Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nostalgia

If you were the doomguy how would you like to die

Peacefully by age.

So many Arch-Viles, Chaingunners, and Revenants but none of them or any other demon would ever succeed. It'd be one final victory against the armies of Hell.

If I was Doomguy, would death not be the end for me, until the final person to ever play Doom stops? He literally has extra lives in one game. Doomguy's relationship with death seems a bit... complicated.

47 minutes ago, NoXion said:

If I was Doomguy, would death not be the end for me, until the final person to ever play Doom stops? He literally has extra lives in one game. Doomguy's relationship with death seems a bit... complicated.

I like to think that the extra lives are a last resort that the praetor suit uses to heal doomguy when he is near death.

3 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

Hmm. What happens if you die when you're already in hell?

You go to Super-Hell. And further Hells if you die there. It's Hells all the way down.

10 hours ago, Final Verdict said:

It somewhat defeats the point to spend your life so cheaply, are there no demon scum in this hallway? If not, why not? Find a more congested hallway I say. 

I am a raging plasmaholic.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, nostalgia said:

If you were the doomguy how would you like to die

Getting licked by a cyberdemon comes to mind... might as well go out while having fun

Getting blocked by a single spectre and being instantly killed by a cyberdemon rocket at the very end of a gruelling hour long slaughtermap. I feel like that would neatly sum up the essence of the Doomguy experience.

If I were DG I'd like to die by activating some weapon that would decimate hordes of demons alongside me, just to guarantee that I'd be taking a few more baddies with me

If I were doomguy...how would I like to go out?...

Hmm. Well. I would carry as much ammo as I possibly could, and since I'm doomguy,  I guess I'd like to go out in a blaze. Hunker down somewhere, preferably on earth. Hold back as many as I can before I run out of ammo, cut down as many waves of demons as I can before they take me down. For my last hurrah, I would use the BFG to make a messy exit for both myself, and the demons that surround me.

But what would really happen though? With my luck, I'm guessing the first wave of demons to take me on would be Archviles... Just because. And the idea of dying in battle with glory and honor; would be destroyed. Haha.

i see myself falling into an inescapable pit, facehugging a wall and firing a rocket directly at it.

Crushed by a silent slow crusher on a -20 damaging blinking floor.

4 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Telefragged. 

There's a chance I'll be relocated to an alternative dimension...

Telefragged by who though?

On 8/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, Mitchfork said:

peacefully in my sleep surrounded by loved ones.  but rocket sounds okay too i guess

peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not yelling like his front passenger.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:05 AM, PedoDoomWorld said:

You would have to share fame with the other 3 guys. I prefer this:

This. First thing I thought when I read the title haha.

On a second thought, I would like to die the same frame I pressed exit so I can respawn next map.

I would like to find George Lucas and duel him in a lightsaber battle to the death. 

27 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Being blown up by an archvile as he explodes all the barrels around me too

No ammo left, 3% health left, you're surrounded by barrels on all ends and that skinny fucker's charging up. However, it stupidly stepped inside the ring of barrels with you. If you're going down, it's going down with you. You race up right up into it and take your final kill as the stupid bastard blows you up right in its gormless face, igniting the ring of barrels and annihilating you both in a glorious, blazing inferno. 

Edited by Biodegradable