Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownloadTheseSweetViruses

Which Doom II enemy is worse than the arch-vile

In terms of enemies I love to hate, that definitely goes to The Triage of Asshole: Revenant, ArchVile and Lost Soul. These three get up my goat, but they can be deadly, especially when teamed up, which makes them great. As for enemies I have absolutely no love for whatsoever and wish they did not exist at all, well, that award goes to the Pain Elemental. Pain by name, pain by nature. This graphic Civvie11 made for his Doom II video really sums up my sentiments towards them perfectly.

Py4e0fi.png

None of them because they are all great and serve a purpose in the bestiary.

People should get over themselves and stop hating the enemies because they suck at dealing with them...

Just now, seed said:

None of them because they are all great and serve a purpose in the bestiary.

People should get over themselves and stop hating the enemies because they suck at dealing with them...

Really? I don't think anyone is saying we hate the enemies. Like for me with Revenants, they're a great enemy in the game, but I'm bad at fighting them. I hate fighting them cuz of that, but they're well designed and fair. That's what most people are saying here, not "OH ENEMY SUX I CANT FITE IT".

2 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek when I express my hatred for certain enemies. It's all in good fun :P

This exactly. Nobody really hates the enemies or we just wouldn't play.

I remember someone saying, that barons are just bullet sponges and I definitely agree with that. I'm aware, that barons were here since Doom 1, but they definitely slow down the gameplay, especially, when you combine them with some of the beefier Doom 2 monsters.

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Py4e0fi.png

poor elemental. i'd still hug him.

The Icon of sin, no question. The only circumstance where i can tolerate it is when it's used purely as a monster spawner gimmick like in HRs MAP32.

Oh, and John Romeros head being the "real" boss is admittedly a funny idea.

2 minutes ago, SchwTrdLeenW said:

The Icon of sin, no question. The only circumstance where i can tolerate it is when it's used purely as a monster spawner gimmick like in HRs MAP32.

Oh, and John Romeros head being the "real" boss is admittedly a funny idea.

To win the game you must kill me John Romero

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

In terms of enemies I love to hate, that definitely goes to The Triage of Asshole: Revenant, ArchVile and Lost Soul. These three get up my goat, but they can be deadly, especially when teamed up, which makes them great. As for enemies I have absolutely no love for whatsoever and wish they did not exist at all, well, that award goes to the Pain Elemental. Pain by name, pain by nature. This graphic Civvie11 made for his Doom II video really sums up my sentiments towards them perfectly.

Py4e0fi.png

The Pain Elemental is the real boss of Doom II

I actually love seeing an Elemental or two in a large fight. They are a great asset when you're trying to cause monster infighting in a particularly tough battle. 

1 minute ago, Final Verdict said:

I actually love seeing an Elemental or two in a large fight. They are a great asset when you're trying to cause monster infighting in a particularly tough battle. 

The Pain Elemental watches from a distance as monsters go berserk on his lost souls.

Chaingunners that snipe you from a long distance and not to mention their grin as they shoot away at you!

Pain Elementals are ass if you are in tight quarters, there's at least three of them, and your only weapon is a rocket launcher. 

Any combination or all of the above. 

For everyone talking smack about zombie guy, we need a 1 monster  all zombie guy challenge map. A painful homage to how miserable a carefully placed fodder enemies can make your day. 

Revenants by far, because the randomness of when they shoot a homing shot never fails to get me. Especially since the homing shot is remarkably persistent, and custom WADs love to throw a whole bunch of them at you at once.

Archviles are difficult but at least their behaviour and attacks are 100% consistent.

Chain gunner. I've said it before and I'll say it again...….

THE worst enemy in classic doom, in a good way. I mean, he's an absolute bastards bastard.  

4 hours ago, blob1024 said:

Pain Elementals

especially under uv-fast or Nightmare

rest doesnt panic me the same way.

Ugh. Especially if they start infighting with something, cuz that's even more common with fast monsters.

19 hours ago, SYS said:

For everyone talking smack about zombie guy, we need a 1 monster  all zombie guy challenge map. A painful homage to how miserable a carefully placed fodder enemies can make your day. 

Have you heard of [url=https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/noobs]Noobs.wad[/url]?

2 hours ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

Those guys are the reason I never play nightmare

Learn how to multi-quote. It's the "+" button right next to "Quote". That way, you don't make 15 replies, spamming up the thread.

51 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Learn how to multi-quote. It's the "+" button right next to "Quote". That way, you don't make 15 replies, spamming up the thread.

He's clearly just trying to boost his post count.  Going for that coveted Forum Spammer rank.