Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Scythe 2 arachno soundfont midis where to find

I want to know where to find scythe 2 midis that are in arachno soundfont the reason I'm asking for this is because I want to make a map with the map01 theme I found the sample of the map01 theme from this video 

Go to 1:36 for the midi if anyone knows thank you so much!

Heh, I know a thing or too about doing this. First of all, you need Slade (https://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads). Once you've got that installed, open scythe2.wad (...using slade) and you'll see a list of lumps. I don't recall what map the music is from, but make sure you know that cuz it's important. Here is a table (https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doom_II_music) of all Doom II maps and their respective music lumps. 

Once you have found the music lump for the map the song is in, look for it in the list of lumps. If it's a .mus file, it won't be of much use, so I'd convert it to midi (.mid). To do that, right click on the lump, select audio, and click convert mus to midi. From there, export the file to whichever directory you wish. Then you can go ahead with converting the midi to mp3 format with the Arachno soundfont.

Midi files tell the computer which rhythms to play at which time, etc. Mp3 files are much more different. That is why mp3's always sound the same (of course this statement doesn't account for the quality of a player) on any device, but midi's don't. That's due to the soundfont. Go ahead and upload your midi to https://solmire.com/midi-to-mp3. From there you can choose the Arachno soundfont, adjust bitrate, and more. Hope this helps, I would have done it for you if my computer wasn't messed up.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:30 PM, Starduster said:

Heh, I know a thing or too about doing this. First of all, you need Slade (https://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads). Once you've got that installed, open scythe2.wad (...using slade) and you'll see a list of lumps. I don't recall what map the music is from, but make sure you know that cuz it's important. Here is a table (https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doom_II_music) of all Doom II maps and their respective music lumps. 

Once you have found the music lump for the map the song is in, look for it in the list of lumps. If it's a .mus file, it won't be of much use, so I'd convert it to midi (.mid). To do that, right click on the lump, select audio, and click convert mus to midi. From there, export the file to whichever directory you wish. Then you can go ahead with converting the midi to mp3 format with the Arachno soundfont.

Midi files tell the computer which rhythms to play at which time, etc. Mp3 files are much more different. That is why mp3's always sound the same (of course this statement doesn't account for the quality of a player) on any device, but midi's don't. That's due to the soundfont. Go ahead and upload your midi to https://solmire.com/midi-to-mp3. From there you can choose the Arachno soundfont, adjust bitrate, and more. Hope this helps, I would have done it for you if my computer wasn't messed up.

i have converted it but it does not sound the same i might be doing something wrong but i hope someone can make me that same midi from the video

Just now, haruko haruhara said:

i have converted it but it does not sound the same i might be doing something wrong but i hope someone can make me that same midi from the video

That's the Arachno soundfont. However, since you mentioned using it in a wad, all you really is the exported midi file. The reason I included the mp3 conversion section was because you wanted to use that particular soundfont. If you need help changing the music, I would ask that in the editing section of the forums cuz I've never done that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

A MIDI file is a series of notes for various instruments, a little like sheet music. The sound font determines the sound of each note the instruments can play. So if you're using the same MIDI and Soundfont, it should sound similar if not identical. You're playing the same sheet music on the same instruments (in a simplified view -- I'm glossing over some nuances).

43 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

Do the instruments sound different? If so, it's probably not the same SoundFont.

4 minutes ago, JadingTsunami said:

A MIDI file is a series of notes for various instruments, a little like sheet music. The sound font determines the sound of each note the instruments can play. So if you're using the same MIDI and Soundfont, it should sound similar if not identical. You're playing the same sheet music on the same instruments (in a simplified view -- I'm glossing over some nuances).

Do the instruments sound different? If so, it's probably not the same SoundFont.

At the beginning of the midi mp3 it doesn't sound like what was in the video I wish Blake stone was still active so I can message him about it I just want that midi so badly I have chose arachno soundfont on the site were the other guy had linked 

Ha, I just finished Scythe 2 with Arachno, love me some Sisters of Mercy.

Anyway, a cheap way of doing this would be to download the Arachno Soundfont, mute SFX in the game, and use audio recording software to record the music, and have it exported to an MP3. The Arachno font has a level of gain that is a little too high by default IMO, this is part of what gives it that agressive sound. Try using CoolSoft VM if you know what that is, and mess with the Soundfont's settings in the audio menu in GZDoom.

After you have the MP3, you can use SLADE to import it to whatever map slot you want it in.

EDIT: Just started up Scythe 2 with Arachno, it sounds exactly like what is playing in the video in your post. If you have any trouble I can probably do it for you tonight.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan : Just a basic edit

On 8/3/2020 at 9:12 PM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Ha, I just finished Scythe 2 with Arachno, love me some Sisters of Mercy.

Anyway, a cheap way of doing this would be to download the Arachno Soundfont, mute SFX in the game, and use audio recording software to record the music, and have it exported to an MP3. The Arachno font has a level of gain that is a little too high by default IMO, this is part of what gives it that agressive sound. Try using CoolSoft VM if you know what that is, and mess with the Soundfont's settings in the audio menu in GZDoom.

After you have the MP3, you can use SLADE to import it to whatever map slot you want it in.

EDIT: Just started up Scythe 2 with Arachno, it sounds exactly like what is playing in the video in your post. If you have any trouble I can probably do it for you tonight.

please im making a wad atm an i want include it in map02 if you can thank you so much!

https://www.arachnosoft.com/main/download.php?id=soundfont-sf2
There’s the Arachno soundfont

https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth

This is VMS, a program that lets you listen to MIDI or convert to MP3 using a specific soundfont.

if you load the midi in VMS you can easily convert it to MP3. It’s probably best to know how to do it yourself, since you might want to do it again. You know, the old “teach a man to fish” thing.

I even made a tutorial, only takes 3 minutes!

Well, I am pretty sure that soundfont in that video isn't the Arachno soundfont. Far from it, in fact: its 2MBGMGSMT.SF2, which is one of the three soundfonts that Creative Labs made for the AWE32/AWE64 line, and continued to do so until the X-Fi cards came around. It's pretty small, so it's fine for low RAM usage.

... Unless you are refering to the fade-out, that is just a video editing effect.