAP02 shot. I've been following the 32mp scale as best I can so I hope this is OK. The outside bit is still a WIP and is placeholder for now. I've managed to add little pressure plates too!

image.png.3e94ec52e05fcd316e3c1860be8be45b.png

Also wanted to say that I love the pictures I'm seeing!

Yes! Love the tech basey kinda vibes! Keep it up!

34 minutes ago, Senor500 said:

I'm loving the look of this, won't join but I wish you all best of luck on making this. 

RIP Steve. :(

Don't worry, you'll be able to avenge his soul when we publish the finished product!
Thanks for the interest :)

Hole in Planks DX New Super Funky Directors Cut yes yes Edition Featuring somethign idk

I made it "minecraft rule friendly" and I changed it to the new GLBoom texture pack which took a painful chunk out of my hours anyway ima update more on here toodeloo

Holes In The Planks.zip

Edited by Mr Masker