Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherubCorps

Angelic Aviary v1.3: Eviternity II edition (Finished/Updated: 12/29/2023)

D'Sparill isn't replaced in the new 1.0 version of this mod. His replacement is missing.
His 2nd form is replaced, but it doesn't appear after you kill his first form.

On 9/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, LaughingMan008 said:

D'Sparill isn't replaced in the new 1.0 version of this mod. His replacement is missing.
His 2nd form is replaced, but it doesn't appear after you kill his first form.

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it and it will be in the next update.

Version 1.1 is live. This one features the ability to turn off the angel's voices, flying feathers, expanded option menu and alot of bugfixes/balance.

V 1.01
Major features
-New rare bird: Rusalka (Replaces the Snowflake). Her attacks are like the Snowflake except she will now explode into a flurry of ice shards a few seconds after dying. If gibed she will instantly explode into more powerful ice shards. Think twice before using rockets on her. On the plus side, she can also be used to kill other angels. This enemy has been given custom art and is no longer a palette swap.
-Disable voices option. From the option menu, you can disable the voices of the angels and replace them with alternate sounds. Each angel’s voice can be disabled individually if you find only a specific angel’s voice grating, or all voices can be disabled. This is the most requested feature people have asked for.
-Custom gibs: As some angels take damage, they will spew feathers. This option can be turned on or off or feather can be enabled to stay on the ground forever.
-Lore: Hundreds of lore entries, hints, and fun notes in the menu and quit menu.
-Greatly Expanded the option menu to customize your experience. Option menu can be accessed from both the main menu and option menu, allowing access if mods are loaded out of order.
-Added option to disable health drops from angels entirely.
-Added option to allow players to walk over dolls.
-Added options to toggle on/off fanservice elements.
Bug fixes
-Killing the Crusader Queen’s 1st form will now end E3M8 in vanilla doom.
-Fixed an error which caused the Heretic D’Sparil replacement not to spawn. Killing the Heretic boss will open the end of the level.
-Fixed a bug which caused Cherubs to search for the player at the start of the map.
-Crusader Queen’s Hoseys no longer bleed.
-Frozen angels are immune to ice and take X2 damage from fire.
-Fixed typos/spelling errors in menus
-Fixed bug that would cause an infinite number of sprites to spawn when disabling the forgotten maiden.
Enemy changes

Cardinal
-Cardinals cannot be put into a pain state when attacking or panting, making baiting them into attacking a more viable option. Tired state has been extended so that it is easier to kill Cardinals with a chainsaw when tired.
-Cardinal easter egg death is less frequent.
Ophanim
-Slightly increased the time it takes for the Ophanim to open/close eyes.
-Ophanim drops “Eye candy” if killed with a certain element.
Principality
-Principality’s Lightning stream is more condensed.
Crusader Queen – Has been greatly buffed.
-Slightly Increased speed in 1st and 2nd forms.
-Crusader Queen is immune to damage during the flipping animation between phases.
-The explosion of the Horeys deals 4X more damage and has 3X the explosion range. In addition, the explode releases 8 super orbiter bullets at 45-degree angles.
-Moves more sporadically in 2nd form and is harder to hit.
-Arm cannon orbiter bullets have been changed. Blue bullets deal more damage and red bullets are faster.
Aphrodite’s Kiss and Forgotten Maiden
-Decreased Aphrodite’s Kiss arrows damage on strike. Increased the damage and explosion radius of the heart mine.
-When turned to stone, Aphrodite’s Kisses no longer take splash damage. Changed due to slaughter maps
-Aphrodite’s Kiss and Forgotten maiden mines will move towards the player (Very slowly) before exploding. The yellow heart will move slightly before blowing up.
-At 50% health, Forgotten maiden cannot be put into her pain state.
-Reduced Crown of the Moon’s duration from 300 seconds to 240 seconds.
Puckish Prankster
-Puckish Prankster projectiles spawn a wall of bubbles on hit.
Arch-Angels
-Custom voices for both the Destroying Angel and Willendorf.
-Destroying Angel will deflects projectiles when struck with a projectile.
-Destroying Angel has a pain animation.
-Willendorf’s Cherubs shoot 3 small bolts of lightning
Animation
-Fixed an animation error in the cardinal’s attack cycle.
-Fixed an animation error in the Seraph’s death cycle.
-Fixed an animation where the Kiss would not look at the player when firing.

Download here and enjoy: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bsf8iuiq8g9jd6q/AngelicAviary_V1.1.wad/file

I'm wondering if there will be a bloodless version (sorry for saying something now but like I wanted to know)

15 hours ago, Rabbid said:

I'm wondering if there will be a bloodless version (sorry for saying something now but like I wanted to know)

At the current time, no.

I have thought about adding non-violent deaths because it is a feature many people have asked for. The main issue is that animation takes a long time and I haven't figured out a good way to do a non-violent death. I have some ideas such as having the angels explode into a big pile of feathers or having the angel disintegrating (Like the Willendorf's Cherub) and leaving behind piles of clothes than can be resurrected by the putto/joy elemental. Again, this would take a massive amount of man power.

Maybe one day. I still want to add some new content (Animations, bug fixes, easter eggs and two more rare birds) and there is a small update coming in the near For the most part though, the mod is finished. I need to get started on a new project.

Ah well if there is ever one alert me XD

also by that I meant like... no deaths/body destruction

Edited by Rabbid

V1.21 is live. This version adds a final boss to replace the icon of sin along with some new animations, bug fixes, balances and easter eggs.

Unless they are major bugs, I don’t plan to update Aviary for a while. From this point forward, I want to focus all my energy into my next doom project. I’m trying for a working beta to be up sometime around June. In the meantime, please enjoy the newest version of Aviary.

General

-Angelic Aviary is now a .ZIP rather than a .WAD. Everything is more organized under the hood.

-Willendorf and the destroying Angel (Replaces Icon of Sin): Rather than the Icon of Sin, you face off against the two archangels from Life and Death difficulty. Unlike life-or-death mode, both archangels can be killed. Only Willendorf needs to be killed, however, killing the destroying angel will net you supplies to make Willendorf easier to kill. Willendorf will spawn in as a random Principality and needs to be found before the fight begins.

-Angelic skies can be enabled/disabled depending on load order. (Seeing the AA logo means Angelic skies and enemies are enabled). Does not work with all maps

-Multiple bug fixes, including fixed bug which would cause the mod to not work with HoD: Baron or other mods that use notes. (Thanks to []Dot for helping with the ACS).

-Improved feather animation on all angels.

-Petrification deaths. Many angels can be turned to stone via a specific damage type. This damage type is limited to specific gameplay mod. (Note, Fanservice must be enabled for this option to work.)

-Removed custom font so AA will work better in gameplay mods that have custom text.

-Removed Codename Demolitionist easter eggs due to recent controversy.

-Fixed animation error in the Principality’s death cycle.

Enemy specific

Dolls

-Added custom ice death animation for all dolls.

Cardinal

-Added custom gib death animation to Cardinals and Blackbirds.

Authority

-Authority’s melee attack speed decreased.

-Green wind blades do slightly less maximum damage.

Principality

-Added new attack. At melee range, Principalities can surround themselves with a lightning shield which does damage over time to opponents.

-Principalities raise their wings when preforming certain attacks.

Ophanim

-Ophanim attacks petrify angels on death (Disabled by default via option menu.)

Dollmaykr

--Dolls and Dollmaykrs are no longer the same species. This prevents Dolls and the Dollmaykr from inheriting the same traits when playing with corruption cards.

-Turbo dolls inherit Dollmaykr abilities rather than Doll abilities.

-Dollmaykr only spawns turbo knife dolls, turbo revolver dolls and turbo shotgun duos.

-Turbo Shotgun duos spawn a turbo knife doll on death rather than a standard knife doll.

-Dollmaykrs and turbo dolls are classified as the same species

Crusader Queen

-Crusader Queen’s horses drop 100 bullets to prevent ammo starvation.

-The second phase of the Crusader Queen moves more sporadically and is harder to hit with projectiles.

-Cannon red orbiter bullets move slower, do less damage, but will slightly home in on the target.

Great Seraph

-Seraph fanservice option has been added back into the mod.

-Decreased plasma ammo drop to 100 on 1st kill

Queen of Queens

-Queen of Queen’s egg is now gold.

-Gold egg takes longer to hatch.

-Killing Willendorf in level 30 will spawn the golden egg, allowing the player to challenge the Queen of Queen as an extra boss (She can also be spawned in the classic way by killing two Great Seraphs in a row on any map).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qr61rsv03yq4qfr/AngelicAviary_1.21.pk3/file

Edited by CherubCorps : Updated mod link to 1.21

So I was not planning on updating Angelic Aviary. Then, outta nowhere, Eviternity II was stealth released. Eviternity II changed alot in its code so that all custom monsters that worked in Eviternity I did not transfer over...

Until Now.

Angelic Aviary v1.3: Eviternity II edition is finally out.

Major features
-Eviternity II compatibility: Angelic Aviary was originally designed to be played with Eviternity. This version alters the custom Eviternity II monsters into exclusive new Angels. The only enemy not replaced is the final boss
-New Rare bird: Magus Doll: Found in Eviternity II but can spawn in vanilla maps by interesting means. Keep your eyes peeled.
-New Rare bird: An extremely chilly boss. You’ve been warned.
-Added option to prevent Cherubs/Snowballs from crossing invisible walls or escaping from monster closets prematurely. Makes slaughter maps and levels with hundreds of Cherubs less broken. Needed for Eviternity II maps 5, 9, 11, 18, 24, 26.
Enemy specific

Kiss
-Kiss arrows always do a solid 18 damage regardless of armor. Aphrodite’s Kiss arrows do 20 damage.
-Kiss arrows do double damage to other angels. This means Kisses are more likely to win infights against weaker angels such as Dolls, Cherubs, Cardinals, and Snowballs.

Authority
-Authority has a 1/6 chance to throw a red windblade. She will take slightly longer to spam this attack.

Aspect of Iris
-Aspect of Iris bleeds rainbow blood on pain state and death (A feature I’ve wanted since day 1).

Principality
-Added fanservice death to Principality. Enjoy.

Rusalka
-Reduced health from 70 to 50. Meaning that Rusalka are easier to gib (Which can be both good or bad)

Crusader Queen
-Crusader Queen slides on walls rather than coming to a complete stop.
-Crusader Queen can be punished while preparing to charge.
-Nerfed the Crusader Queen’s 2nd form.
-Decreased health from 1000 to 800
-Slightly decreased movement and attack speed
-Crusader Queen’s 2nd form takes splash damage from rockets.

Crucified Seraph
-Crucified Seraphs take less damage from Iris butterflies. Iris butterflies will not put the Seraph into a stun locked phase.
-Crucified Seraph shoots an additional ground fire towards the player when entering her pain state.
-Added additional quake effects to death animations of all Seraphs.

Heretic version
-Dollmaykr has a super rare chance of spawning in place of an iron lich.
-Morph Ovum turns angels to stone rather than chickens.

Miscellaneous
-Decreased size of some of the feathers.
-Simplified some of the option menus.
-Forgotten maiden statues and Seraph eggs are no longer classified as enemies, preventing them from spawning when playing with Corruption cards.
-Minor bug fixes.

I would not have released this, but Eviternity was one of the map packs that originally inspired the mod. This mod does make the base Eviternity II more difficult and I do recommend beating E2 vanilla before attempting it with Angels. Also, be sure to turn on invisible walls in the option menu for maps 5, 9, 11 (Especially 11), 18, 24, and 26.

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/huy1393976mog9y/AngelicAviary_1.3.pk3/file