Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redneckerz

(FPS Galore) Realms Deep - 3D Realms Digital Event - September 5-6

2 minutes ago, lazygecko said:

An actual successor to Dark Messiah would definietly be something I'd be more interested in. None of the games Arkane made afterward have scratched that same itch. I don't quite see the resemblance with Graven though. It doesn't have the intricate melee combat system with a variety of weapons, or stealth, or the very vertical level design, etc. In fact it doesn't even seem to have different classes to choose from which was a thing in the Hexen games.

Well, I kinda meant just on a basic level, it being a fantasy immersive sim with some clear element of physics to it and an emphasis on melee, and magic from what we've seen so far. It's early though and they probably haven't shown everything in the game.

I also don't think it needs a class system/skill tree or whatever, RPG mechanics outside of RPGs are never really necessary, an action game could effectively make a character be capable at different things purely through the equipment options you use and have the same end effect. I'm kinda hoping there's some more rogue-y weapons, the crossbow fits that archetype. It doesn't look like it has stealth mechanics as such though which is a shame. 

Prodeus remains my most anticipated game out of all of them. Been following the development of the game for over a year now, subsequently becoming a big fan of @Dragonfly before I would join the community a year later and be able to experience his Doom creations first hand. I haven't felt this excited about a new game in a very long time and couldn't be more hyped for it.

I really don't like the way Prodeus looks. It all just feels very messy, hard to read and unpleasant to view in motion. Never really felt that way about actual 90's shooters which makes me think the issues lie in their unorthodox approach to mimicking sprites alongside the way the visuals are mixed with modern effects and rendering techniques.

4 minutes ago, SyntherAugustus said:

The CliffyB interview is incredibly draining.

It's too bad. I was hoping for him to be like "Hey I made something cool like Unreal. Here's a spiritual successor!" You know, anything! Instead it was a long interview about a pile of salt.

I loved Unreal games as a teenager. It's sad that he's turned into this.

The New Blood game annoucements was really goood.

The Switch port of Dusk looks really awesome, hope the weapon circle go into the pc version.

4 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Amid Evil prequel DLC.

Nothing further to add.

Looking forward to that. Not much info about the release date or possible price, though. Not sure whether or not we should assume it'll be added as a free update.

Fallen Aces looks like if @Scuba Steve watched the Godfather trilogy over a weekend, then bingewatched Archer, and then decided that after 12 years, Action Doom 3 had to be a thing. Darker, grimmer, but still fun.

Runs on Gamemaker Studio 2.

Nightmare Reaper dropping Unity for first a custom engine and then using Unreal Engine's renderer along with it, pretty sweet.

Romero was great.

ALSO RISE OF THE TRIAD SOURCE PORT AAAHHHHH

System Shock Remastered look amazing!

Great event, no gonna lie, but i expected more of Wrath, but oh well!!

In terms of new games the highlight of Day 1 was Graven and Day 2 was Fallen Aces.

Expansions for both Ion Fury and Amid Evil are bonuses and im definitely down for the Kingpin and SiN remasters (Also Shadowman and Blade Runner)

34 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Oooh, I'm digging this one as well! Not everyday that you see heavily tongue-in-cheek FPS games like this.

Sure looks the part eh?

I like that many of these games have rather low system requirements.

Just a thumbs up now for @Jimmy now that he is now doing he work on Prodeus with a killer midi's tracks!

Im really gonna enjoy this game.

17 hours ago, SyntherAugustus said:

I loved Unreal games as a teenager. It's sad that he's turned into this.

Yeah, but you must have live under a stone for a couple of years, to not know that he is right about a lot of stuff he said. There are tons of articles about how toxic the games industry has grown on various places, including Unreal-maker Epic.

This event was indeed amazing, and Graven looked the most impressive out of the bunch, but the other titles are not lagging behind either.

I'm probably looking forward to that game the most and some remasters, and of course the Ion Fury expansion, one does not have enough Build engine goodness.

I really like the concept of Ion Fury and I enjoyed the game for the most part but it did get pretty repetitive towards the end. This expansion pack really needs more enemy types, more environment types and maybe some more weapons. Also, Workshop support, when, Voidpoint?

I've only watched Pt. 1 and about half of Pt. 2 so far but Graven definitely looked like my fav so far and i'm hyped for Prodeus as well. It was neat seeing Jimmy and other Doomers interviewed on there too. I didn't expect that.

I don't really care about Switch ports all too much due to not owning a Switch (lol) but it's neat to see them being made i guess. I hope they come to other consoles as well. Also hyped for Rise of the Triad source port!! About time!! :)