Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

wip : serious zandronum alpha 2 will release alpha 3 soon

well this is my project which is based off that infamous mod called serious skulltag which can be no longer found even links are dead but me and my friend worked on this together he made the decorate edits to the serious skulltag monsters and i made the maps the maps need to be improved through more info and credits below.

you need zandronum with skulltag content load order is a must with zdl doom launcher its the only way to play my mods.

to get it over with here is the credits
realm667 authors
Nanami
Espi
Quasar
Cyb
Lexus Alyus
LilWhiteMouse
Graf Zahl
Bouncy
Tormentor667
Björn Ostmann
Xaser
Assmaster
Nimrod
TheDarkArchon
Vader

wrw authors
HobbsTiger1
Kirby
TheDarkArchon
wildweasel
killingblair
Cutmanmike
wario
Scientist
Bouncy
ant1991331
NecroMage
HellsBane
Inuyasha_989
Bashe
Wills
ZChronos
Daniel
arty Razor Kirra
chaoscentral
Chronoteeth
Froon

bosses.wad authors
Bouncy
Erkki-X
Cherepoc
Shinu-Hazad
Xaser
Kirby

serious sam meets doom weapons
Bazooka

now for more info you may know serious skulltag monsters have different attacks let me list them.

hellmaster
Erkkigod
Seravakki the summoner
MedusaQueen
Master
Highlander
FireGod
Deletor Warrior
ssCyberBoss
Common
missing monsters for now :
archdevil
stone giant
because my friend says they crash when fireing so he may have to fix that.

new monsters to serious zandronum
alduranhighlander
fireGod

screenshots updated

https://imgur.com/ciSY9GT

https://imgur.com/Ey0ZNr2

https://imgur.com/GOTtVTw

https://imgur.com/EwF4k33

https://imgur.com/IrbeA7K

https://imgur.com/ginBmbH

for the sourceport you need is zandronum with skulltag content because i put the powerups an other stuff now for the link

https://sites.google.com/view/seriouszandronum/home?authuser=2

https://www.moddb.com/mods/serious-zandronum/downloads/serious-zandronum-alpha-2

now here is skulltag content

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/103f87c8b1457f8919003d35a25fa264

listen before playing im working on this alot the maps will get better im just trying to have fun doom modding and not being in pain its hard for me ok but if you like my mod and have suggestions for it let me know or to make it better let me know !.

but the best of all credit goes to doomwolf555 for the inspiration to make this.

Edited by haruko haruhara

Judging by the screens:

1) A very weak level design. Wolfenstein 3D-like without height variety and architecture details with obstacles.

2) Sprites from Blood

3) Black outline on Thompson sprite.

That's a pretty poor mod and silly presentation at this moment

On 8/15/2020 at 3:03 PM, Deⓧiaz said:

Judging by the screens:

1) A very weak level design. Wolfenstein 3D-like without height variety and architecture details with obstacles.

2) Sprites from Blood

3) Black outline on Thompson sprite.

That's a pretty poor mod and silly presentation at this moment

hey i don.t care for the new version of serious sam meets doom plus i never played wolf3d before i know my mapping is poor i try my best plus i don.t want to rip the games sprites from serious sam becuase i don.t know how so i am going to make this different

11 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

hey i don.t care for the new version of serious sam meets doom plus i never played wolf3d before i know my mapping is poor i try my best plus i don.t want to rip the games sprites from serious sam becuase i don.t know how so i am going to make this different

You can alternatively ask/look for mappers to collaborate with you.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:32 PM, InDOOMnesia said:

You can alternatively ask/look for mappers to collaborate with you.

yeah i do have somebody on discord that is helping me with this but atm its having errors so i can.t fix right now but i can see if he can give ideas

3 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

Judging by your words I can say you're incompetent to make a such big project.

I wish you good luck to find people who will make things you can't do on your own. Otherwise, this project is doomed from the start. And I'm Serious.

I don't understand, what does this even have to do with Serious Sam? The goal for this project would be more easily understood if your post wasn't a giant run-on sentence. How can people expect you to reliably complete a WAD when you can't even be bothered to use punctuation to clearly outline what you are trying to do? And as stated above, the maps look like a poor man's Wolf3d but with Doom textures. I'm sorry, but I think the issue here is both a lack of experience (you've never played Wolf3d, which is pretty much essential, at least so you know how NOT to make a map) and laziness.

20 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

i don.t care for the new version of serious sam meets doom

then why the fuck to start doing one?

On 8/12/2020 at 6:33 AM, haruko haruhara said:

hello everyone now i persent you a mod thats will have more serious action then never before of course this is not going to be that great but i try to make interesting things as the best as i can if you having played my demon house wad yet go check it out i have other projects in the wip too but about this mod you are player sam stone an you have to fight other demons besides serious sam monsters an sam's weapon arsenal will be the biggest yet to shatter those demons to hell but now thats for the story now let's be serious credits will be soon you may notice a little things i did its hard to explain but it won.t be explain here only in private meassge but for the gameplay wise for the first map i made its not finished map01 needs alot more detailing which i need to fix that now for some details of what you need to do to run this.

My criticisms for this wad:
1. Why are there stock doom weapons?! Just make a player class with the Serious Sam Weapons you made!
2. Duke3D Shotgun?! IN MY SERIOUS SAM WAD?!
3. WHY DID YOU PUT A CRAPTON OF R667 WEAPONS?! THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SERIOUS SAM!
4. The level design. It's shitty. I don't like it at all. It also reminds me of Wolfenstein 3-D.
Mainly, the problem here is that it was too rushed and you have little mapping expertise.

1 hour ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

My criticisms for this wad:
1. Why are there stock doom weapons?! Just make a player class with the Serious Sam Weapons you made!
2. Duke3D Shotgun?! IN MY SERIOUS SAM WAD?!
3. WHY DID YOU PUT A CRAPTON OF R667 WEAPONS?! THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SERIOUS SAM!
4. The level design. It's shitty. I don't like it at all. It also reminds me of Wolfenstein 3-D.
Mainly, the problem here is that it was too rushed and you have little mapping expertise.

"Serious Sam: The WolfenDook3D Encounter: Realm667 Edition"

21 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

guys its only in beta form it will get better

That has little to do with the problem.

Actual problems:

1. Poor Wolf3D map design, no offense but you obviously have no experience mapping.

2. Ugly maps/texturing/weapon sprites

2.5 Extremely repetitive texturing.

3. Lazy implementation of R667 assests that have nothing to do with Serious Sam.

4. Actually, none of this has anything to do with Serious Sam.

5. As stated above, why isn't there an SS player class? Why stock weapons?

6. Nobody actually understands the goal of this project because you didn't even make that clear.

7. Zandronum/Skulltag required for a single player mod, why did you go this route?

This is pre-beta. Frankly, this is pre-alpha.

Besides, you said you wanted feedback. To me, the fact that you thought this was ready for any kind of release just shows that you are tone-deaf to your own work.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

6 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I don't understand, what does this even have to do with Serious Sam? The goal for this project would be more easily understood if your post wasn't a giant run-on sentence. How can people expect you to reliably complete a WAD when you can't even be bothered to use punctuation to clearly outline what you are trying to do? And as stated above, the maps look like a poor man's Wolf3d but with Doom textures. I'm sorry, but I think the issue here is both a lack of experience (you've never played Wolf3d, which is pretty much essential, at least so you know how NOT to make a map) and laziness.

If the author isn't going to put in any effort into making his post look good, I assume he's not putting in any effort into making his mod very good. The screenshots did not sway me from that opinion.

I feel bad kinda for you. it's could be a good wad if you had a team of experinced mappers, artists, etc. If you need any help with maps I might be able to help create some serious sam-esk maps (Oh and clean up alot of the wad size too)

I hate to do this but I have to agree with the above posters, and I needed to rename many lumps using slades rename 'regex' in order to just be able to launch it with gzdoom

but keep improving it and be vary of having 80+ lumps all called the same, ie. decorate

1 hour ago, Robot J said:

I feel bad kinda for you. it's could be a good wad if you had a team of experinced mappers, artists, etc. If you need any help with maps I might be able to help create some serious sam-esk maps (Oh and clean up alot of the wad size too)

Well I could have you make me a few maps or give me ideas but I have hard times making maps an if it's something complex I don't know what to do or I'm doing it wrong plus I do most of my stuff on discord so I can get direct messages faster so if you want to help me out with this thats fine.

The file size problem might be because I put mp3s in the wad I probably need to put them in ogg files for the better so it won't be a large file size 

You can't even compare this "Beta" to good Doom X Serious Sam Mods like: Serious Doom's and Hell in Egypt's Beta Version!

I can also help involving this Project with some good and creative Maps/Artwork/Sounds/Story, Instead of creating "Serious Sam: The WolfenDook3D Encounter: Realm667 Edition" Project.

Huh, just found this thread, so I guess I'm going to play this wad. Never played Serious Sam, but I plan to get the classic editions on Steam.

I will edit this post to add notes about the wad.

2 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Huh, just found this thread, so I guess I'm going to play this wad. Never played Serious Sam, but I plan to get the classic editions on Steam.

I will edit this post to add notes about the wad.

I don't want to ruin serious Sam for anybody but play the original games before playing this wad of mine I haven't even worked on it in a long time but I'm going to work on it when I can

2 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

I don't want to ruin serious Sam for anybody but play the original games before playing this wad of mine I haven't even worked on it in a long time but I'm going to work on it when I can

I played it, it was meh. Here’s some tips.

1: Watch tutorials for the map builder you use.

2: Play Army of Darkness TC and Pirate Doom. They are both great total conversions, and Army of Darkness TC is a vanilla wad while Pirate Doom is a ZDoom wad.

3: Avoid using Realm667 things, since it makes the wad seem lazy.

4: Play Requiem, just play it.

Sorry for the bump but I have updated the mod but there is some new maps and alot of new stuff like monsters and weapons I haven't count the number weapons and monsters but will update the thread for more info

@haruko haruhara, I read a few of the other posts in this thread, and I have a suggestion. I recommend working on your mapping, practicing with your editor and maybe releasing single vanilla maps, so you can gain constructive feedback on your maps and improve your maps before taking in a large project such as this one. You seem ambitious and want to release something that people will want to play and will enjoy. I'm not discouraging that. I simply think it's within your best interest to first practice with small scale projects and gain invaluable experience with mapping and the use of custom assets. There are people more than willing to test your maps and give feedback, like myself. Releasing a mod with maps added is a difficult process, and requires great knowledge of mapping, not just the use of Realm 667 resources. I hope this post doesn't discourage you, rather it helps to give you an idea on how to improve your skills.

39 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

@haruko haruhara, I read a few of the other posts in this thread, and I have a suggestion. I recommend working on your mapping, practicing with your editor and maybe releasing single vanilla maps, so you can gain constructive feedback on your maps and improve your maps before taking in a large project such as this one. You seem ambitious and want to release something that people will want to play and will enjoy. I'm not discouraging that. I simply think it's within your best interest to first practice with small scale projects and gain invaluable experience with mapping and the use of custom assets. There are people more than willing to test your maps and give feedback, like myself. Releasing a mod with maps added is a difficult process, and requires great knowledge of mapping, not just the use of Realm 667 resources. I hope this post doesn't discourage you, rather it helps to give you an idea on how to improve your skills.

I been trying to make maps in just the doom 2 format but it just seems like I mostly just make boxes and such which is why I need to improve my skills.

4 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

I been trying to make maps in just the doom 2 format but it just seems like I mostly just make boxes and such which is why I need to improve my skills.

I've given this advice to many people struggling to come up with interesting layouts , and I'll gladly give it again : Try playing more wads and see how people handle making layouts interesting and diverse. Look how they make their maps flow and what contributes to flow, be it fast-paced combat or their maps length. I'm still a novice so I know how you feel.