Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IrOn7HuB

More rare DOOM 4 1.0 content and concept art

And also looking a lot more sinister than in Eternal.

The whole tone and atmosphere emanated from that art feels a lot more ominous. It shows that Doom 3 DNA was splattered all over that game, but then so is the case of 2016, which still has plenty of it.

This is a cool thread, thanks for sharing.

I think I prefer the versions of Doom we have however I too would like to see this released as a different title / universe.

As Eurisko said, the city pics definitely give me a Gore Nest Eternal vibe.

I think it might have been a bit okay if we could play at least one executable of this such iteration. Of course the more modern approach may be off-putting, but I still wonder if there are any other ideas that could be/have been good.

I also found these two interesting pictures.

It appears that the helmet wasn't cooked alongside the armor to optimize ingame polygons.
This assault rifle appears on the cutting room floor website.

The armor can be extracted from the Multiplayer Alpha files from the 2016' game. I wish someone can put it together to see how the model actually looks like.

doom 4 guy.png

doom 4 1.0 as reticle.png

I love this stuff, honestly, Doom 4 is one of the most interesting unreleased games ever to me. I feel like a lot of it is still shrouded in mystery, and a lot of the ideas seem really neat. You kind of insinuate here it would play like Doom 2016 but with "regenerating health" etc, but honestly, I think it would have played REALLY differently from 2016, because from what we've seen of actual gameplay (the noclip documentary on Doom 2016) we know it was a lot slower paced, and I imagine it may have played a bit like RAGE, or DOOM 3. I don't really have a problem with this, I can play more modern shooters and still have a good time.

8 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

I love this stuff, honestly, Doom 4 is one of the most interesting unreleased games ever to me. I feel like a lot of it is still shrouded in mystery, and a lot of the ideas seem really neat. You kind of insinuate here it would play like Doom 2016 but with "regenerating health" etc, but honestly, I think it would have played REALLY differently from 2016, because from what we've seen of actual gameplay (the noclip documentary on Doom 2016) we know it was a lot slower paced, and I imagine it may have played a bit like RAGE, or DOOM 3. I don't really have a problem with this, I can play more modern shooters and still have a good time.

That is why health generation and usage of equipment would affect the gameplay. I agree with the fact that it would immediately become slow paced, or similar to a "Generic shotter from early 2010's". Still, you made a good point it would've been similar to Doom 3 or RAGE that made testers to experience the "generic" and "scripted" feel.

@IrOn7HuB Holy crap! Is there anything you can't find! That's amazing! You mentioned a vimeo video. Do you know where to find it, or do you have a link?

51 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

@IrOn7HuB Holy crap! Is there anything you can't find! That's amazing! You mentioned a vimeo video. Do you know where to find it, or do you have a link?

This was the animated pitch that became the idea of glory kills back in 2013. It used 2 weapons that belong to the original version of the game, and one of them was the 9mm. You can notice how the monsters remained somewhat unfinished because of hell on earth's cancellation.

Edited by IrOn7HuB

Figured this thread is a good opportunity to ask: 

Has anyone backed up that cutscene where the player emerges from a medical tent and talks to the Augustus character about the toll the demon invasion has taken on Earth's population?

Guys. I've found a very rare ingame footage from the chainsaw.

Edited by IrOn7HuB

Those audio tracks... such a blast to the past. I remember when those got leaked, I actually liked them (not that they're bad or anything) but I'm glad the new DOOM went on a totally different direction.

1 hour ago, Gothic said:

Those audio tracks... such a blast to the past. I remember when those got leaked, I actually liked them (not that they're bad or anything) but I'm glad the new DOOM went on a totally different direction.

I totally agree with you. Restarting fresh with the DOOM series made great things to remember that the game has a personality ever since the past. I enjoy DOOM 2016 so much than i still won't stop playing until this day. DOOM Eternal is another good game, but it's not as good as 2016'. I wish Eternal had a PvP multiplayer. It's all about the player's choice for the sake of replayability and not because you want to remain pure to be against new ideas.

Imagine if DOOM 4 (1.0) came out. It could've been close to be a generic shooter. Promising ideas and steps to improve the player's experience with a new "Hell on Earth" take. Many fans want to experience new concepts that would expand the lore of the game like DOOM 3 did. I really wish the game got transported to another studio because of how much material got created, and many of it was never seen at the light of day. Unless any 1.0 build gets leaked.(Basically an unpopular opinion)

Neat, I kind of wish this could have seen the light of day, it may not have been as unique as what we ended up with but would have still been interesting as a sort of spin-off or a different title maybe.

This is amazing! The more I see, the more I wish this was the game they made instead of what they did. It looks looks like it would have been the gameplay and artistry of rage which was really fun in terms of combat and visuals. I would have loved to see the depiction of hell on earth they could have achieved with idtech 5.

Okay. This is the biggest finding i made so far: It's a Multiplayer mode footage Id Software did not want you to see:

https://puu.sh/GgOUO/3fce3545df.mp4

Does the map look familiar to you? To refresh your memory, the multiplayer map also appeared on the 2013 glory kill video concept.
It looks like the game was in a pre-alpha status before testers explained their opinion about the game, saying "It didn't feel like a Doom game."
It's understandable the fact that the game, and the decision for a reboot, despite the ideas being thrown around that would not execute the feel of the classics. Still, for me, anything related to DOOM will be always something i can admire and play for years. I would want to play this version of the game for how much content was in there, and how much work put into it was scrapped and done for nothing. At least their workers were paid and they also had the decision to whether leave or join to work the restart of the project (This was mentioned on the Noclip documentary.)

So you would have had to fight both human enemy forces and demonic forces at the same time? A pretty neat idea, if I do say so myself.

I dig the style, but the gameplay is generic.

Almost everything i see is more like 25% Doom, 60% FEAR 2 and 3. 15% CoD.

It's make me glad that this exist, but im more glad that they heared their complaints, and rebooted to what we know as Doom 2016.

11 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

So you would have had to fight both human enemy forces and demonic forces at the same time? A pretty neat idea, if I do say so myself.

Sounds exactly like the Multiplayer mode we have in 2016'

Ever since the first time I saw that combat system previs, I always wished that 2 headed, 4 armed zombie thing had made it into the final product. It's such a deliciously creepy, hellish zombie variant. This is a great thread, thanks for finding/sharing all of this!

18 minutes ago, IrOn7HuB said:

Sounds exactly like the Multiplayer mode we have in 2016'

Ah, shoot. Didn't remember the 2016's MP mode honestly.

I much prefer this semi-realistic style to what we got which is more fantasy. Love the smouldering hi-rises in the background too. Please, IrOn7HuB, keep this great stuff coming!

3 hours ago, TheGamePhilosophe said:

I wish this was the game they made instead of what they did. 

As cool as this is, This type of game would have been buried and forgotten with all the other Gritty Hollywood Military Shooters that came out.

The reason people still remembers DOom 2016 to this day is that it was Different from all the Triple A Shooters (third and First person) coming out during the start of the 2010s (Metro, Battlefield, and the like), it was arcady, Flashy and outlandish and felt less like a Hollywood blockbuster with gameplay.