Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
random_soldier1337

Unused Glory Kills Mod

I'd actually like to draw attention to the one with the glowing hand and psychic powers. No wonder it got cut out but man it was cool as hell. I wonder if there are a lot of Star Wars fans on the team. No wonder we got a 'demonic' lightsaber in eternal.

Edited by random_soldier1337

I like the imp chest glory kills, especially that telekinetic one. But I can see why they got cut too; they take a little bit more time which can slow down the entire experience to some degree.

They don't seem particularly slow but that's just my opinion. At least they aren't God of War slow. I know some people keep going on about the gore in that not realizing how much it slows you down and takes you out of the game.

Huh, so it seems like that at one point, the guns were going to be used in the glory kills. Funnily enough, one of my requests for D2016 was to actually have gun-based glory kills (for example, using the butt of the Chaingun to cave in a Hell Knight's skull or forcing a Mancubus to literally eat rockets).

Aside from that, these are actually pretty solid, and I kind of want to see a "Director's Cut" of Doom 2016 that adds more content like this.

EDIT: It seems like with that one telekinetic glory kill, perhaps it was also planned for the Slayer to directly use Argent Energy itself as a weapon?

Edited by Man of Doom

Perhaps having unique kills for each gun was too much work? Guns x Enemies= ?

I know i was hoping for multi enemy kills in eternal but maybe enemies2 is why it never happened just like above case

This is actually pretty cool, they were much more varied during development it seems, and mostly the same speed, they don't look slow to me at all.

But it's obvious why some of them were cut, the Force Execution was a completely overdone gimmick.

Some of these are really good and quick so I'm confused as to why they were removed.

The shotgun glory kill and telekinesis do suggest some interesting directions for the game. Actually I always thought if id Software made another Quake (more aligned to Quake 2) they would include glory kills which are gun specific.

I like the final one as well, with all them punches. 

Shame these got cut. They all looked very cool especially the psychokinetic one.

Would have been good if there was a sphere power up which gave you the ability of Psychokinesis for a limited amount of time and be able to pull off glory kills like that from a distance.

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

Some of these are really good and quick so I'm confused as to why they were removed.

The shotgun glory kill and telekinesis do suggest some interesting directions for the game. Actually I always thought if id Software made another Quake (more aligned to Quake 2) they would include glory kills which are gun specific.

I like the final one as well, with all them punches. 

Probably on account of if you made it for the shotgun then why didn't you make it for the other guns? And if you made it for guns in one game, why didn't you make new ones for all the weird new ones in the new game? If you notice even a lot of the newer animations are similar many times to the older animations. Either they can reuse animations or reuse them with minimum tweaks.

Nice, I wonder if they'll ever consider adding gun glory kills, it might be too much work with all the different demons and weapons but would be nice to have a few here and there. Also lol that telekinesis kill.

Edited by sluggard