Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WowozuelaSpammer

Plutonia Experiment?

So, i've been really wanting to try Plutonia for the main reason i want to play a wad that looks like something Id would do, i don't want to play some complex wad with incredibly detailed architecture, i just want something nice and simple.

Now, i can't seem to find Plutonia everywhere, in Idgames or Downloads.

I just hope i don't require buying Final Doom, since i already have The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, so it would be pretty pointless buying a pack although i already have the main games.

Anyone have a link? Ofc, a safe one, from a trusty source (places like Idgames or ModDB)

i think that final doom generated controversy then it released, i was a free wad but ID software "John Romero primary i think" made a deal to make it commercial...

No, you're thinking of TNT: Evilution. I don't know the story behind Plutonia's development, but TNT was originally a community megaWAD that was initially going to be free but then Romero showed up when it was almost finished and offered TeamTNT a publishing deal and they took it. Caused a bit of a stir back in the day.

Edited by Biodegradable

1 hour ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

I just hope i don't require buying Final Doom, since i already have The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, so it would be pretty pointless buying a pack although i already have the main games.

Final Doom does not, and never did include either of The Ultimate Doom or Doom 2. It is two different 32-level Megawads using the Doom 2 structure.

7 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Final Doom does not, and never did include either of The Ultimate Doom or Doom 2

GOG Doom 2 on the other hand, included Final Doom IWADs as a bonus.

41 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

the story behind Plutonia's development

Basically, Casali bros sent the id crew some preview maps, they liked it and asked if the Casalis can make a megawad within 4 months. And they did. No controversies involved as far as I'm concerned.

a legit Plutonia

Plutonia 2 is free and it's on idgames.

1 hour ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

You just have half the main games.

The original set of IWADs are U.Doom, Doom2, TNT, and Plutonia.

So yes, you need to buy them to play them.

Plutonia is not a PWAD.

52 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

GOG Doom 2 on the other hand, included Final Doom IWADs as a bonus.

Basically, Casali bros sent the id crew some preview maps, they liked it and asked if the Casalis can make a megawad within 4 months. And they did. No controversies involved as far as I'm concerned.

Plutonia 2 is free and it's on idgames.

Plutonia 2 needs to have plutonia for the textures to work rigth? 

27 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Definitely does

36 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Spoiler

Yes, that was supposed to be a halfjoke.

6 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

i want to play a wad that looks like something Id would do, i don't want to play some complex wad with incredibly detailed architecture, i just want something nice and simple.

Not sure how much you've looked around, but if you want to play some vanilla styled mapsets I'd certainly recommend Doom the Way id Did and its sequel, community projects that try to recreate both IWADs' mapping styles. You might also like Jimmy's Deathless, a 4-episode Ultimate Doom replacement, as well as No End in Sight.

There are also older wads that usually stick pretty close to what you'd expect from id's work, like Memento Mori. Maybe Scythe as well, except for the last few levels that get pretty wild relatively speaking.

Edited by uber

1 hour ago, LVENdead said:

Definitely does

You can also play it with Freedoom.

2 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

You can also play it with Freedoom.

I'm sure Freedoom2 will glitch out due to incompatible textures.

I thought it included replacements for every texture in both Plutonia and Evilution?

15 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I thought it included replacements for every texture in both Plutonia and Evilution?

Ah well, you are right, that's neat. Apologies for my incompetence.

Final doom in general is far from being nice and simple, I'm on map 28 on TNT and I just tried plutonia today with James Paddocks music.  I had to use alot of save states to get to where I'm at on TNT evilution.

I don't think that counts though with those saves.  If you wan't Plutonia Experiment.. you have to buy it since its a commercial release (FINAL DOOM)