Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redneckerz

(FPS Galore) Realms Deep - 3D Realms Digital Event - September 5-6

This is cool! I also remember @BoJustBo mentioning about working on Hyperviolent (as the artist) sometime ago.

Epic boomer convention indeed.

But for more context, the first game on the video, the one with the blue mana stick, that of the name we know only as G?????N, it's highly possible one of the new 3D Realms Game

There is a second 3D Realms game, that it's not showed on the video.

There is also a high chance of Rise of the Triad 2. 

Also there more tittles that you need to post in the first page,
there will be more information about the expansions of Ion Fury,
New Chapter of Amid Evil,
Maybe Early Access of Ultrakill,
More Gameplay from Gloomwood,
updapted Replay system for Maximum Action,
new levels of Wrath:Aeon of Ruin, hopeful as the same level desings as the newer one.

There is also little rumors of a story based FPS from Running with Scissors, but really just that, rumors and little chit-chat in twitter and discord.

17 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Games noted to be shown:

• The Adventures of Square (BigBrik Games) @Jimmy
  • Brutal Fate  @Sergeant_Mark_IV
  • Core Decay (Ivar Hill)
  • Cyber Hook
  • Dread X Collection (Dread X)
  • DoomBringer @kristus
  • Effigy
  • Fallen Angels
  • Hell Hunt (T19 Games)
  • Hellbound (Nimble Giant Entertainment / Saibot Studios)
  • Hellscreen (Hellscreen Games)
  • Hedon (Zan) (hGZDoom game)
  • HROT
  • Hyperviolent
  • In The Keep
  • Limitless Hunger (Zidlyx)
  • Nightmare Reaper (Blazing Bit games)
  • Paradox Vector (Schmidt Workshops)
  • Postal 4
  • Prodeus (Humble Games / Bounding Box Software)
  • Retchid (From Beneath Software)
  • SCP: Blackout (Mahelyk)
  • Shrine II @scumhead
  • Star Explorers
  • Viscerafest
  • Warfork (Team Forbidden)

You forgot to mention one game. I am "Fury"ous.

EDIT: Also forgot Wrath.

1 hour ago, ReaperAA said:

You forgot to mention one game. I am "Fury"ous.

EDIT: Also forgot Wrath.

I am sure some are forgotten - Some were listed in the announcement, and a few more are on the web page itself. I added in some details but that's about it.

Wrath was a geniune slip up. As for Ion Fury, missed it, but i reckon it has to be DLC or something. Ill add them to the OP.

I am looking forward to this, not familiar with every game they showed in the trailer but some look very appealing. 

Yeah same, wtf is that line-up.

This is gonna be epic, haven't been excited for a gaming press event in almost a decade.

Event Starting at 30 minutes <3

Edited by jamondemarnatural

On 8/14/2020 at 11:42 PM, seed said:

Yeah same, wtf is that line-up.

This is gonna be epic, haven't been excited for a gaming press event in almost a decade.

Get in here and lets go!

Some new games on the RD2020:

• Diluvian Ultra - PC - Unreal Engine 4 - Pixel art, looks like Retroblazer, Nightmare Reaper, Cathedral 3D, Prodeus and Amid Evil had a colorful child, polished - by Crest Helm Studios
  • Fashion Police Squad - PC - Unity 5 Engine - Pixelart, Gun Godz meets Nightmare Reaper, The Spy Who Shot Me and Astral Chain - by Mopeful Games.
  • Contacts Quest  - PC - Unity 5 Engine - Pixel art but less 3D, kid friendly retro FPS

Youtube Stream:

Graven looks like everything i have ever wanted out of a videogame, the medieval fantasy companion to Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.

Realms Deep is already 10/10 to me. It might be Heresy to say, but 3DR/Slipgate/New Blood are becoming as awesome as iD Software.

I can say that, right?

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Realms Deep is already 10/10 to me. It might be Heresy to say, but 3DR/Slipgate/New Blood are becoming as awesome as iD Software.

I can say that, right?

Yes
You can
And you should.

Ultrakill, Graven, Gloomwood, Postal: Brain Damage, Hedon Episode 2, Brutal Fate, and Core Decay are the best at the moment.

Even brougth Ultrakill and man, what a game, it's frenetic and awesome as hell!

Postal: Brain Damaged is literally what Duke Nukem Forever should be:

• Badass protag
  • Badass voice lines
  • Nonsensical plot
  • Guns
  • Ugly ass monsters
  • Fast paced
  • Nonsensical plot

The intermediate lines were fun as heck too. Also big wheels to @kristus for Doombringer which was shown even after stream (on YT) as a multiplayer match set in. @Jimmy's Adventures of Square got big screen time aswell. Both also had a nice post-interview regarding their respective games. Same for Hedon.  @Sergeant_Mark_IV's Brutal Fate looked very slick and the colored lighting effects naturally gave me Ion Fury vibes. It looks good, and gritty.

Even this day alone shun through the vast majority of other gaming related events, and then there is yet another day!

Though its easy to feel numb at seeing yet another fast paced shooter showing the exact kind of gameplay, this is what the industry needs. Not just a teaser of a teaser, but revealing the game, showing 10 minutes of it, and then just flat out say ''Oi, look at our youtube and find another hour of new gameplay.'' That. Is. How. Shit. Should. Get. Done.

Graven is awesome. Everything about this was awesome. Even the technical difficulties with American McGee (Who is awesome) was awesome.

AWESOME.

Couldn't join the entire stream, only got to watch the few final minutes. Then again, time zone differences.

Let me just partake in celebration of the event and the showcase of all the games. Here's a glass raised for all boomer shooters!

30 mins of GRAVEN:

Sadly found this through a Resetera thread. I say sadly as a few folks there are shooting the entire stream down because problematic developers.

Remember people: Even if its universally awesome, it will still suck for someone.

Resetera it's not like a echo chamber for people trying to get in trouble other people or use cancel culture because things do goes with their ideals?

It's not big deal if we not make it a big deal, and sure, don't take them as potencial customers. But Man, this game is inmersive, the fire buring stuff around, how you are not limited on what to do, pretty neat and show's that old fps are not only run and gun.

28 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I say sadly as a few folks there are shooting the entire stream down because problematic developers.

I mean I get why their upset because I think I know what devs there talking about.

That being SargentmarkIV for saying some dumb crap years ago 

But mostly about the whole ion fury voidpoint/3d realms bullcrap.

3d realms will have their response to the ion fury drama be (deservedly so) held over them until the universe resets itself having every human that ever lives have the same DNA as randy pitchford.

They don't like postal either I guess

The most ironic thing about that thread is the person making the most fuss has DukeNukem as his name and avatar.

Theres such a huge amount of irony that they would advertise it on a cereal box.

Graven was definitely the star of the show, it looks fantastic. I'm most interested in Effigy after that, and Brutal Fate and Core Decay looked worth keeping an eye on as well. It's kind of amazing there's so many games in development to justify a 2 day presentation like this. 

8 hours ago, hybridial said:

Graven was definitely the star of the show, it looks fantastic. I'm most interested in Effigy after that, and Brutal Fate and Core Decay looked worth keeping an eye on as well. It's kind of amazing there's so many games in development to justify a 2 day presentation like this. 

I have same opinion. Graven was by far the most impressive of the bunch with Core Decay and Effigy being the next most impressive games.

From what i have seen, not only on the video but on other videos before, is that many developers seems to believe that "Serious Sam with shitty graphics on LSD" are retro or boomer shooters. Maybe they should actually play the games, they try to recreate. There are some exceptions, like Wrath, which seems to get it right.

Maybe it's because i am old, but if the developer didn't even consider a drm-free physical release of their game, for me it is even more far from being retro.

^ well hey, evidence there's people on here more cynical than I am 

Also funnily enough I'd disagree that Wrath succeeds completely at feeling retro, mainly because of the relatively messy encounter design which is probably caused by the player being able to tackle the various levels of the hub in different order, and they tried to compensate for that by having changeable enemy and possibly weapon placement, and it just doesn't feel quite right yet, but it'll hopefully be worked out by the full release. 

Some of the games definitely looked more experimental and aren't simply retro FPSes, Graven is obviously heavily inspired by Heretic, Hexen and Strife, but also looks quite a bit like Dark Messiah, a game I think is often left out of discussions even though it was an awesome game. Effigy strikes me as an experiment in creating a game with primitive 3D aesthetics (which reminded me of Unreal and Turok) and doing an open world adventure, it reminds me of games like Outcast and Shadowman as well. Core Decay seems System Shock inspired, and Brutal Fate is, well, Brutal Doom with its own assets and quite polished and nice looking assets at that. 

I'm open to trying the rest of the games but for whatever reason they didn't entice me quite as much. 

Graven looks pretty cool but the visual aesthetic is honestly giving me some strange vibes, like it doesn't quite know what it wants to be. The textures look like they're stylized/cartoony and then upscaled without any filtering, but the rest of the assets don't really give me any particularly retro vibes. It almost feels more like a PS2 era game where the texture filtering was just turned off in an emulator or something.

8 minutes ago, hybridial said:

Graven is obviously heavily inspired by Heretic, Hexen and Strife, but also looks quite a bit like Dark Messiah, a game I think is often left out of discussions even though it was an awesome game.

An actual successor to Dark Messiah would definietly be something I'd be more interested in. None of the games Arkane made afterward have scratched that same itch. I don't quite see the resemblance with Graven though. It doesn't have the intricate melee combat system with a variety of weapons, or stealth, or the very vertical level design, etc. In fact it doesn't even seem to have different classes to choose from which was a thing in the Hexen games.