Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ckejo

Self-hosting a Zandronum/Odamex/ZDoom server

Hello everyone. I've recently gotten my hands on some old hardware that is still alive and kicking and was wondering how to make a server for my friends so that the host machine automatically transfers any WAD that I decide to put in (e.g. deathmatch map packs, custom campaigns etc), since I see many servers are able to do that. Is Zandronum/Odamex/ZDoom able to automatically transfer the necessary add-ons? Or do I need some sort of FTP server for that?

Basically, if your server can be reached through a web browser, all you need to do is have a directory with dir listing enabled where all the wads/pk3s are, and set that in the server's "website" area. When trying to connect, the first site that will be checked for wads is whatever you put in that field, so if it's a direct link to a folder with all the wads, they should be found easily. This is all assuming they're either using Doomseeker or Doom Explorer to connect.

21 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Basically, if your server can be reached through a web browser, all you need to do is have a directory with dir listing enabled where all the wads/pk3s are, and set that in the server's "website" area. When trying to connect, the first site that will be checked for wads is whatever you put in that field, so if it's a direct link to a folder with all the wads, they should be found easily. This is all assuming they're either using Doomseeker or Doom Explorer to connect.

TYVM!