Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raleigh

Doomers, what wads you found on internet were offensive or a bad taste?

Yep, as per title say. I don't know if there were more threads like this (I'm new here tbh).

Anyway, I'll start. For me was that wad I saw on moddb maybe was about corona and your mission was infect people or something alike.

I mean we can't exactly forget the wads by one of the columbine shooter just on principle alone.

1 hour ago, Gradius said:

I mean we can't exactly forget the wads by one of the columbine shooter just on principle alone.

Not to mention it's actually quite a poor wad as well. And to quote DoomWiki "Harris's UAC Labs WAD contains comments which appear somewhat disturbing in retrospect. For example, the description ends, "Good luck marine, and dont forget, KILL 'EM AAAAALLLL!!!!!", while the copyright section threatens, "You may NOT change a damn thing with this WAD, if you do, i will blow you up"." Surely one would find warning signs just based on the description alone.

9 hours ago, Raleigh said:

For me was that wad I saw on moddb maybe was about corona and your mission was infect people or something alike.

The mod was pretty fun and I remember the author clearly stated that it's just humor to make things happier.

Anyway, I think this would be Doom 3: Mr Smiley Head's Safari

or just any terrywads in general.

I do remember playing on Skulltag servers a multiplayer Boss-Arena WAD named as...NEDM. Yes, this.

Who didn't know, NEDM stands for "Not Even Doom Music", which is a shock content meme. Pretty violent, and is about killing real cat.

Well, the WAD itself wasn't about making particular thing, you're fighting a giant cat head (like The Cheshire Cat) on a big arena. This head shoots at you different fireballs in big ammount. It was a pretty dumb mod, and I didn't find it offensive. Even more, I didn't knew about NEDM meme when I've played it.

Very interesting, I can't find the WAD itself anywhere. Not a big deal, I don't want to play it anymore.

Rootpain is a wad in which you enter a uterus and fight an embryo with literally billions of health (mdk won't even kill it, you have to bind mdk to the mouse wheel to even stand a chance) to morbidly abort it.

Sounds like a joke and it didn't do much to upset me but it is played deadpan serious and is legitimately terrible to experience due to the immense raw edge mixed with the awful gameplay.

Here is a video I found on it:

3 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Rootpain is a wad in which you enter a uterus and fight an embryo with literally billions of health (mdk won't even kill it, you have to bind mdk to the mouse wheel to even stand a chance) to morbidly abort it.

Sounds like a joke and it didn't do much to upset me but it is played deadpan serious and is legitimately terrible to experience due to the immense raw edge mixed with the awful gameplay.

image.png.bdbcc5ead38abae4a5eb4a3f60c4adfc.png

Rootpain 3: Buttpain 2 is the best.

Also, I've played maps where the author explicitly states jumping and crouching is required, but said author didn't design the maps correctly and half the places you jump/crouch you get softlocked or go outside the map. Or maps where jumping is required, but only in one section.

The wad made in Argentina to promote abortion by killing a big baby sprite with a hanger.
I remember it made into the news. 
I'm not against abortion but the map was just disgusting. I don't remember the name, luckly.

3 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

The wad made in Argentina to promote abortion by killing a big baby sprite with a hanger.
I remember it made into the news. 
I'm not against abortion but the map was just disgusting. I don't remember the name, luckly.

FETITO.wad per chance?

https://rumpel.itch.io/doom-fetito

23 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Yes, pretty cringe, (Translation: Little fetus)

Can't even begin to imagine how the author thought this was a good case for abortion as it looks more like a propaganda piece against it.

1337.Wad, This Wad sucks.

The level design, The Gameplay...

The first Map starts with STARTAN1 Textures, Alot of Zombies, BFGs and Megaspheres...

Here, Suffer:

Edited by HitBoi64

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Can't even begin to imagine how the author thought this was a good case for abortion as it looks more like a propaganda piece against it.

You won't ever understand Argentina, trust me.

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Fun/horrible fact: the author supposedly made this as a personal (suicidal?) wish after a drama following his previous mod (actually not a drama, it's more that he couldn't accept criticism regarding it).

4 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Do they hate Fetuses? XD

6 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Argentines are known throughout Latin America for a level of arrogance that surpasses entire galaxies.

2 hours ago, Master O said:

Argentines are known throughout Latin America for a level of arrogance that surpasses entire galaxies.

Youre racist

1 hour ago, Orake said:

Youre racist

Argentines are not a race. They're a nationality.  So more accurately, I would simply be a jerk.

9 minutes ago, Master O said:

Argentines are not a race. They're a nationality.  So more accurately, I would simply be a jerk.

Cuantas Copas tenes che!?

In topic, im sure for me is Grezzo because is was made popular in news and people website some years ago because a famous Youtuber xP

17 hours ago, Salahmander2 said:

Not to mention it's actually quite a poor wad as well. And to quote DoomWiki "Harris's UAC Labs WAD contains comments which appear somewhat disturbing in retrospect. For example, the description ends, "Good luck marine, and dont forget, KILL 'EM AAAAALLLL!!!!!", while the copyright section threatens, "You may NOT change a damn thing with this WAD, if you do, i will blow you up"." Surely one would find warning signs just based on the description alone.

No harm, but I think you're a little off here.

I don't profess to be an expert on Harris, but I have personally witnessed seemingly normal people completely lose their grip on reality. It happened to a friend on mine called Ray (omitting his surname for obvious reasons) when I was a teenager, he was a nice person and totally harmless. It's a very long story but I'll give the abridged version below.

Ray slowly lost his mind to paranoid schizophrenia over some conspiracy he made up in his mind. Over several months he started to become obsessed with this paranoid delusion and tried to stab another friend with a kitchen knife, accusing him of being an imposter. A week or two later he took his fathers car keys and tried to run us all over. He was sectioned but broke out and stole a doctors car from the parking lot.

He died that same night in a crash after breaking a police checkpoint. Ray was just 16 years old.

Obviously there is more to it than that, but I don't want to go on a rant about it as that was a dark time in my life. Within a year of his death most of my friends soon followed him into the grave (suicide/drugs).

Point is he was otherwise an average person and well liked before this happened. He did well at school and didn't touch drugs. In short he was the last person you would think capable of murder. And yet that is exactly what he tried to do, several times. When you witness something like that, you begin to understand why people in the past thought it was possession.

I'm not making excuses for Harris, what he did was an unforgivable act. However, it is never as black and white as you think.

When people lose their grip on reality it is never a pleasant experience to watch it unfold. The person you knew is buried under layers of paranoia and delusions, and they can no longer separate reality from fiction. You might think you can reach them or talk sense into them, but it's easier said than done. Until you've seen it with your own eyes, you cannot truly appreciate how disconnected from reality people can get.

Ray thought he was doing the right thing, he truly believed he was saving mankind from an imaginary threat. Except for him it wasn't fiction, it was fact. He believed in it so completely that he was willing to give his life for it.

Never underestimate belief, it is a powerful weapon regardless of the manner in how it's used. Once that person believes what they're doing is righteous, then very little will stop them. In extreme cases only death can stop them. Even then the idea can live on if others pick up that torch.

Look around you for proof, the world is full of such legacies. Both good and bad.

Just now, Final Verdict said:

No harm, but I think you're a little off here.

I don't profess to be an expert on Harris, but I have personally witnessed seemingly normal people completely lose their grip on reality. It happened to a friend on mine called Ray (omitting his surname for obvious reasons) when I was a teenager, he was a nice person and totally harmless. It's a very long story but I'll give the abridged version below.

Ray slowly lost his mind to paranoid schizophrenia over some conspiracy he made up in his mind. Over several months he started to become obsessed with this paranoid delusion and tried to stab another friend with a kitchen knife, accusing him of being an imposter. A week or two later he took his fathers car keys and tried to run us all over. He was sectioned but broke out and stole a doctors car from the parking lot.

He died that same night in a crash after breaking a police checkpoint. Ray was just 16 years old.

Obviously there is more to it than that, but I don't want to go on a rant about it as that was a dark time in my life. Within a year of his death most of my friends soon followed him into the grave (suicide/drugs).

Point is he was otherwise an average person and well liked before this happened. He did well at school and didn't touch drugs. In short he was the last person you would think capable of murder. And yet that is exactly what he tried to do, several times. When you witness something like that, you begin to understand why people in the past thought it was possession.

I'm not making excuses for Harris, what he did was an unforgivable act. However, it is never as black and white as you think.

When people lose their grip on reality it is never a pleasant experience to watch it unfold. The person you knew is buried under layers of paranoia and delusions, and they can no longer separate reality from fiction. You might think you can reach them or talk sense into them, but it's easier said than done. Until you've seen it with your own eyes, you cannot truly appreciate how disconnected from reality people can get.

Ray thought he was doing the right thing, he truly believed he was saving mankind from an imaginary threat. Except for him it wasn't fiction, it was fact. He believed in it so completely that he was willing to give his life for it.

Never underestimate belief, it is a powerful weapon regardless of the manner in how it's used. Once that person believes what they're doing is righteous, then very little will stop them. In extreme cases only death can stop them. Even then the idea can live on if others pick up that torch.

Look around you for proof, the world is full of such legacies. Both good and bad.

Alas I don't quite fully know of the situation prior so I can understand if I have been a bit off. I hate the idea of completely losing myself, or worse, watching someone I know do just that. I can't how traumatising it was for you to merely know about it.

22 minutes ago, Salahmander2 said:

Alas I don't quite fully know of the situation prior so I can understand if I have been a bit off. I hate the idea of completely losing myself, or worse, watching someone I know do just that. I can't how traumatising it was for you to merely know about it.

It's fine. I think I just got carried away, a lot of messed up stuff from that time was swirling around in my head. Still, I feel I owe you an apology. 

There was no way for you to know so I'm the one that must apologise here. I came across as a little forceful and it was not my intention. I just got a little animated about it due to past events in my own life.

Edit: I should point out that as I said it doesn't excuse what Harris did. I have little sympathy for him. I was merely trying to point out that it's often more complicated than that.

I think that Whitemare 2 MAP30 "Operation Antimaydan", made by Shadowman, is pretty distasteful, both in its name and theme. Completely needless political comment (or, more likely, a statement?) about Revolution 2013-2014 in Ukraine, where monsters is a representation of protesters, it seems. Given that more than a hundred people had been killed in the real events, and the mapset was released less than 2 weeks after the whole thing happened... Well, i don't know, what to say, honestly.
Of course, for a foreign player this is just another shitty IoS map, but for me, even the name alone was not a pleasant discovery.

1 hour ago, gum_of_hate said:

I think that Whitemare 2 MAP30 "Operation Antimaydan", made by Shadowman, is pretty distasteful, both in its name and theme. Completely needless political comment (or, more likely, a statement?) about Revolution 2013-2014 in Ukraine, where monsters is a representation of protesters, it seems. Given that more than a hundred people had been killed in the real events, and the mapset was released less than 2 weeks after the whole thing happened... Well, i don't know, what to say, honestly.
Of course, for a foreign player this is just another shitty IoS map, but for me, even the name alone was not a pleasant discovery.

Damn, I'm actually doing a playthrough of Whitemare 2 at the moment. Certainly not gonna feel easy playing through it while holding on to this knowledge.

1 hour ago, gum_of_hate said:

Ugh. I keep thinking I know all the reasons why that guy is a slimebucket, and then there turn out to be more of them.