Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Argent Agent

KUIPER - PrBooM+ Limit-Removing Wad

Hmm... That's quite interesting! Is the tower a big object or a big decoration (4 walls) with transparent spaces?

image.png.a385c751c4b0422cae0b668d424c6849.png

10 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

Hmm... That's quite interesting! Is the tower a big object or a big decoration (4 walls) with transparent spaces?

image.png.a385c751c4b0422cae0b668d424c6849.png

The tower's scaffolding is composed of multiple linedefs so that the size of the tower decreases with height.

Those screenshots are super interesting, definitely not run of the mill stuff! I’ll be really keen to see this up close once there’s a public release.

Screenshots are looking quite sweet! I'll keep an eye peeled. c:

Holy mother of visplane overflow! Those screenshots (especially the first one) look amazing! How much work did all that sector decoration take??

On 9/27/2020 at 5:54 AM, Dimon12321 said:

How is it going, Agent?

Work is a bit slow as of late; University has kept me busy.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, Pechudin said:

Holy mother of visplane overflow! Those screenshots (especially the first one) look amazing! How much work did all that sector decoration take??

It took a while; the ship I just traced over a blueprint for a runabout, though.

It's been a while since I've given a status update for this wad! A lot of other stuff has been happening in life, from university to side projects. Anyways, here is a small preview of MAP06 just to show that this project is not dead.

T9Gtipi.png

Another year has gone by and I think it is time for a status update on where things stand with this project.

Work on my doctorate has kept me pretty busy since I started on it a couple of summers ago, though this upcoming spring might be slightly less busy and I may be able to fit some room in to work on maps for this project. I've also been working on a side project which has eaten up a little bit more of my spare time, but the scale of that project is a bit smaller than this one. Dealing with off-and-on burnout has also been difficult for making progress, though I haven't been feeling as burnt out on making maps lately.

Anyways, as for where Kuiper is going, I've decided that given the limitations of DEHACKED for complevel 9 that I will be adapting this project to use the MBF21 standards, specifically for the extended DEHACKED. Monster behavior, weapon properties, and player properties will be modified further and will be elaborated upon once there in a somewhat complete form. A decorate counterpart is in the works for ZDoom-based port compatibility which will be used as a base to generate the extended DEHACKED. Cooperative support is still a must for me, though currently the only port that supports MBF21 with multiplayer is Odamex at the moment and I am hoping that this will change in the future, especially for demo-compatible ports (especially since these maps will play somewhat differently in multiplayer).

Work is ongoing in the background at the moment. Work from my secret side project (not so secret if you're in the Mechanix Union Discord) will be used for this project as well. Stay tuned for more!!

44 minutes ago, Argent Agent said:

Cooperative support is still a must for me, though currently the only port that supports MBF21 with multiplayer is Odamex at the moment and I am hoping that this will change in the future, especially for demo-compatible ports (especially since these maps will play somewhat differently in multiplayer).

Not anymore, Woof (and I assume Nugget Doom) can record MBF21 multiplayer demos now!

2 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Not anymore, Woof (and I assume Nugget Doom) can record MBF21 multiplayer demos now!

I'd advise NOT to use Nugget Doom for demos yet. As stated in both its thread and README, it hasn't been put under thorough testing for compatibility yet. It might work just fine, but I personally wouldn't take the risk. Many of its features can't be used in demos and net play anyways.

Phew, PhD work can be difficult and take a lot of time, but I've been getting back on the ball with getting this wad closer to completion. Here's some of the latest content being worked on.

XcJaJa8.png

QUEUJwu.png

mRg5j7o.png

e7fcT40.png

f3gqA57.png

MeXKTOu.png

22 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

Phew, PhD work can be difficult and take a lot of time, but I've been getting back on the ball with getting this wad closer to completion.

Is your PhD work on Doom mapping by any chance? ;)

Looks awesome!

13 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Is your PhD work on Doom mapping by any chance?

You can do a PhD on Doom mapping?!

WHERE?!?!

3 hours ago, MFG38 said:

You can do a PhD on Doom mapping?!

WHERE?!?!

On doomworld.com, and a cacoward is a red diploma =P

How many times I don't look at Screenshots of this future Project, but I increasingly want to play it as soon as possible and express my opinion about it!

I hope it will be released in 2024.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:53 PM, Blacklight said:

How many times I don't look at Screenshots of this future Project, but I increasingly want to play it as soon as possible and express my opinion about it!

I hope it will be released in 2024.

Thankfully, my coursework is finished so I am able to dedicate more of my time towards working on maps. I've been working hard on MAP08; there is still plenty to do, but thankfully much of the layout is complete. Here is some of what I have been working on as of late!

0AG1S0x.png

xpgsXTv.png

NxKc956.png

Og0ctJ0.png

57Zzogv.png

9kHfuNS.png

Progress on this wad is looking sweet, looking forward to the final product!