Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatup876

What is the most obscure piece of Doom merchandise?

I'm talking about official stuff unless some non-official stuff is interesting enough to be brought up.

But to me, it might as well be this snow board with unique artwork.

I haven't seen a higher quality image of it or it even being used by someone.

It even gives Doomguy a green helmet before the Praetor suit.

As of writing this, while i googled: WAIT A MINUTE I FOUND A BETTER IMAGE BY REDDIT USER ziggerknot HOLY SHIT!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/fhbof4/figured_you_all_would_appreciate_my_doom_snowboard/

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/411616604812636160

forgotten snowboard of doom.jpg

holyshit.jpg

It probably was the “Pinky” action figure that was made as a tie-in with the original Doom movie. I say “was” because it’s only thanks to Marphy Black that anyone knows about it nowadays!

57 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

It probably was the “Pinky” action figure that was made as a tie-in with the original Doom movie. I say “was” because it’s only thanks to Marphy Black that anyone knows about it nowadays!

Kinda disappointed that you didn't turn out to own a Doom toaster or something.

I don't think there's a Doom toaster (well, other than the Plasma Gun), but this guy got pretty close:

I thought by Doom toaster, it was something like the Parappa the Rapper toaster but with Doomguy's face in the bread.

I can't speak for the entirety of the Doom community, but I'd love to have this old gem- the id Anthology for DOS.

That cover is fantastic! Very stylish, like a twisted, dark album cover.... only 10,000 copies worldwide were made. Might not be a universal want, but I think everybody has their collector's holy grail.

240918-id-anthology-dos-front-cover.jpg

Edited by Hellektronic

2 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

@Hellektronic That boxset had one hundred thousand units made not just ten thousand.

I've read there were only 10,000 sold, but I really can't say for sure. All I know is that it's cool and I want it.

55 minutes ago, fraggle said:

I have a copy of the French version of Doom II.

For the command line utilities, your DOSBox is not in the proper codepage, resulting in some Greek characters where accented chars should be.

E.g. on this one: https://soulsphere.org/img/doom2f/sshots/readme.png

"dθtails" instead of "détails", "Ωtes" instead of "êtes", "α" instead of "à", and even "gΓchθe" instead of "gâchée"...

54 minutes ago, Hellektronic said:

I've read there were only 10,000 sold, but I really can't say for sure. All I know is that it's cool and I want it.

That number has never been confirmed but it's something people have thought for a while now but Mike Wilson saying there were fifty thousand copies of the original print and one hundred thousand for the boxset would suggest the amount is actually 100k not just 10k.

I get this is an old thread but the one pictured is mine here is a higher detailed version of the front as well as the back. Stumbled on this accidentally looking up my username lpl

20210317_161536.jpg

20210317_161605.jpg